oneBoro Forum

I'd have Clayts man marking Hazard, If we play 3 in midfield, as I suspect we will, Adam will be the man to keep Hazard quiet, we can't sacrifice a defender.

Gibbo will skipper the side.

This.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Hazard drifts inside a lot

I just don't want any confusion about who is marking him when he drifts out of position. He starts on the left so let Barragan be his shadow. Clayton or de roon can then fill in RB if Chelsea go down that way with other players. Man mark him like Pontus Kåmark marked Juninho out of the League Cup final.

You never use a member of your back four to mark a floating midfielder. Ever.

Especially when they have a wing back behind him ready and waiting to exploit any space.

I'd have Clayts man marking Hazard, If we play 3 in midfield, as I suspect we will, Adam will be the man to keep Hazard quiet, we can't sacrifice a defender.

Gibbo will skipper the side.

This.

I don't think Clayton is mobile enough to man mark Hazard for 90 minutes.

Hazard drifts inside a lot

I just don't want any confusion about who is marking him when he drifts out of position. He starts on the left so let Barragan be his shadow. Clayton or de roon can then fill in RB if Chelsea go down that way with other players. Man mark him like Pontus Kåmark marked Juninho out of the League Cup final.

You never use a member of your back four to mark a floating midfielder. Ever.

Especially when they have a wing back behind him ready and waiting to exploit any space.

Well then, I stand corrected. Their wing back dod worry me. It's still important to shut down Hazard. I can go with Clayts as his shadow.

I'd have De Roon doing the man marking job on Hazard. He gets up into people's face and he could wind Hazard up. In his own words, De Roon is 'bit of a d**k to play against'.

Let Clayton and Forshaw play the normal midfield roles.

If we do have any success against Chelsea I can only see it being from set pieces, I don't think offensively in open play we are strong enough to cause them problems.

Traore.

If we do have any success against Chelsea I can only see it being from set pieces, I don't think offensively in open play we are strong enough to cause them problems.

I think we are. Traore can get in behind their attacking wingback and while Luiz has had a decent start he can be pressured into mistakes. Cahill I'm not really fussed about. Ramirez will find it tough against Kante though.

Chelsea are set up well to deal with Traore with their three centre halves. They'll dominate territory which means it's unlikely Traore will receive the ball in dangerous areas (albeit he may have space to run in to). He'll have to run it out from deep and he'll likely have three centre halves to get past.

I think Chelsea will win the league so this is our toughest game so far. I would be happy with a draw and think we will get it at 1-1

No shame in playing a solid shape against the likes of Chelsea as a gung ho attitude is a) Not the way AK has ever set us up and b) Would be madness against the pace they have on the break.

Valdes , Barragan , Friend (hopefully) , Gibson , Chambers , De Roon , Forshaw , Downing , Ramirez , Traore , Negredo would be my shout but wouldn't be surprised to see Clayton added in there with Traore benched.

I don't think anyone will man mark Hazard as that isn't generally how we do things. We're more of a zonal type of defensive team with everyone responsible for their own areas. Barragan will be mostly responsible for him, Traore will be expected to help him out at times as will one of de Roon or Clayton, in particular if/when he cuts inside with the ball or just moves inside without it.

Tough game obviously but we need points as despite the two good results at ***nal and Man City, the fact remains that we've still only won twice this season and we're a point away from 18th place. The assumption is that we'll stick with three in midfield and play 4-1-4-1 or 4-5-1 essentially, which makes a lot of sense but I wonder with them playing three at the back if we might go back to 4-2-3-1 instead and see if we can get some joy from the extra attacking player.

I don't really like Chelsea. I don't hate them as hate is a strong word but I have a strong dislike for them. I can't stand Chelsea Dagger either. Just gonna put that out there.