oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

One might well ask why we would want to allow Ramirez to go to a relegation rival?

That's a good point actually. I did overlook that a bit. Leicester are definitely right in the mixer.

Hmm. Could make a very valid case that we keep him, let him play in the reserves if he genuinely doesn't show the commitment we need and refuse to strengthen a rival until the summer.

You'd also have to worry about AK if Ramirez is sold. He's already right on the edge. Don't buy into the premise that AK is likely to leave anytime soon. I like his passion but emotionally he's definitely a ticking time bomb, which is a bit concerning.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't say that the current squad isn't good enough, nor did he say that about Gestede or Bamford. He gave pretty detailed explanations of why Gestede and Bamford individually aren't huge improvements, which many including yourself said on here. But you carry on.

It amazes me that he's echoing things that you and others have said on this forum and yet you are picking fault and trying to criticise him for it. I'm sorry for implying that you were lying but when you are criticising someone for saying something that you yourself have said it's hard to come to any other conclusion to be honest mate.

There's a world of difference between a fan making a comment or comments like these and the manager.  The manager has to work with those players, the fan doesn't.  I think the criticism isn't that he holds those views, it's that he's expressed them publicly.

Others are beginning to touch on the subject but perhaps we should consider that SG is not going to sanction anything at all at this time because maybe AK's days are truly numbered and he does not want to lumber a new manager with players he might not want. Wipe the slate clean and allow a new man to identify what he wants to work with for the next season and for whatever league we will be in

Surely, SG would've sacked Karanka in the beginning of January then. We spent 7 years in the Championship, I honestly doubt SG would forfeit us to the Championship based on allowing a new manager to bring his own players in come summer.

Others are beginning to touch on the subject but perhaps we should consider that SG is not going to sanction anything at all at this time because maybe AK's days are truly numbered and he does not want to lumber a new manager with players he might not want. Wipe the slate clean and allow a new man to identify what he wants to work with for the next season and for whatever league we will be in

If that's the case he should've got rid of him before January and given a new manager a window.

At the moment it's like he's unsure whether to back AK and by not supporting him he's making AK's job of convincing him even harder. It's not AK's fault we came out of the summer transfer window without sufficient options, it's the recruitment teams fault. It's not AK's fault that this window has been a *** tip, it's the recruitments teams fault.

He didn't say that the current squad isn't good enough, nor did he say that about Gestede or Bamford. He gave pretty detailed explanations of why Gestede and Bamford individually aren't huge improvements, which many including yourself said on here. But you carry on.

It amazes me that he's echoing things that you and others have said on this forum and yet you are picking fault and trying to criticise him for it. I'm sorry for implying that you were lying but when you are criticising someone for saying something that you yourself have said it's hard to come to any other conclusion to be honest mate.

There's a world of difference between a fan making a comment or comments like these and the manager.  The manager has to work with those players, the fan doesn't.  I think the criticism isn't that he holds those views, it's that he's expressed them publicly.

I understand that, it just seems quite hypocritical. And naive to think that players would listen to what he says to the press over what he says to them in training every day.

I think it's fair to say that theres not much more happening at our end signing wise. Interested to know what AK was doing there earlier this morning. Potential deal that fell through perhaps? Spanish contacts offering us players maybe? Just seems like we've royally ballsed this up. Relegation and managerial strife look a looming possibility :(

maybe, or maybe SG called him in to mark his card.

On today of all days, I think that would be a big mistake on Gibson's part. There's nothing like throwing fuel on an already raging fire.

or he could have been checking Lamby's fax machine

Whats going on with Pedro Silva Torrejon?, have we signed him onloan from what i understand hes a very attackive left back who could play lw at a push. Might be a move to get goals from lb position like Van Aanholt use to do at sunderland.

I just accidentally clicked on a link that took me to a site called snap***... With a woman fingering herself.... Wtfs that all about???

Yeah it's bloody annoying when that happens!  I accidentally clicked on it 50 times yesterday.

I understand that, it just seems quite hypocritical. And naive to think that players would listen to what he says to the press over what he says to them in training every day.

Will, equally maybe it could be naive to think that it couldn't possibly have an impact on the players. I get what you're saying, that AK can explain what he means/meant to the players in private. However, if they do read/hear that he's saying that in public, it could certainly be irksome.

I guess it depends on the personalities of the players involved, and the relationship they have with AK behind the scenes. Those factors we don't know.

Jesus the media really are going overboard on Karankas mood aren't they. Latest Sky is "club try to bring in attacker to keep Karanka happy". Every headline seems to highlight his mood some way or the other.

If its deliberate from Karanka to deflect focus from our players and the game tonight then he has outdone Mourinho. Noone is writing about how big this game is and piling pressure on the players to perform tonight. All attention is on the manager and not at all on the players.