oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Orta and our scouts will surely have been snaking through Europe looking for the best players/prices in January. Those with 6 months remaining on their contract will force their clubs hand so them players on the Gazette's list will make a lot of sense.

Nsue will only have 6 months left on his contract so I can see us cashing in on him as he'll surely attract plenty of Championship interest. A replacement RB will surely be on our radar.

We could do with streamlining the squad a little bit as we've got the likes of Dimi/Meijas, Husband, De Sart and de Pena who aren't anywhere the first team.

What list?

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-january-transfer-window-27-12172790

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruma and Paul-Georges Ntep have both been linked with moves to the premier league in January. I'd like to see us go for one of these to add some pace to our left hand side.

Never heard of the Ntep fella, but looking at his profile on transfermarkt he looks very interesting. Probably one for the bigger clubs anyway.

Not many players on that Gazette list excites me though. They almost lost my interest at firat when they started off with Charlie Adam as the first name :dodgy:

The only position I think we NEED to strengthen come Jan is still that troublesome left wing slot. Downing has been average at best, offers next to nothing going forward and is nothing special defensively. 

No idea who we could get as my knowledge of foreign markets is poor but I'd love to see us go and get a real proven quality signing here. Its not like we blew our load in the summer so there should be plenty of cash kicking around.

Downing has been one of our best players this season. Fisher can't get a game due to his form and Ramirez has also played there, so I don't see what another left winger will do to help

The only position I think we NEED to strengthen come Jan is still that troublesome left wing slot. Downing has been average at best, offers next to nothing going forward and is nothing special defensively. 

No idea who we could get as my knowledge of foreign markets is poor but I'd love to see us go and get a real proven quality signing here. Its not like we blew our load in the summer so there should be plenty of cash kicking around.

Downing has been one of our best players this season. Fisher can't get a game due to his form and Ramirez has also played there, so I don't see what another left winger will do to help

I think with regard to Downing he's having a steady season so far, never really done anything wrong but done nothing outstanding or spectacular either.

I think with regard to Downing he's having a steady season so far, never really done anything wrong but done nothing outstanding or spectacular either.

i dont like downing, he must be a dream to mark, never causes defenders a problem anymore. they must get a lift playig agaist a lad who wont run at them.

People want Downing to pick the ball up in our half, go past everyone and win the the game. (Certainly last season) Because he doesn't do that he's ***. That's the way I see most of the criticism of Stewy.

This season he's been one of our best players.

People want Downing to pick the ball up in our half, go past everyone and win the the game. (Certainly last season) Because he doesn't do that he's ***. That's the way I see most of the criticism of Stewy.

This season he's  been one of our best players.

Yep. And with Grant out of the team we have the need for someone who is calm on the ball and keeps the ball within our ranks. We all know he isn't a lightning winger ala Traore, and he needs to be judged on the role the manager gives him. Everyone in the team is being given personal instructions and Stewies instructions are obviously to make sure we keep the ball in our ranks, be a viable outlet and try to pick out a teammate. I have no doubt that AK is looking at options in the market, but as it is he is using Downing in a certain way and it's unfair to judge Downing on something he is not.

i dont like downing, he must be a dream to mark, never causes defenders a problem anymore. they must get a lift playig agaist a lad who wont run at them.

Your certainly not on your own with that opinion on Downing,like I said steady away but certainly not a player who influences a game. Its not a case of people being a Downing hater its just fans expect a bit more.

Your certainly not on your own with that opinion on Downing,like I said steady away but certainly not a player who influences a game. Its not a case of people being a Downing hater its just fans expect a bit more.

You guys watch a different game to me.

But that's the beauty of football Matt. Me and you could sit together watching the same game but see different things

Downing as I said has had a steady season, done nothing wrong but if he's majorly influenced any games I've yet to see it, steady yes outstanding/excellent not for me.

He's a million times better than he was last year.

I still don't know if I'd call his season excellent but he's serviceable on the left.

I'd still agree that it's probably our biggest weakness right now though (that and a good back up #10 for the days Ramirez is suspended/off form/injured)