oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

I'd absolutely take Nani if he is available. Seen someone else mention Hull were in for him, we must have a decent relationship with Valencia, he would atleast have a few shots per game. Plenty fly over the bar but he always pulls out a screamer every now and again.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds more like slamming the media - "It is easy [to accept] because, here, and for whatever reason, I am blamed. It is always going to be the same. I am the one responsible, and I am used to that."

Karanka needs some coaching in media management though. 

Sounds more like slamming the media - "It is easy [to accept] because, here, and for whatever reason, I am blamed. It is always going to be the same. I am the one responsible, and I am used to that."

Also says the 2 players signed ain't good enough

Teams in our position are signing players for £14 million – we are signing players that didn’t play in the Championship [Gestede]. “Patrick didn’t play for almost 18 months, so I don’t think it is an amazing improvement

Also says the 2 players signed ain't good enough

Teams in our position are signing players for £14 million – we are signing players that didn’t play in the Championship [Gestede]. “Patrick didn’t play for almost 18 months, so I don’t think it is an amazing improvement

Not ready, rather than not good enough I think. He insists he has final say on transfers, so he wouldn't have said yes if he didn't actually want them. Gestede was completed really early in the window though, so its a bit of an odd one.

The Gestede signing made no sense and clearly wasn't a Karanka signing. I can really see why he's annoyed as it's clear he isn't getting his targets but airing it in the media like this isn't the way to deal with it.

The Gestede signing made no sense and clearly wasn't a Karanka signing. I can really see why he's annoyed as it's clear he isn't getting his targets but airing it in the media like this isn't the way to deal with it.

But then there's that quote from Karanka about Gestede, something about asking his centre backs about him and them saying he's one of the most difficult strikers to defend against. So he must have wanted him a bit, right? Maybe its a protest signing again, like Kike Sola.

I think that's a brilliant interview and agree with every word.

Wether it's right or wrong to say it I don't see how any of the fans can complain about what he's said because it's exactly what we've been saying anyway!

One thing I love to see in football is a bit of honesty so well done karanka!

But then there's that quote from Karanka about Gestede, something about asking his centre backs about him and them saying he's one of the most difficult strikers to defend against. So he must have wanted him a bit, right? Maybe its a protest signing again, like Kike Sola.

I suppose he has to say something positive really doesn't he? I imagine it's a scouting department signing seen as he cost quite a bit rather than a protest signing but either way I will be surprised if he even starts more than 1 or 2 games between now and the end of the season never mind scores any goals.

Bamford and Gestede were clearly wanted. Bamford because he performed so well for us in the Championship. And Gestede because he's the type of player who can potentially lead the line in Negredo's absence (back up option). So I don't buy into the 'they weren't wanted by AK' argument. That's nonsense.

However, it's clear that they weren't signings for the first team (rightly so). And that our first team targets did not materialise. Again, good reason for AK to be frustrated. I am very frustrated too whilst hopeful something can happen in the next 23 hours (though not holding my breath).

But no complaints from me either. AK shows he cares by being so annoyed. And we showed ambition by targeting these types of players in the first place; just didn't manage pull it out the bag. Would rather the possibility of some excellent signings then just add more of what we already have. And impossible to truly say what has/hasn't happened behind the scenes, so let's not jump to irrational conclusions.

I wish people would stop claiming some signings aren't AK's, he's been here what 3 years now? He knows the championship and PL as much as anyone now. Even signings like de Pena and yanic wildschut who were clearly watched by scouts will of been presented to AK before he had the final say.

I wish people would stop claiming some signings aren't AK's, he's been here what 3 years now? He knows the championship and PL as much as anyone now. Even signings like de Pena and yanic wildschut who were clearly watched by scouts will of been presented to AK before he had the final say.

Agree

As usual with some fans it's either one extreme or the other, they are either all AK signings or Gill has signed them all. They can't seem to comprehend it's a mix of both.

Despite what has been said in the media over the last few weeks and our annoyance with a very sensitive Karanka at times we should be happy with these recent comments on signings as it is sending a message to the hierachy we need significant improvements as we all want as fans. I disagree with a lot of his comments in the media but he is right on in this article. I do think the journalist has certainly used certain terminology to cause a stir. I am starting to feel sorry for him in the current predicament and that is saying something with the backing he received in The Championship.