• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing day. Only time will tell if Ramirez will now perform the way we'd hope and if AG [not gunna lie, can't spell his name] will be the link we need between midfield and attack.

Still think we'll survive, just. And before anyone says otherwise, I'm definitely right.

Give him a game. If his attitude stinks revert to 2 up top with Gestede and play route one. Anything to stay up

But if we do stay up it is all down to AK. The board/recruitment team have not helped him out one bit. I love Gibson and this club wouldn't be where we are without him. But I can't help but feel he's pulled the wool over our eyes a bit. All this noise about giving it a proper go.

We've known for months and months what we needed and we've failed miserably in the window to address the key issues of lack of creativity and pace. Whether we found lots of targets and no-one was interested or we've only concentrated on a few, who's to say but it would suggest the recruitment team or the board is to blame here. I'd rather we took some chances on loans or smaller targets from abroad but alas, it wasn't to be.

As you say, if we stay up it's down to Karanka because he's been given a crap squad for the Premier League.

So in the end we have bought a striker who could not get into a Championship team and another who cannot get a game in the Premiership, oh and someone I have not heard of to fill a problem we have not got. Brilliant I am going to bed and hope that in the morning it will all have been a bad dream.?

Okay, for those who are saying they don't know why we've signed him. I'll happily give my own view on Guedioura.

I was a fan of Guedioura back when he was at Wolves, Forest and lesser so at Palace. Reason being he's a bloody hard worker - covers every blade of grass. He's a hard tackling CM who breaks up play well and is constantly looking to play the ball forward once he wins back possession. He continued this when he went on loan to Watford.

Since he signed though, Guedioura has only started 12 games, making 18 substitute appearances. He's never really had a sustained run of games in the Premiership to prove if he can recreate the form he showed in the Championship which.

He won't contribute a ton of goals. He mightn't even contribute a ton of assists. But what he does do is break up opposition play and look to launch attacks immediately from that - and my guess is that AK and the coaching team see that as an opportunity to make extra use of Traore's blistering pace and ability to launch Counter Attacks.

As I said - he's not a diamond signing; not a Deulofeu, a Bojan, Snodgrass or Jese. But he offers a different balance to our Central Midfielders - especially if we continue with the 4-3-3 - and we've all been very vocal about needing a shake up there. He's not the exciting, attacking midfielder we all craved, but he does offer us something which could sure up our system and better utilise our current crop of players.

"We're going to have a real go" said Steve Gibson!

He now needs to come out and explain why he changed his mind

To be fair we had a go in the summer and we've made three signings in January, for whatever reason the big names couldn't be signed. This team is good enough to stay up, we go again in the summer hopefully!

Is it though?

We only need one or two teams to get better and we're in trouble, and Swansea are looking a lot better immediately.

I personally think so. We haven't been in the relegation zone all season and who's to say we won't get a lucky result against a big team? What if we beat Tottenham on Saturday and all of Swansea, Sunderland and Hull etc lose. I'm worried about slipping down too and I can see typical Boro going into the bottom three for the first time on the last day but I reckon we can do it!

Reasons to be positive..

- We kept hold of Gaston

- Traore is getting better as each game passes

- Whilst I accept Guedioura is not a winger, what I have seen from him is that he is big and strong and good at linking defence to attack

We need to do everything we can to get Ramirez's head right because we are screwed without him.

The fans need to play a part as well it's no good booing him, we need to get behind him now and get him back on form.

IF Gaston plays even only as consistently as he has in the first half of the season and Traore plays as he has the last 2 league games against West Ham and West Brom we are still better than Hull Sunderland and Swansea. Hull and Swansea still riding the new manager wave, wait till they get smashed by someone, we should be alright.

So in the end we have bought a striker who could not get into a Championship team and another who cannot get a game in the Premiership, oh and someone I have not heard of to fill a problem we have not got. Brilliant I am going to bed and hope that in the morning it will all have been a bad dream.?

Of course we have a problem in midfield. We play three central midfielders but none of them create anything. For all his passing Forshaw creates absolutely nothing. We couldn't get wingers so instead brought in a central midfielder who is hopefully better at going forward than our usual limited midfielders.