• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like him? Interesting assumption. I think he underachieves. There's a difference.

Anyway I'll tell you what's wrong with it:

1. Rank bad man management. How can his squad think he has 100% faith in them when he's asked if his current squad are good enough to get through the season he comments like, "with this group of players all I can do is trust and believe."

2. Dismissing new signings. He told the TV cameras the team hasn't been improved.What must Gestede and Bamford think hearing those comments?

3. Further divisive comments. Strength in unity. Slamming your chairman, CEO, scouts in the media is hardly conducive to a healthy working environment. He's been given more support than he's deserved at times during his tenure and to take a swipe at the very people who have had his back from day one leaves a bitter taste.

4. Loss of control. A press conference like that demonstrates a lack of control. What positive is there to take from it? Are the back room staff going to put more effort in? No of course they're not. Are the players going to feel empowered going on to West Brown after these comments? Bit particularly. The comments served no purpose other than to vent his frustrations.

His job is to manage and get the best out his own squad of players not absolve him self of blame at any opportunity.

In reply to your comments in order:

1. Why would you want him to sugar coat it? If he or we for that matter thought the squad was good enough then he wouldn't have been asking for players all month. What makes that suddenly change? You're being incredibly hypocritical.

2. This comment from you really does take the biscuit. Only a few days ago you said the exact same thing that Karanka has, yet you criticise him for saying it? Hypocrisy. This is exactly why Uwe and others have said you clearly don't like him, and I'd agree, you have said the exact same things that he said to the press yesterday about not being stronger (in fact I think you actually said we're weaker).

3. Could you provide quotes of where he has slammed the chairman, CEO and scouts to the media? That's the kind of sensationalist drivel I'd expect from the daily mirror, not a clearly educated football fan like yourself.

4. You were told yesterday by a sports psychologist that in his opinion there was no signs of loss of control. The comments served the purpose to send a message to both the fans and the backroom transfer staff that this window hasn't been good enough, you agree that it hasn't been good enough so I don't know how you have the gall to criticise a man who is under pressure saying exactly what the fans are thinking.

I don't like him? Interesting assumption. I think he underachieves. There's a difference.

Anyway I'll tell you what's wrong with it:

1. Rank bad man management. How can his squad think he has 100% faith in them when he's asked if his current squad are good enough to get through the season he comments like, "with this group of players all I can do is trust and believe."

2. Dismissing new signings. He told the TV cameras the team hasn't been improved.What must Gestede and Bamford think hearing those comments?

3. Further divisive comments. Strength in unity. Slamming your chairman, CEO, scouts in the media is hardly conducive to a healthy working environment. He's been given more support than he's deserved at times during his tenure and to take a swipe at the very people who have had his back from day one leaves a bitter taste.

4. Loss of control. A press conference like that demonstrates a lack of control. What positive is there to take from it? Are the back room staff going to put more effort in? No of course they're not. Are the players going to feel empowered going on to West Brown after these comments? Bit particularly. The comments served no purpose other than to vent his frustrations.

How to took all that from his interview say you don't like him to me. As you've managed to interpret it in the most negative and sensationalist way possible

It was by no means a great interview but all I took from it was he's frustrated as hell and prefer to concentrate on tonight's game. But that's maybe because I like the guy.

I certainly didn't see or hearing him 'slamming' anyone and I thought he explained why Paddy and Gestede aren't quite there yet.

As for the back room staff I'm not sure what work environment you have but with me, we have fall outs all the time but are professional and still do our jobs the best we can at all times not just down tools when someone says something we don't like

Have you watched the Gazette video regarding their views on the press conference? Have watch and let me know if you think they dislike Karanka too.

I know this for a fact, Tallantire & Shaw can't stand him.

Doesn't surprise me at all to hear that.

What ever happens now tho which ever player comes in hes probably not going to a Karanka signing and will he get the same treatment that others have.

I don't believe the notion that AK has little or no influence on signings, I think if he had limited or no control over who we sign, he'd have left a long time ago.

All he had to say was ''I am disappointed that we have not managed to attract the players that we identified to improve the team in certain areas, but I am still confident that this squad of players is good enough to compete in this division'. Instead he has managed to put further wedges between himself and other club employees. I do not get this 'honesty' thing, just ametuerish media management from a stressed out guy getting ready to walk.

1 - We haven't strengthened; at least not in the short term. Gestede may come good, Paddy needs time to find his feet again - but in the short term we cannot rely on either to turn around our fortunes. Our main targets would have ensured an instant increase in quality - but they just weren't to be.

2 - By the sounds of it, we haven't even been able to get players into the club to negotiate. That's eternally disappointing. AK certainly can't be blamed for that, and whilst it could be placed on Gibson/Bauser's door, that too would be unfair as its been widely documented why we've not landed our main targets. That does not mean we haven't worked overtime to try and get them - but for several reasons we've been left disappointed.

3 - Just because we don't know any concrete names doesn't mean targets aren't still being worked on.

4 - if we were told this league position is what we'd have approaching February and were offered it last summer, I think any Boro fan with realistic expectations wouldn't have been too downhearted about it.

