• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've just watched it back again and again and I can't sympathise much with Chambers on that. Purely because I'm not convinced that Morgan was the reason he handled it, I think that's all on him for not pulling his arms down.

Morgan was all over the back of him, it was a foul there's barely any doubt about that. We shouldn't be having this discussion but decisions are made by the referee in split seconds. You've absolutely got to defend yourself, particularly when it relates to the use of hands as an outfield player, you can't just assume as free kick will be given for the foul.

So if he's using his arms solely for jumping, why do they just hang in the air? How many times have you used your arms to help you jump higher and just took them with you into the air rather than pulling them down? Not many, I'd reckon.

It looks unnatural but I'm not convinced the foul was the reason he just left them hanging. Or perhaps I'd prefer to say I don't think it's an adequate excuse for him to have left his hands up.

So I've just watched it back again and again and I can't sympathise much with Chambers on that. Purely because I'm not convinced that Morgan was the reason he handled it, I think that's all on him for not pulling his arms down.

Morgan was all over the back of him, it was a foul there's barely any doubt about that. We shouldn't be having this discussion but decisions are made by the referee in split seconds. You've absolutely got to defend yourself, particularly when it relates to the use of hands as an outfield player, you can't just assume as free kick will be given for the foul.

So if he's using his arms solely for jumping, why do they just hang in the air? How many times have you used your arms to help you jump higher and just took them with you into the air rather than pulling them down? Not many, I'd reckon.

It looks unnatural but I'm not convinced the foul was the reason he just left them hanging. Or perhaps I'd prefer to say I don't think it's an adequate excuse for him to have left his hands up.

Every.god.damn.time.

Seriously mate, try to do a jump. If you use your arms to create momentum, you don't suddenly just pull them down to your sides. Have you ever seen a midfielder just pull his arms down in a heading duel? nah, not many, I'd reckon.

I think Wilson makes a good point, it was a foul no question, but if the ref didn't see the foul in that split second then he has to award the penalty for handball, and you definitely don't jump with your hands above your head not unless your playing basketball.

Every.god.damn.time.

Seriously mate, try to do a jump. If you use your arms to create momentum, you don't suddenly just pull them down to your sides. Have you ever seen a midfielder just pull his arms down in a heading duel? nah, not many, I'd reckon.

So is this how you expect someone to look like when the ball hits their head?

jumping-man-1245950.jpg

Every.god.damn.time.

So is this how you expect someone to look like when the ball hits their head?

Alright. I am now sure Chambers absolutely deliberately took his hands to that ball. There's no question about it.