oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

I don't like him? Interesting assumption. I think he underachieves. There's a difference.

Anyway I'll tell you what's wrong with it:

1. Rank bad man management. How can his squad think he has 100% faith in them when he's asked if his current squad are good enough to get through the season he comments like, "with this group of players all I can do is trust and believe."

2. Dismissing new signings. He told the TV cameras the team hasn't been improved.What must Gestede and Bamford think hearing those comments?

3. Further divisive comments. Strength in unity. Slamming your chairman, CEO, scouts in the media is hardly conducive to a healthy working environment. He's been given more support than he's deserved at times during his tenure and to take a swipe at the very people who have had his back from day one leaves a bitter taste.

4. Loss of control. A press conference like that demonstrates a lack of control. What positive is there to take from it? Are the back room staff going to put more effort in? No of course they're not. Are the players going to feel empowered going on to West Brown after these comments? Bit particularly. The comments served no purpose other than to vent his frustrations.

How to took all that from his interview say you don't like him to me. As you've managed to interpret it in the most negative and sensationalist way possible

It was by no means a great interview but all I took from it was he's frustrated as hell and prefer to concentrate on tonight's game. But that's maybe because I like the guy.

I certainly didn't see or hearing him 'slamming' anyone and I thought he explained why Paddy and Gestede aren't quite there yet.

As for the back room staff I'm not sure what work environment you have but with me, we have fall outs all the time but are professional and still do our jobs the best we can at all times not just down tools when someone says something we don't like

I'm constantly fighting with Doctor's and anaesthetists at work because I know if they don't do their job, it'll be me, the nurse who has to deal with the fallout. Exactly the same situation as Karanka. He doesn't get what he needs, he's the one being blamed and it'll be him out of a job.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

the 7 years in the champo has damaged our prestige more than we probably suspected. we cant attract anyone.

if steve mac was still here or robbo we'd be showing off bojan, jese and one of our first choice strikers and right backs other than negredo and barragan. instead we are scrapping the barrel wasting our time trying to convince players who clearly are not bothered.

i personally think we should have been looking in the championship in the summer and now for the majority of signings. we've been unrealistic in the market imo.

I don't like him? Interesting assumption. I think he underachieves. There's a difference.

1. Rank bad man management. How can his squad think he has 100% faith in them when he's asked if his current squad are good enough to get through the season he comments like, "with this group of players all I can do is trust and believe."

2. Dismissing new signings. He told the TV cameras the team hasn't been improved.What must Gestede and Bamford think hearing those comments?

3. Further divisive comments. Strength in unity. Slamming your chairman, CEO, scouts in the media is hardly conducive to a healthy working environment. He's been given more support than he's deserved at times during his tenure and to take a swipe at the very people who have had his back from day one leaves a bitter taste.

4. Loss of control. A press conference like that demonstrates a lack of control. What positive is there to take from it? Are the back room staff going to put more effort in? No of course they're not. Are the players going to feel empowered going on to West Brown after these comments? Bit particularly. The comments served no purpose other than to vent his frustrations.

How to took all that from his interview say you don't like him to me. As you've managed to interpret it in the most negative and sensationalist way possible

It was by no means a great interview but all I took from it was he's frustrated as hell and prefer to concentrate on tonight's game. But that's maybe because I like the guy.

I certainly didn't see or hearing him 'slamming' anyone and I thought he explained why Paddy and Gestede aren't quite there yet.

As for the back room staff I'm not sure what work environment you have but with me, we have fall outs all the time but are professional and still do our jobs the best we can at all times not just down tools when someone says something we don't like

Have you watched the Gazette video regarding their views on the press conference? Have watch and let me know if you think they dislike Karanka too.

I know this for a fact, Tallantire & Shaw can't stand him.

Have you watched the Gazette video regarding their views on the press conference? Have watch and let me know if you think they dislike Karanka too.

