oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Henry's verdict on Guedioura - 'he's a soldier, you know what you're going to get from him, never great, never bad, always a solid 6 out of 10'.

Sums him up nicely. Not saying he will do badly for us. But I'm not impressed with the potential signing. Part of me wants him to go to Hull, as I don't see him as an improvement of the 4 CM's we already have. Though, playing 3, you could make the case that we need 5 in the squad.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are signing him, then we're sticking to 433. I'm not against it, think he'd add a bit more going forward from CM than what we have there now.

We would still need to sign a winger though. We need at least one more in after him.

Well no on is saying its one or he other... If we didn't bring in Guediora, it wouldn't make any difference to our chase for a winger.

If we are signing him, then we're sticking to 433. I'm not against it, think he'd add a bit more going forward from CM than what we have there now.

We would still need to sign a winger though. We need at least one more in after him.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want a winger too or that we don't need one. Just saying I'd be happy with us signing him. He would add a bit going forward in the middle of the park which we are lacking. Also got a hell of a shot in him.

Don't know *** all about him but to me this would really underwhelming to sign a 31 year old when we have been linked with the players that we have and I'm usually optimistic

I understand that, it just seems quite hypocritical. And naive to think that players would listen to what he says to the press over what he says to them in training every day.

It's not hypocritical because their respective situations are completely different.  I can think a player is rubbish and say it and it doesn't matter.  If Karanka says the same thing then it's a completely different story.  

If players don't listen to what their managers say in the press/media then why don't manager criticise their own players in the press?  It rarely if ever happens because footballers absolutely pay attention to what is said about them.

Lazar Markovic would've been a great signing at this rate

You mean the attacker that has done nothing for the last 2,5 years? 7 goals and 4 assists in that period and that includes the Turkish and Portuguese league cup. He is not good enough for the Prem and I doubt he would have made a difference here in the short run. He might become good as he is still young hence I would have taken him on a permanent but a short term loan I can't see him doing much.

That was basically what I wanted to say. If we are going to play 4-3-3 for the rest of the season and AK won't play Downing there because he is too lightweight, I can understand why we are bringing another player in. At least he knows the league.

Ramirez was never going to play today regardless unless Karanka really isn't thinking clearly. He hasn't played for a month and he's been back in training for 2 days I think Karanka said? Not only that but he doesn't want to be here and it's transfer deadline day so just how focused would he be? I thought that Karanka said the physio had told him he couldn't play? Maybe Bausor told the physio to say that but I'd assumed it was Ramirez himself who had said it? Either way, I don't believe Karanka would have picked him tonight, bench at best and that's only if he's desperate.

Really hope Hull get this one.

Surely there's a good player we can get from the Portuguese league we have been looking for some time

I was thinking this the other day, if Wolves can do it why not us? Get Mendes on the phone

I'm trying to put this in a way that hopefully won't be misconstrued. I'd rather we sacked Karanka today than wasted time and money on players to placate him that we really don't want or need.

Ramirez was never going to play today regardless unless Karanka really isn't thinking clearly.  He hasn't played for a month and he's been back in training for 2 days I think Karanka said?  Not only that but he doesn't want to be here and it's transfer deadline day so just how focused would he be?  I thought that Karanka said the physio had told him he couldn't play?  Maybe Bausor told the physio to say that but I'd assumed it was Ramirez himself who had said it?  Either way, I don't believe Karanka would have picked him tonight, bench at best and that's only if he's desperate.

He was asked if Ramirez would've been starting tonight and he said 'No'. He was then asked if he would've been in the squad and he said "Yes".

This was yesterday, I believe.