• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to put this in a way that hopefully won't be misconstrued.  I'd rather we sacked Karanka today than wasted time and money on players to placate him that we really don't want or need.

I've got to say I agree. If we bring in a player who is likely to start 10 games between now and the end of the season, fair enough. If we bring in a player just to have an extra body in the squad, it's utterly pointless.

We won't need to sack him, he will walk. I was hounded yesterday for suggesting we will be panic buying today for the sake of it and this Watford player is exactly that. No strategy whatsoever. I bet he was definitely not on the shopping list Karanka put forward before the Transfer Window.

What is the matter with you, what has A.K done so wrong and what you say so Right?

I'm missing something here, what has KM said so wrong?

1- If it comes to it there is a higher chance AK will walk rather than be sacked - true

2- no strategy with the Watford target - questionable, and majority of people saying it's a Championship target

3- Wouldn't have been on AK target list at the start of this window - very possibly true!

Have to agree, especially with point 2. Look at the calibre of player that we were trying to sign (Jese, Bojan, Deulofeu). They're all young, up and coming, potentially world class players. Guedioura is 31 and made 1 assist this season. Plus he plays mostly CM, whereas the others have been much more attacking. It's hardly in keeping with the likes of Jese, Bojan or Deulofeu.

Edit: Okay, I thought Bojan was 24 and he's actually 26, but I think the point it still valid.

Wasn't somebody on here desperate for us to sign Guedioura a few windows ago?

Seems like a solid addition if we get him if not spectacular. Does show that we are in for players and these things can come out of the blue though.

He was a couple of years younger and we were in the Championship though mate.  His record is actually really average even in the Championship to be honest.

I'd take Tom Ince, there is a good player in there. Young, potential and AK could hopefully coach him up. We could do a lot worse than Tom Ince

Yeh, we could get nobody.

I'd take Tom Ince, there is a good player in there. Young, potential and AK could hopefully coach him up. We could do a lot worse than Tom Ince

What do you mean Will? If we go for him its because someone way more qualified than you has suggested he could do a job.

Or does that only count towards signings you agree with?  :) :) :)

What do you mean Will? If we go for him its because someone way more qualified than you has suggested he could do a job.

Or they're signing him because they feel they need to sign someone and he's available.

I'm trying to put this in a way that hopefully won't be misconstrued.  I'd rather we sacked Karanka today than wasted time and money on players to placate him that we really don't want or need.

I've got to say I agree. If we bring in a player who is likely to start 10 games between now and the end of the season, fair enough. If we bring in a player just to have an extra body in the squad, it's utterly pointless.

We won't need to sack him, he will walk. I was hounded yesterday for suggesting we will be panic buying today for the sake of it and this Watford player is exactly that. No strategy whatsoever. I bet he was definitely not on the shopping list Karanka put forward before the Transfer Window.

What is the matter with you, what has A.K done so wrong and what you say so Right?

CT - here is your proof - Totally agree with Gephind here

Proof of what?  KM has said Karanka might walk because he's unhappy.  He isn't being critical of Karanka in the slightest.  Gephind has misunderstood KM's post completely and clearly so have you. Well done, you've certainly proven something.

Or they're signing him because they feel they need to sign someone and he's available.

As much as I don't want to admit it, I think this is more likely. Signing Ince or Guedioura after being linked with Jese and Deulofeu would be straight up disappointing.

It counts towards signings that actually have some clear thinking behind them.

If we sign him it's because we're in a blind panic and are letting that blind our judgement. Although it seems our scouting teams judgment is bloody *** anyway

Fair point but I'd respond saying people way more qualified than us have also forced us to be clambering for any old player. I very much doubt Tom Ince was on any list associated with players we actually feel would improve us as much as we need to be improved.