• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Are many fans clamouring for AK to play 2 up front?

I think it's certainly worth a go if we're trailing in games.  Ramirez hasn't set the Premier League alight has he so what would the big deal be in taking him out and putting another striker on there for example? Play a bit more direct, use Negredo as more of a target but actually have a striker around him to feed off that.  How often do we play a ball up to Negredo that he flicks on to absolutely nobody? We've seen him trying to chase down his own flicks on occasions because there isn't anyone close to him. I don't see much to lose from this as I don't believe Ramirez as a 10 helps us that much defensively and if he also isn't helping much when we're attacking then where would we lose out?

That sounds like a job for Stuani!

I wouldn't have a problem with that at all.

Nor would I. Negredo wins a lot of headers that go nowhere. Rhodes has a history of scoring goals with a strike partner, usually one of Negredo's ilk that is physical and can win headers, thinking of Gestede in particular who he had a great partnership with (or at the very least, scored lots of goals alongside).

And I also think Stuani could do a similar job to Rhodes. I'd argue Stuani was the more aggressive, perhaps if you're chasing the game you'd go for Stuani but from the start Rhodes.

So yet another reason Rhodes won't play. :)

That's ok but that was Humpty not me.  The clue is in the name  :rolleyes:

Sorry CT, I didn't look at the name, you and Humpty have such similar writing styles I often get you mixed up.

Both condescending, know it all chunts?

At least one of you can admit it ;)

Yeah but only one of us actually does know everything and as modest as I am, I do have to admit that it's me  :blush:

Look it works like this.  I am me and I am wonderful.  Oneboro treasure, best gadge ever to stop by this place.  Will is the very dumbed down version of me, which we established some months ago and Humpty is the less likeable version of Will.  That's it in a nutshell.

So Humpty is a less likeable very dumbed down version of you? I guess it all makes sense now.

Sorry CT, I didn't look at the name, you and Humpty have such similar writing styles I often get you mixed up.

Yeah but only one of us actually does know everything and as modest as I am, I do have to admit that it's me  :blush:

Look it works like this.  I am me and I am wonderful.  Oneboro treasure, best gadge ever to stop by this place.  Will is the very dumbed down version of me, which we established some months ago and Humpty is the less likeable version of Will.  That's it in a nutshell.

So Humpty is a less likeable very dumbed down version of you? I guess it all makes sense now.

I'm pleasantly surprised you got that, Will.  I just hope Humpty did as well :)

(I can hear the MODS having heart attacks at my circumnavigation of the swear filter as we speak)

They don't mind if it's directed at me and also fair comment.

Nor would I. Negredo wins a lot of headers that go nowhere. Rhodes has a history of scoring goals with a strike partner, usually one of Negredo's ilk that is physical and can win headers, thinking of Gestede in particular who he had a great partnership with (or at the very least, scored lots of goals alongside).

And I also think Stuani could do a similar job to Rhodes. I'd argue Stuani was the more aggressive, perhaps if you're chasing the game you'd go for Stuani but from the start Rhodes.

Been wanting Stuani central for ages :D

If you remember back to the Spurs game, we sort of did have Rhodes and Stuani up front together in the second half after he took off Negredo and Ramirez.  Stuani moved inside a bit albeit he was still more on the right hand side but he definitely appeared to be through the middle with Rhodes. Traore had come on and started on the right but ended up all over the place to the extent that Downing came over to the right for a bit.  So it's clearly somewhere in his head that this is an option.

Been wanting Stuani central for ages :D

If you remember back to the Spurs game, we sort of did have Rhodes and Stuani up front together in the second half after he took off Negredo and Ramirez.  Stuani moved inside a bit albeit he was still more on the right hand side but he definitely appeared to be through the middle with Rhodes. Traore had come on and started on the right but ended up all over the place to the extent that Downing came over to the right for a bit.  So it's clearly somewhere in his head that this is an option.

True, I thought Stuani was actually quite central and like you say, Traore showed zero discipline so it never really worked out.

If Adomah had come on instead of Traore... :)

Will you're on the Chunt list too

True, I thought Stuani was actually quite central and like you say, Traore showed zero discipline so it never really worked out.

If Adomah had come on instead of Traore... :)

The interesting thing about all of that was that the following game was West Ham when both Ramirez and Negredo were dropped on the back of whatever Karanka saw during the Spurs game that he didn't like.  There were definitely some things I didn't like from the pair of them in that game but it seems that it was more about making a point than genuinely giving anyone else a chance to show what they can do.

Will you're on the Chunt list too

I know. Aiming for #1

Well we both write in English I suppose so I guess that's similar but Humpty's not as loveable as I am.  I'm a Oneboro national treasure.

Our very own Nicolas Cage

I was thinking Barbara Cartland.

Or Rolf Harris.

Well we both write in English I suppose so I guess that's similar but Humpty's not as loveable as I am.  I'm a Oneboro national treasure.

Our very own Nicolas Cage

I was thinking Barbara Cartland.

Or Rolf Harris.

I don't know, some people might find being likened to a convicted sex offender slightly offensive  :-/ :dodgy: