oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

There's very few things I love more than Boro. But Ben Gibson is one of them.

I believe he has the potential to play at the very top, England, champions league the lot. Unfortunately that might be out of Boro's reach. So it's more of a case of when Gibbo leaves us rather than if.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I know most fans get excited after a few exciting performances but I'm not getting too carried away with Traore just yet. He's exciting to watch and gives a huge counter attacking threat to us but there hasn't been an indication of consistent end product from him. If he keeps focused and developing then he will be a key player for us, but a few flashes of excitement from winger who then fails to impress is all too common. Downing has been decent for more than just a few games but gets a steady chunk of criticism because he isn't the exciting "beat his man" winger. He has contributed far more to this season than Traore so far so I find the different views on them interesting. Neither LW and RW are nailed down as not needing strengthening ahead of the January transfer window. Obviously lot depends on whether Traore can maintain his form.

Chelsea would be mad not to monitor Gibson he's taken to the PL as if he's always played there and at 23 still has he's best years in front of him.,

If we couldn't keep hold of Gibson then we don't want to come over greedy start the bidding at £30 mill, good young English CB's don't grow on trees.

We could and should make a fortune off him if we are to decide to sell. As RB said, best years still ahead of him. Can keep improving.

Though I wonder if he'd want to leave or if he'd take to it well. This is his club as much as any fans, you can see it in his game, part of the way he plays is because of the team he's playing for. And he wouldn't be first choice to begin with, whether he should be or not.

Following our impressive performances at ***nal and Man City it feels like we've found our mojo. I'm quietly confident for the Chelsea game. Bumper crowd, worldwide audience, marquee opposition...the players will not need motivating for sure.

These are the occasions we've waited so long for. I'm absolutely loving being back in the big time.

COME ON BORO.

It's all you know isn't it?

We could and should make a fortune off him if we are to decide to sell. As RB said, best years still ahead of him. Can keep improving.

Though I wonder if he'd want to leave or if he'd take to it well. This is his club as much as any fans, you can see it in his game, part of the way he plays is because of the team he's playing for. And he wouldn't be first choice to begin with, whether he should be or not.

I agree with what you say Gibbo is a Boro lad through and through he'll probably find it hard, but the lure of champions league football, playing for a bigger club and the chances of going to a World Cup may sway him but I would hope not.

In my opinion though Southgate got it wrong, Gibbo should have been involved in that Spain friendly at the very least, mind that may have worked in our favour had he been impressive in an England shirt, Chelsea might not be the only club sniffing.

Ithink the next Danish player that will arrive in the premier league will be  copenhagens left back Augustinsson  .he was very good against Liecester recently and has a great future ahea.d  .

id be more than happy if we showed interest .

This, although he is Swedish :P  I touted him in the summer when it looked like he could have been available for aroung 3,5 million pounds. With succes in the Champions League (particularly if Copenhagen progress) they will be looking at twice that amount.

Just to pick up on this again it looks like Augustinsson is on his way to Bremen for around 4,5 as of next summer. Good piece of business for them.

EverythingMFC ‏@EverythingMFC 2 hours ago

Boro have sent scouts to watch Braga midfielder Xeka.

Let's hope no one in the squad is planning on growing their family anytime soon...

Let's hope no one in the squad is planning on growing their family anytime soon...

Meaning?

Meaning?

Meaning his name looks similar to that virus that was in Brazil during the olympics causing birth defects in babies.