oneBoro Forum

Boro v Leicester City (a) 2-2

Are many fans clamouring for AK to play 2 up front?

I think it's certainly worth a go if we're trailing in games.  Ramirez hasn't set the Premier League alight has he so what would the big deal be in taking him out and putting another striker on there for example? Play a bit more direct, use Negredo as more of a target but actually have a striker around him to feed off that.  How often do we play a ball up to Negredo that he flicks on to absolutely nobody? We've seen him trying to chase down his own flicks on occasions because there isn't anyone close to him. I don't see much to lose from this as I don't believe Ramirez as a 10 helps us that much defensively and if he also isn't helping much when we're attacking then where would we lose out?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

No. After the "fans will be happy" speech, I think it's safe to assume that will never happen again.

Maybe he'll do it again just to reiterate the fans know f**k all when we get beat. :D

Fans are clamouring for us to score more goals whatever that takes.

They can't be true fans though CT, any real fan would know that scoring lots of goals just isn't the Middlesbrough way.

That's ok but that was Humpty not me.  The clue is in the name  :rolleyes:

I think it's certainly worth a go if we're trailing in games.  Ramirez hasn't set the Premier League alight has he so what would the big deal be in taking him out and putting another striker on there for example? Play a bit more direct, use Negredo as more of a target but actually have a striker around him to feed off that.  How often do we play a ball up to Negredo that he flicks on to absolutely nobody? We've seen him trying to chase down his own flicks on occasions because there isn't anyone close to him. I don't see much to lose from this as I don't believe Ramirez as a 10 helps us that much defensively and if he also isn't helping much when we're attacking then where would we lose out?

That sounds like a job for Stuani!

Maybe he'll do it again just to reiterate the fans know f**k all when we get beat. :D

They can't be true fans though CT, any real fan would know that scoring lots of goals just isn't the Middlesbrough way.

Sorry CT, I didn't look at the name, you and Humpty have such similar writing styles I often get you mixed up.

Well we both write in English I suppose so I guess that's similar but Humpty's not as loveable as I am. I'm a Oneboro national treasure.

I would play ramirez LW and Traore RW as we look a lot more balanced than with Downing out wide. Wouldnt try to match Leicester 442 though so would prefer Downing in the central role.

Id have hoped the games where we have played our 451 has cemented the need for another winger in Aitors January plans as if Traore gets injured it severely limits us again.

Sorry CT, I didn't look at the name, you and Humpty have such similar writing styles I often get you mixed up.

Both condescending, know it all chunts?

At least one of you can admit it ;)

Well we both write in English I suppose so I guess that's similar but Humpty's not as loveable as I am.  I'm a Oneboro national treasure.

Our very own Nicolas Cage

I was thinking Barbara Cartland.

Dame Judi Dench or Joe Pasquale.

That sounds like a job for Stuani!

I wouldn't have a problem with that at all.

At least one of you can admit it ;)

Yeah but only one of us actually does know everything and as modest as I am, I do have to admit that it's me  :blush:

Look it works like this.  I am me and I am wonderful.  Oneboro treasure, best gadge ever to stop by this place.  Will is the very dumbed down version of me, which we established some months ago and Humpty is the less likeable version of Will.  That's it in a nutshell.