Just watched it now and whereas they say pretty much what your saying, no I don't think that they don't like him. However that's the first real time I've heard them talk about AK in a press conference where I've read I lot of your comments about Karanka which are rarely positive (certainly this season)

But it could be a indication of you getting frustrated with him so if you do like him I think your pretty close to the end of your tether with him. I could of course be wrong

I'm critical of Karanka and I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself, because I think he's a very capable manager that has wasted a lot of money and opportunity. I think he's vastly underachieved. If I didn't rate him or if i had some kind of issue with him, I'd just come out and say it. Don't worry about that.

I'm all about he club. Not Karanka. That press conference served no purpose other Ham to benefit himself. It did not benefit the club, the squad of players or the cause in any positive way. I'm pro-Boro and by and large Karanka is good for the club but when he starts driving wedges between fans and the club, I have to question whether he's a positive influence.

Maybe AK really is out of F***s to give? The fact he is emotional to the point of jeapordising his future shows he cares, maybe he thinks some dont care as much? If we are to believe the popular theory that Gaston wants to go because of footballing reasons (same football we played last season) then its fair to assuming its our attack. Subotic was apparently a nailed on transfer this January yet he hasn't been mentioned and AK has focused solely on attacking improvement, The result, our most creative attacker wants out, no one wants in - yet he has to turn us into Barcelona in attack to appease the boo boys - my Gran had a saying 'you can't turn a sows ear into a silk purse' so what is he meant to say and do? I'm sure he was building a team which A. would survive. B. over the seasons build it into a decent possible Europe chasing side. But he is getting his hands tied, criticized from every angle and not much credit for what he has actually achieved, which by his comments of late is abundantly clear. We have unity in our team and it shows, they want to win and hes trying to find a way to win with what he has got. He got Negredo and Valdes to come - he also got Gaston to come although thats went wonky. My worry is that we need him more than he needs us and I truly believe he could one day be a top level manager - look at Porto when Jose was winning everything, no big names, ground out results, the style of play criticised but Jose did what he had to do with what he had - AK has learnt from him, he is massively respected and wanted in Spain and hes right about the 'Johnny come lately' boo boys who first showed their heads at the promotion game last season, hes right about needing more players to play the way he and the fans want us to play, hes right to be frustrated and annoyed - I bet he wants to punch Gaston to be honest, what on earth has the recruitment team been doing? To get the players we want we were always going to have to pay over the odds at this stage of the season, as if Stoke were going to lend us a player like Bojan or Hull sell us their best player just like that - we *** about looking to beg borrow and steal when we should have just hit hard and fast get them signed, get them bedded in and get cracking with the job at hand - an extra couple of mil here and there is better than relegation - what happened to the 140 mil we were getting for promotion? A penny of prevention is worth a pound of cure (me gran again) and yes they will blame AK, so where he is wrong in what he said I don't know - should he have said it? Maybe - maybe not, what reaction will it get? We will find out tonight. But all great managers have walked tightropes in verbal outbursts - maybe we are just not used to having a manager of that calibre ? Im past caring, the window is always the same yet people seem to think that for some reason we will change our dithering 'stretch it out' attitude' that fails us every time - learning from past mistakes is obviously something other people do.

• Like 1

His job is to manage and get the best out his own squad of players not absolve him self of blame at any opportunity.

Think you're forgetting we were 60 points from safety and heading for liquidation when he got the job with 25 fans watching the side every week

His job is to manage and get the best out his own squad of players not absolve him self of blame at any opportunity.

Think you're forgetting we were 60 points from safety and heading for liquidation when he got the job with 25 fans watching the side every week

That's obviously incorrect

That's obviously incorrect

Yep the groundsmans cat was defintely there too

I'm critical of Karanka and I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself, because I think he's a very capable manager that has wasted a lot of money and opportunity. I think he's vastly underachieved. If I didn't rate him or if i had some kind of issue with him, I'd just come out and say it. Don't worry about that.

I'm all about he club. Not Karanka. That press conference served no purpose other Ham to benefit himself. It did not benefit the club, the squad of players or the cause in any positive way. I'm pro-Boro and by and large Karanka is good for the club but when he starts driving wedges between fans and the club, I have to question whether he's a positive influence.

How's he wasted money its clear as day he has nothing to do with negotiations he might identify players he wants but he doesn't always get them and there's players that get signed he hasn't choose but agrees to like we can get Rhodes but not Ross McCormack