oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

@GraemeBailey

Don't panic Mr Karanka, don't panic Mr Karanka - we have got you a player... Adlene Guedioura. Oh dear.

"PR*CK"

couldn't have put it better myself.

I actually don't think Guedioura would be a good signing. I hope the club don't waste their money on him.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

@GraemeBailey

Don't panic Mr Karanka, don't panic Mr Karanka - we have got you a player... Adlene Guedioura. Oh dear.

"PR*CK"

I actually don't think Guedioura would be a good signing. I hope the club don't waste their money on him.

Agreed 3 goals since 2013 would certainly be a desperation signing in my book

Fee+ ulloa for Ramirez? Ulloa just wants to be playing.

Don't know much about him but seems to be sensible option under the Circs.

Don't see how Ulloa would fit in our team. Strikers arent the issue at the moment, the creativity however is.

Ulloa would just be like another version of Gestede surely?

I think it's fair to say that theres not much more happening at our end signing wise. Interested to know what AK was doing there earlier this morning. Potential deal that fell through perhaps? Spanish contacts offering us players maybe? Just seems like we've royally ballsed this up. Relegation and managerial strife look a looming possibility :(

@GraemeBailey

"PR*CK"

I would love us to pull off a real coup for some big name for a decent amount. 1 to get the fans excited and 2. To shut that w**ker bailey up.

I think it's fair to say that theres not much more happening at our end signing wise. Interested to know what AK was doing there earlier this morning. Potential deal that fell through perhaps? Spanish contacts offering us players maybe? Just seems like we've royally ballsed this up. Relegation and managerial strife look a looming possibility :(

maybe, or maybe SG called him in to mark his card.

know absolutely nothing about him but Kiyotake from Sevilla available for loan  ,

attacking midfielder can operate either side and japan international.

Orta should know all about him, but I'm beginning to wonder if Victor may just be a fictional character.

I'd just like anyone in that is better than what we have.

Others are beginning to touch on the subject but perhaps we should consider that SG is not going to sanction anything at all at this time because maybe AK's days are truly numbered and he does not want to lumber a new manager with players he might not want. Wipe the slate clean and allow a new man to identify what he wants to work with for the next season and for whatever league we will be in

I refuse to accept that there isn't wingers available in Europe that would improve us. Do your *** jobs.

Agree with this. A lack of players out there is not the problem. However, the cost of players at this stage is a problem. Especially when buying from the PL.

We have solid reliable players in our defence and midfield. So we don't need to bring in a 'safe' option in attack. The likes of Traore, Bamford, Stuani, Downing, maybe Fischer, maybe Ramirez - they have the potential 'to do a job' until the end of the season. So bringing in someone with a bit of flair for a few months who might 'do a De Pena' wouldn't be the end of the world. If we've genuinely exhausted our list of true top targets, then we don't need to risk bringing in a player on a permanent deal. If it doesn't work out, we offload them at the end of the season and then readdress in the summer.

At this point, maybe one safe PL loan (Jay Rodriguez, Young, maybe even Lennon) would do nicely. But if we can't get em, try our luck abroad. Why not.

maybe, or maybe SG called him in to mark his card.

On today of all days, I think that would be a big mistake on Gibson's part. There's nothing like throwing fuel on an already raging fire.