oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Foreign loans which Humpty mentioned earlier doesn't fill me with much confidence. Just stinks of pure desperation. We spent 7 years in the championship and this is what is has come to. It just seems like we're planning for life in the championship again. We simply had to sign proven quality signings this window, we've failed this big style. Rubbish.

Remember a short while ago when you were on here banging on about bedwetters...

It seems so long ago now  :cool:

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

At what stage does someone who was actually on your list but slightly lower down become a panic buy?

8th on the list.  If you ever get down to Phil Whelan then you just need to put the phone down and admit defeat.

Foreign loans which Humpty mentioned earlier doesn't fill me with much confidence. Just stinks of pure desperation. We spent 7 years in the championship and this is what is has come to. It just seems like we're planning for life in the championship again. We simply had to sign proven quality signings this window, we've failed this big style. Rubbish.

Great time for an 'I told you so' and a big old grin. Down the Boro etc

This is what happens when you start putting Bojan and Snodgrass in your team before the deal even been accepted

Does anyone think we actually made a proper £10-£12M bid for Bojan?

I think we would have been prepared to do so but I think we were encouraged to pursue other targets ie Jese. I think this backfired greatly and that probably proved to turn Bojan away from a move here thinking he is not first choice. That's my belief anyway :).

There's not even any rumours now just endless debate, so depressing.

I think we could make up some rumours and they wouldn't be far off. 

Going for 2 in tomorrow. Winger then CM/AM. Both panic buys