oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leicester City (a) 2-2

Leicester will be trying to make sure they don't lose 3 PL games on the trot so will be up for this, I still think however that we can get a draw so I'll go 1-1.

I hope we try and get on the front foot a lot more rather than sit deep and try to defend because I think that could play into Leicesters hands.

Did you watch any of Leicester last season?

Yeah this is probably one of the games where sitting deeper is pretty much what you need to do.  Don't want Vardy and Mahrez running in behind our back four too often.

Same old same old then.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Leicester will be trying to make sure they don't lose 3 PL games on the trot so will be up for this, I still think however that we can get a draw so I'll go 1-1.

I hope we try and get on the front foot a lot more rather than sit deep and try to defend because I think that could play into Leicesters hands.

Yeah this is probably one of the games where sitting deeper is pretty much what you need to do.  Don't want Vardy and Mahrez running in behind our back four too often.

Same old same old then.

Well, yes. Rather than open up and play to the strengths of our opponent.

Same old same old then.

Well, yes. Rather than open up and play to the strengths of our opponent.

Defend deep hope they don't break us down and counter, rather than try and nick an early goal against a side that at this moment is not playing with a lot of confidence in the PL fair enough.

The fact they're not doing too well in the league right now only serves to emphasise that we should not go there and try to beat them in the first 5 minutes. They'll be wanting to get at us from the start to put any recent concerns to bed.

In fact, the longer we frustrate them, the more nervy their crowd will get. They've just had an excellent result in the CL and will be up for this one unless we keep frustrating them.

I think our recent system makes sense to play against Leicester's pace on the counter. It could well be one counter attack against another. Which could either be a very open game of football or an extremely dull affair.

Fischer's an odd case. BD might disagree with me here, but he's been brilliant for Denmark. Unfortunately, it looks like he's almost trying too much when he finally comes on for Boro.

In my opinion, he's far better playing the false 9 role. His partnership with Eriksen has been quite good. But we play two completely different systems, and Boro is nowhere near able to play the same system (and Karanka is obviously too stubborn).

Anyways, I hope we someday see him up top with Ramirez behind him. Ramirez is more than capable of taking deep runs, and Fischer, in my opinion, can cause havoc in that sense with his mobility. I'm glad none of the nonsense of his work rate is spread anymore.

Well he doesn't look lazy by any means, I don't understand how anyone could say that.

It's just very difficult to see how good a player he is when he's almost like a placeholder player, almost put onto the pitch to fill a gap rather than show us what he can do. It's difficult to see how he makes us better tactically when he doesn't seem to fit into any system Aitor might play. But maybe I'm paying him too much respect there? In saying that, I'm inferring he's not a bad player, we just don't know how to use him. But maybe I'm wrong? Maybe he just isn't good enough? I don't know.

I was quite excited when I seen Fischer coming on against Chelsea, I thought great, we actually get to see him linking up with Ramirez either by cutting in from the left or going up with Negredo but low and behold he somehow ends up in the right wingback position with Traore going into some free role. 

I honestly have no idea whatsoever what Karanka was thinking there. With 1 sub he managed to put everyone bar Negredo in unfamiliar and I would argue unsuitable roles. You could see Fischer has no interest in going on the outside, its not his position and he doesn't have the pace to do it. I wouldn't disagree with the people saying Fischer has been poor because he has, but lets face it he hasn't exactly been helped by Karanka.

I think we are more than capable of getting some sort of result against Leicester and would not be at all surprised with a "shock" away win.

So sticking to my guns either a 1-2 or 0-2 win for the Boro

I am in the pro Fischer group the more time in a game the more effective I think he will be.

Will Stuani be ready for this weekend?

Fischer's an odd case. BD might disagree with me here, but he's been brilliant for Denmark. Unfortunately, it looks like he's almost trying too much when he finally comes on for Boro.

Has he been brilliant against anyone good?  I can remember a few people talking him up and when I went and looked at Denmark's fixtures and results they were against rubbish opposition almost every time.  In fact over the past year most of Denmark's games seem to be against teams that wouldn't be regarded as Europe's elite.  I think maybe he's looked good against poor teams?

Has he been brilliant against anyone good?  I can remember a few people talking him up and when I went and looked at Denmark's fixtures and results they were against rubbish opposition almost every time.  In fact over the past year most of Denmark's games seem to be against teams that wouldn't be regarded as Europe's elite.  I think maybe he's looked good against poor teams?

I don't think he has been particularly good for Denmark. But the whole team has been rubbish this year. He has been largely ineffective apart from a back heel pass to set up eriksens goal. That is also why he has drifted out if the team. Christ he is being kept out by a ridiculously poor Yussuf Poulsen. Fischer has had a disappointing season so far but I do think he has a lot more to offer.