oneBoro Forum

December Fixtures

So with a crucial month coming up, how many points do you feel we need to be aiming for and how many points do you actually see us getting?

December Fixtures:

HULL (Home)

SOUTHAMPTON (Away)

LIVERPOOL (Home)

SWANSEA (Home)

BURNLEY (Away)

MANCHESTER UNITED (Away)

LEICESTER CITY (Home) *January 2nd 2017*

I think we need to be looking to beat Hull, Swansea and Leicester City. They are very winnable games and from what I've seen so far we are better than each of them. Burnley and Southampton away will be tricky games. Liverpool and Man Utd are more or less bonus games, if we get anything from them it would be brilliant, although I actually fancy our chances at Old Trafford.

I think we should be aiming for a minimum of 10 points (Wins against Hull, Swansea and Leicester and a draw at Burnley). Anything else would be a bonus. And I think we've turned our season around, we look a comfortable mid table team, so I'm expecting a decent points return from these set of games. If we can smash the 20 points mark after these games I will be very confident of survival. But nothing should be taken for granted in this league!

I Think We should definately look at getting ten points from those run of 7 games. 4 of them are at home with two teams below us. And then you have Leicester and Burnley who are around us. I'd be disappointed if we don't get ten points. Hull and Swansea are must win games in my book.

Needed out of those, I think we should aim for 12 points. 3 winnable home games a***st those.

How many we'll get?

Think we are good enough to get 6 from Hull and Swansea, those are must win games given the way the table is shaping up. Leicester, depends on how well they go from here. They should pick up between now and then with not having to worry about their final CL game. Regardless, think we need to aim for all 3 again, but might come up short and only get the 1.

So the remaining 4 are where we'll struggle. Southampton and Liverpool are playing well and I can see us losing both those. Burnley away will definitely not be easy and we may end up being lucky to get a point from there. I honestly think our best hope of any points out of the 4 is the game at United, though even saying that I'm not confident of more than a point.

So I think we'll manage 8 points. Possibly 10, depending on the Leicester game. My worry is that we've dropped points in winnable games already from a slow start, thus require more points from games we could otherwise have lost.

We have been far better away from home than at home this season, I think we're more likely to pick up 3 points away at Burnley than Leicester at home.

As much as I feel they are must win games, I honestly can't see us beating both Swansea and Hull, I'd love to be proven wrong but they have cautious draw written all over them, especially the Hull game.

I think Boro can get 13 points if Boro's plaers wants to be more agressive at home and play with more confidence of his possibilities of win at home and away

HULL (3 points)

SOUTHAMPTON (1 point)

LIVERPOOL (1 point)

SWANSEA (3 points)

BURNLEY (1 point)

MANCHESTER UNITED (1 point)

LEICESTER CITY (3 points)

a minimum 7 points, which will keep us on track for near enough the 40 point mark. which will hopefully be enough to see us safe. I think 10 points would be decent and pretty realistic target. anything more a much added bonus but not beyond the realms of reality.

we have 12 from 13 already and that is a pretty disappointing total so far considering all the howlers we made and the fast learning curve which we went on.

examples of our howlers, friend vs palace, Clayton's needless foul of shaquiri vs stoke costing us a goal from the resulting free kick, re roon sticking a leg out late v Leicester costing us 2 points.

We owe Burnley a hiding after battering them for 90 minutes last season only for them, to sucker punch us with that equalizer!

Leicester falls into that category too - minus the battering.

We didn't batter them for 90 minutes, we worked incredibly hard to contain them and attacked when we had the chance. They kept the game within their reach by only conceding one and nicked one late on. We probably deserved the result but we definitely didn't batter them.

We owe Burnley a hiding after battering them for 90 minutes last season only for them, to sucker punch us with that equalizer!

We didn't batter them for 90 minutes, we worked incredibly hard to contain them and attacked when we had the chance. They kept the game within their reach by only conceding one and nicked one late on. We probably deserved the result but we definitely didn't batter them.

I disagree Will. We were all over them they were hanging on and got lucky in the end. If you look at it as the home team got kept it tight as you said yourself "we contained them and did well to nick one in the end" probably equates to battering

I disagree Will. We were all over them they were hanging on and got lucky in the end. If you look at it as the home team got kept it tight as you said yourself "we contained them and did well to nick one in the end" probably equates to battering

I disagree, we worked so hard in that game just to get to 1-0 that by the time 70-75 minutes came around we looked knackered and they moved it through us pretty easily by the end when they scored. We deserved to win because we were the better team in my opinion, but I wouldn't ever describe it as a battering.

HULL (H) Fun Fact: we won

------------------------------------------------

Southampton (A) I think this is winable, since Southampton plays thursday in Europe in a tough game and they might be knackered earlier in the game. I expect at least one point, as we have a good defence and the oponents haven't scored much.

Liverpool (H) Liverpool plays amazing in the final third and this might be the toughest challenge for Ben and Calum so far. But I do believe Traore can scare them a bit in the other end. A bonus game, where every point earned is very welcome.

Swansea (H) This is a must win and I bet we will dominate very much, just like the Hull game, but even more as Swansea won't park the bus as much.

Burnley (A) A true six pointer, and we can win this, but it's going to be a batlle on the midfield.

Man U (A) Another bonus game, where I can see us do some damage, but I don't expect anything

Leicester (H) REVENGE! This one we will win and that's it.. A draw might do, depending on how the oponents and our form is after a very tough month of footbal.

#UTFB