oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Foreign loans which Humpty mentioned earlier doesn't fill me with much confidence. Just stinks of pure desperation. We spent 7 years in the championship and this is what is has come to. It just seems like we're planning for life in the championship again. We simply had to sign proven quality signings this window, we've failed this big style. Rubbish.

Remember a short while ago when you were on here banging on about bedwetters...

It seems so long ago now  :cool:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lty9yikbns1r4zr2vo1_500.gif

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love for us to raid the Bundesliga a bit more.

Same. We were told by Gill in a gazette interview that the club saw the Bundesliga as the closest league in terms of physicality to the premier league, so why haven't we looked there at all?

Because it's all a lie. We've been told we have links with all these European clubs and we have an impressive database of players yet we never see it in practice. Guzan, Gestede, Barragan, De Pena, Espinosa...what was the strategy behind these transfers.

Everyone seems to be blaming Orta but what about Gary Gill and Neil Bausor? They are in charge of getting the deals done, not Orta, this is where we have *** up window after window. We have been shockingly embarrassing for a number of windows now.

Rubbish. In the Summer we managed Negredo, Traore, Valdes, Chambers, Gaston on a permanent (despite all the hurdles they had to negotiate there)

This time last year we signed Gaston, De Laet and Rhodes. 

In the summer before that we signed Downing, Nugent and Stuani

The January before that we signed Forshaw.

Hardly embarrassing, all of those players had major roles to play or are playing a major role right now, please don't go back to KM of old.

No, I'm not saying that. My argument was against KM saying that they players we've signed have had no strategy behind them, which they clearly do.

Ah fair play mate.  I think more than de Pena puzzle me for all sorts of reasons.  I would say our transfer activity has been disjointed at times.

I think it's all been pretty logical. Risky, but logical. Pretty much every signing we've made since being promoted has carried a fair element of risk, but that's mostly due to the fact that "sure things" cost a fortune.

Disjointed is probably a fair way to put it.

Mods can you sort out some new smilies please.  We need at least one with the little face bawling it's eyes out for situations like these.

I don't think we'll panic buy, at least by my definition of panic buy. I think we'll probably ring the clubs of every player on our lists to let them know that we are serious and looking for players and willing to pay good money.