oneBoro Forum

whats with burnley!

Looking at their board thread on keane being called up to the england squad, not one jot on gibson. yet on our board we have mentioned him and gibson playing together. We obviously have more respect for opposition teams and players.

i'd also like to add about this talk about them being wonderful at the back. they are dire, conceding chances for fun, hanging on by a thread in most games. they really are riding their luck atm. im pretty confident that this will be their season high point. All downhill for them now. vs palace motd talked about how palace come back from 0-2 down then threw it away and lost 3-2. they are moaning about their lack of praise. well from what i seen palace should have had half a dozen goals and been out of site, yet they are moaning because motd missed off one chance of theirs when 2-0 up. palace battered you!

i cant wait until we play them its practically a guaranteed 3 points for us.

Just because people are annoyed gibson didn't get called doesn't mean keane doesn't deserve the call up. he's been brilliant. Might be a gibson+keane partnership for englands future, that's if stones doesn't improve his defending.

Just because people are annoyed gibson didn't get called doesn't mean keane doesn't deserve the call up. he's been brilliant. Might be a gibson+keane partnership for englands future, that's if stones doesn't improve his defending.

Keane definitely deserves it, but he doesn't deserve it any more than Gibson in my opinion. Both should've been in as there's no chance jagielka will go to the next tournament.

I don't get the outrage. It's probably better for the Boro that they don't get called up anyway. It's nice to have the recognition but very little good has ever come of a Boro player playing for England.

Keane is excellent, Gibson is excellent. Both should have made the squad really, but as others have said, it's probably best for Boro that they don't.

Tom Heaton is the only reason Burnley aren't shipping even more goals; they do tend to give up chances for fun but they have a top 3 keeper (on current form) back there bailing them out time after time.

We'll see if he can keep it up all year - if he can't they'll sink like a stone.

Very harsh on Burnley, they've been superb defensively by and large and have adapted to this division better than we have (recent signs however that we're now finding our feet). I dislike Dyche as much as the next man - he's crass, always looking for a scapegoat or a reason to discredit the achievements of others whilst aggrandising Burnley's (because they're plucky little Burnley & not the market leaders) - but the job he has done with them thus far is superb.

Why would Burnley fans be chatting about Gibson? I get his form has been great, but so has Keane's. I don't see a thread on here dedicated to Michael Keane (except debatably this one) and that's the way it should be, it's not their concern about our player not getting a call up.

not too worried that Gibson hasnt been called up at this particular time tbh.  England are in a bit of a mish mash not really knowing which system, players or manager is the best way forwards at present  Regarding Burnley and Keane as he is a big part in thier defence  you cant begrudge  him his recognition . i just rechecked the stats from thier 4 recent home games in which they picked up 10 points from a poossible 12 despite  some crazy percentages .

Liverpool  .... possession  76%,  shots 26(3) , corners 12(1)

Everton......possession 66%,  shots 21(10) , corners 8(2), Burnleys in brackets(

Man Utd.....possession 72%,  shots 38(7),  corners 19(1)

C Palace.....possession 62%,  shots 16(14)  corners 7(4)

those 10 points will be massive for them but those stats tell you two things 

1.....thier defence and Heaton  deserve all the praise theyre getting and they seem very well drilled at defending corners.

2....Jesus theyre riding thier luck though.

Who the *** cares about Burnley??

Edit - Okay, the little Devil on my shoulder compelled me to post a short, inflammatory statement with no reasoning but the little Angel on my other shoulder has told me that's naughty and I should be ashamed of myself so here goes:

Who cares about Burnley, or rather should care? They're just another bang average team who are trying to consolidate themselves in the Premier League, just like us. They'll fail however, as they always have done.

They've yo-yo'd between the PL and Championship like a cheap whore's knickers. They have a few decent players but the one thing they don't have is the passion and togetherness that our team has.

See, Boro aren't happy to be out of the Premier League, you can see how much it means to the players and the fans when we get a result. Staying up is vital for us but for Burnley they're happy to be a big fish in a little pond should their PL fairytale not have a happy ending.

I hate to say it, but Newcastle are like us, they're desperate to get back into the PL. Burnley are more like Villa.

Plus Sean Dyche is a ginger *** with a massively punchable face.

Very harsh on Burnley, they've been superb defensively by and large and have adapted to this division better than we have (recent signs however that we're now finding our feet). I dislike Dyche as much as the next man - he's crass, always looking for a scapegoat or a reason to discredit the achievements of others whilst aggrandising Burnley's (because they're plucky little Burnley & not the market leaders) - but the job he has done with them thus far is superb.

Why would Burnley fans be chatting about Gibson? I get his form has been great, but so has Keane's. I don't see a thread on here dedicated to Michael Keane (except debatably this one) and that's the way it should be, it's not their concern about our player not getting a call up.

They average nearly 21 shots against a game on average. They average 17 shots against at home (where they're very strong so far but have been riding a lot of luck) and a humungous 27 shots against per game away from home.

TWENTY SEVEN. 

Now, granted, their away games have been against Chelsea, Leicester, Southampton and Man Utd but still.

If anyone is curious, we average 14.6 shots against per game, 13pg at home and 16pg away.

My point is: You can't average 21 shots against per game and expect your defence to hold out the whole season.

Looking at their board thread on keane being called up to the england squad, not one jot on gibson. yet on our board we have mentioned him and gibson playing together. We obviously have more respect for opposition teams and players.

i'd also like to add about this talk about them being wonderful at the back. they are dire, conceding chances for fun, hanging on by a thread in most games. they really are riding their luck atm. im pretty confident that this will be their season high point. All downhill for them now. vs palace motd talked about how palace come back from 0-2 down then threw it away and lost 3-2. they are moaning about their lack of praise. well from what i seen palace should have had half a dozen goals and been out of site, yet they are moaning because motd missed off one chance of theirs when 2-0 up. palace battered you!

i cant wait until we play them its practically a guaranteed 3 points for us.

ahem.. *whistles*

I'm usually super optimistic and positive about our performances.. but. We've really been lucky at times too.

They have a few decent players but the one thing they don't have is the passion and togetherness that our team has.

You haven't seen Burnley much in the past few years, then?  Passion and togetherness is basically the "secret" of our success.