oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leicester City (a) 2-2

After a spirited but ultimately fruitless home performance against Chelsea, Aitor's boys head to the home of the unlikely Champions. Leicester City achieved what most of us see as 'the dream' last season, beating the big boys at their own game, and ran, pressed, and in the case of Robert Huth, fought their way to the Premier League title, winning over pundits and gaining a few new fans along the way. However, from the top, there's only one direction you can go.

Hl1PSQK.jpg

AITORS ARMY

Valdés

Barragan

Chambers

Gibson

Fabio

De Roon

Forshaw

Adama

Gastón

Fischer

Negredo

When you're at the top of the tree, you're there to be shot at. However, shooting isn't something AK's boys have been particularly adept at in recent times. I think this, coupled with Leicester not posing the same threat as some of our recent opponents, may lead to a return to the 4-2-3-1. After two decent cameos, I think Fischer may have earned himself a start. Despite fan pressure, however, I don't think Jordan Rhodes will be granted the same liberty.

This fixture, in isolation, is one I'd certainly be happy with a point from. However, because of horrendous home results against Crystal Palace and Watford, we need to claw back that shortfall in points somewhere. The draws at ***nal and City went some way towards that, but 3 points at a ground where not many of our rivals will win this season would go a long way towards moving forward.

Huth and Morgan are markedly worse this season, struggling to get to grips (or not, as the case may be), with the new rules on holding. The two of them also move about as quickly as Lee Tomlin does away from a buffet cart, so a pacy attacking three of Fischer, Gastón and Adama can really do some damage, providing they manage to get in the same postcode as Negredo.

Prediction: 1-1.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Valdes

Barragan

Chambers

Gibson

Fabio

Clayton

Forshaw

De Roon

Traore

Ramirez

Negredo

I think we'll win this 2-0. Leicester are there for the taking. They are not the same side as last season. I think we'll see a Karanka master class.

I am yet to see why anybody would want Fischer in the team as his cameos so far have been anonymous (just my opinion). I actually think that injuries permitting it will be the same as Chelski although if there had to be a change I would want Downing over Fischer any day.

Some promising signs of late though and I am confident of a point at the champions , who hopefully will suffer another Champions league hangover

2-2 with goals from Negredo and Ramirez

Leicester will be trying to make sure they don't lose 3 PL games on the trot so will be up for this, I still think however that we can get a draw so I'll go 1-1.

I hope we try and get on the front foot a lot more rather than sit deep and try to defend because I think that could play into Leicesters hands.

Leicester will be trying to make sure they don't lose 3 PL games on the trot so will be up for this, I still think however that we can get a draw so I'll go 1-1.

I hope we try and get on the front foot a lot more rather than sit deep and try to defend because I think that could play into Leicesters hands.

Did you watch any of Leicester last season?

Yep seen a few games, one of their tactics is usually try to play Vardy in over the top or down the channels, we have pace in Traore, and Ramirez is no slouch either,as Tom mentioned Huth and Morgan are looking a yard too slow at the moment, and we should be going for it and trying to exploit this from the off.

One thing Leicester are good at is set pieces scored quite a few from them last season you sit too far back and your more than likely to give away your fair share of set pieces which most definitely plays into Leicester's hands.

Leicester don't seem to be the same force without Kante.

I am yet to see why anybody would want Fischer in the team as his cameos so far have been anonymous (just my opinion). I actually think that injuries permitting it will be the same as Chelski although if there had to be a change I would want Downing over Fischer any day.

Some promising signs of late though and I am confident of a point at the champions , who hopefully will suffer another Champions league hangover

2-2 with goals from Negredo and Ramirez

Have to agree regarding Fischer. I just don't see it.

Yeah this is probably one of the games where sitting deeper is pretty much what you need to do.  Don't want Vardy and Mahrez running in behind our back four too often.

Putting Fischer in the XI isn't necessarily what I'd do, by the way, but what I think Karanka may do. He seems to have been quite inclined to put Fischer on recently, over the likes of Stuani and Rhodes, so he must be doing something right. I wouldn't be at all shocked to see Downing start, but I do get the feeling that Fischer will get a start sooner rather than later.

Drinkwater and Albrighton both limping a bit tonight after knocks. Could be impact injuries, but would be nice if both were out for Saturday.

Drinkwater especially though he's not been at his best this season too, cost Leicester a couple of goals.

Fischer hasn't earned anything with the game time he has had. The best we saw of him was at West Ham if I recall correctly but he still didn't justify a first-team selection. Looked okay at Everton too when he came on. Considering all the different positions he's played for us in, he's not really shown any attributes to work towards excelling in any of them.

If anything, in the game at West Ham, he showed where he wanted to be by getting in a good position to shoot and not being far off, that's essentially what BD has told us about him, he's a good finisher but he's not playing in a system that suits him. The closest I think we can do with him in the side is, as I've mentioned before, a 4-3-3 with a false 9, putting him in the centre. He doesn't look like someone who needs a strike partner.