oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

I'd love to hear Jordan Rhodes give an explanation about what happened here, he has been a model pro in the last year and i'm pleased for him that he's getting a move to a club that will treat him with a bit more respect.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted with Rhodes leaving, but fully understand the reasons behind him being sold. No point having him there when he's not getting played.

Interestingly like Billy said, that would indicate that Karanka will be staying won't it?

realistic view of the transfer window

Players who were'nt getting a game have left

Players that will get a game (well more than those that have left) have joined

We went after some targets but the players chose other options or the selling club refused to do with business with us as we are their competition.

Not great, but we did sign a hell of a lot players in the summer.

Will it be good enough to stay above the teams lower than us? possibly, let's wait and see.

As a bald man I don't have any hair to pull out, so I'm just going to crack on and support the team and see what happens.

It's clearly not about money I'll say that we've had 2 big bids pretty much confirmed in the press, 12 million for Bojan which the player disagreed with and wanted a loan and 10 million for Snodgrass. Problem seems to no one stopped a week ago and said right Bojan wants loan Stoke say no loan pay 12 mill, Jese agitating hard for move to hometown club and Snodgrass identified by WHU as Payet replacement... Maybe we should move on.

Day of the Bojan move to Mainz the story broke about our sudden interest in Tom Cairney and bid some people might say that's how transfers work you wait until there's 0% chance they can join to me it looks like we're chasing things in a tunnel vision manner that has become a theme of our transfer policy on some people it worked other times it leaves us scrambling and playing catch up cut and paste to every transfer thread for the past 2-3 years gives you an idea that this isn't 'bad luck' it's our own strategy.

I mean this in the nicest possible way but I really hope JR has a car crash on his way to sheffield, and recovers in time to start next season in the championship, wearing a boro shirt... UTB

Couldn't agree personal terms would be kinder ;)

Fair point!

Let's all let this sink in. We're crying out for goals and we've just sold Rhodes and replaced him with Gestede.

Seriously man, what the *** are we doing.

It's not our strikers that are the problem, it's the supply. That's why we were after a couple of creative players.

Let's all let this sink in. We're crying out for goals and we've just sold Rhodes and replaced him with Gestede.

Seriously man, what the *** are we doing.

It's not our strikers that are the problem, it's the supply. That's why we were after a couple of creative players.

Such as Guedioura  :D