oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Whats going on with Pedro Silva Torrejon?, have we signed him onloan from what i understand hes a very attackive left back who could play lw at a push. Might be a move to get goals from lb position like Van Aanholt use to do at sunderland.

He's the young lad isn't he. He will go into the u23s

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to put this in a way that hopefully won't be misconstrued.  I'd rather we sacked Karanka today than wasted time and money on players to placate him that we really don't want or need.

You know best, thanks for your advice.

:)

Just post something relevant or worth reading once.  I dare you.

Well I'd hope that's not the reason we'd make any signings to be honest. That line seems to have come from the Sky correspondent at rockliffe today and to me it seems like a bit of a cop out to me.

I think there's possibly some truth to it especially if we're seriously looking at a player such as Guedioura.  There's no way he has been part of our planning or whatever, I just don't believe that.

How is De Sart getting on at Derby? I heard he had a good first game, not heard anything since. Anyone know? Capable of stepping up to PL standards next year?

Exelent first game. Subbed off at half time second. Needs a good few game run I'd say

I'm trying to put this in a way that hopefully won't be misconstrued.  I'd rather we sacked Karanka today than wasted time and money on players to placate him that we really don't want or need.

I've got to say I agree. If we bring in a player who is likely to start 10 games between now and the end of the season, fair enough. If we bring in a player just to have an extra body in the squad, it's utterly pointless.

Edit: But Will is right in that it's just a line from Sky to keep the 'Karanka in crisis' story ticking along.

I personally think Guedioura is a canny signing this late in the day if we are sticking with 433. But a left winger is still priority number one for me and we certainly shouldn't be scurrying about the whoopsie isle looking for recruits.

Is that isle in Tesco or Asda I can't find it

You know best, thanks for your advice.

:)

Just post something relevant or worth reading once.  I dare you.

No I dare not  :huh:

I've got to say I agree. If we bring in a player who is likely to start 10 games between now and the end of the season, fair enough. If we bring in a player just to have an extra body in the squad, it's utterly pointless.

We won't need to sack him, he will walk. I was hounded yesterday for suggesting we will be panic buying today for the sake of it and this Watford player is exactly that. No strategy whatsoever. I bet he was definitely not on the shopping list Karanka put forward before the Transfer Window.

This move isn't going to placate Karanka, spending 15m on a decent player from out of nowhere would placate Karanka... and us.

Karanka is probably thinking exactly the same as us about this potential transfer which is WTF? He just has the added bonus of being questioned about why he isn't playing him when the club bought him for AK.