5 - At least we're not just signing dross like Hull, Palace and Sunderland seem to be.

Let's see what today brings. We'll all be disappointed if nothing comes of it, but this is real life and not Football Manager; signings are difficult to get over he line, and January is a bloody *** storm. But I still feel that, even without improvements in personnel, there's at least three teams worse off than we are for the latter part of the season.

Maybe AK really is out of F***s to give? The fact he is emotional to the point of jeapordising his future shows he cares, maybe he thinks some dont care as much? If we are to believe the popular theory that Gaston wants to go because of footballing reasons (same football we played last season) then its fair to assuming its our attack. Subotic was apparently a nailed on transfer this January yet he hasn't been mentioned and AK has focused solely on attacking improvement, The result, our most creative attacker wants out, no one wants in - yet he has to turn us into Barcelona in attack to appease the boo boys - my Gran had a saying 'you can't turn a sows ear into a silk purse' so what is he meant to say and do? I'm sure he was building a team which A. would survive. B. over the seasons build it into a decent possible Europe chasing side. But he is getting his hands tied, criticized from every angle and not much credit for what he has actually achieved, which by his comments of late is abundantly clear. We have unity in our team and it shows, they want to win and hes trying to find a way to win with what he has got. He got Negredo and Valdes to come - he also got Gaston to come although thats went wonky. My worry is that we need him more than he needs us and I truly believe he could one day be a top level manager - look at Porto when Jose was winning everything, no big names, ground out results, the style of play criticised but Jose did what he had to do with what he had - AK has learnt from him, he is massively respected and wanted in Spain and hes right about the 'Johnny come lately' boo boys who first showed their heads at the promotion game last season, hes right about needing more players to play the way he and the fans want us to play, hes right to be frustrated and annoyed - I bet he wants to punch Gaston to be honest, what on earth has the recruitment team been doing? To get the players we want we were always going to have to pay over the odds at this stage of the season, as if Stoke were going to lend us a player like Bojan or Hull sell us their best player just like that - we *** about looking to beg borrow and steal when we should have just hit hard and fast get them signed, get them bedded in and get cracking with the job at hand - an extra couple of mil here and there is better than relegation - what happened to the 140 mil we were getting for promotion? A penny of prevention is worth a pound of cure (me gran again) and yes they will blame AK, so where he is wrong in what he said I don't know - should he have said it? Maybe - maybe not, what reaction will it get? We will find out tonight. But all great managers have walked tightropes in verbal outbursts - maybe we are just not used to having a manager of that calibre ? Im past caring, the window is always the same yet people seem to think that for some reason we will change our dithering 'stretch it out' attitude' that fails us every time - learning from past mistakes is obviously something other people do.

Holy crap, excellent post. I'll +1 you when I'm not on my phone.

What ever happens now tho which ever player comes in hes probably not going to a Karanka signing and will he get the same treatment that others have.

I don't believe the notion that AK has little or no influence on signings, I think if he had limited or no control over who we sign, he'd have left a long time ago.

I would imagine that AK meets with the scouting team and outlines where the team needs strengthening, the scouts will then act on his instructions.

I also think that players become available that the scouts think might be worth signing (I think that happened with Gestede). I imagine the board/scouting dept. may have asked AK if he wants the available player and AK would have said yes, as long as I can still sign a couple of wingers.

I imagine if this was the case and then the team didn't sign the 2 wingers, maybe for financial reasons or maybe because the club couldn't get players out of the door so that they could put in a larger bid, AK would be left frustrated.

Just my take on it, I have no inside info.

Yeah of course he says he has the final say of who comes but it might be a player that gets put across to him rather than someone he's identified.

Okay I'm going to weigh in with my thoughts on this window so far.

Firstly, I sympathise with Karanka. He has identified that we need more attacking players bringing in, and currently that doesn't look like it's going to happen. On top of this, our performances over the last few months have been dire.

Now, whilst the transfers are out of his control, the team certainly isn't. He has played the same formation throughout this season with no changes. For example, Negredo playing when clearly not in form. Whilst I appreciate that he only has a few cards to play, you cannot deny that a lot of fans are annoyed with Karanka over the treatment of Rhodes. We are desperately short for goals, and because he didn't want him, Rhodes doesn't play. That in my opinion is bad management.

Whilst we have struggled on the pitch, what have we gained to lose by playing Rhodes in a different system? Can it really have been any worse that what we have? No.

The lack of goals scored has made us boring to watch and we are lucky that we are in the position we are (only because 4 teams are worse than us, somehow). Whilst we've been playing bad, could this potentially have a knock on effect to transfers? Players not wanting to come to us because of our style of play?

Perhaps if we'd have mixed it up from time to time wed be higher up in the table?

On top of this, the comments that Karanka made last week and now yesterday are insulting. After watching the dross that we've played this season, we have every right to want the team to attack. Get off your high horse Aitor. Yesterday I can see why he would say that, but it doesn't make his comments right.

He's on thin ice and risks alienating the fans. But he holds his hands up like he is blameless, but if you look at it, alot of the issues come from him.