• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Any reason why its 14:15 on a Sunday?

It's on telly, and Saints play in the Europa on Thursday.

We aren't on TV but they do play on Thursday.  Don't think we really know why its not at 3pm.

Oh are we not? I'm guessing it must be for policing reasons then.

It's a premier league game, it's always on a telly somewhere 

Astro 1

Bein 3

Mio 102

NBC Premier league Extra time

plus more

Sorry, yeah I know that, but I meant it's not been picked for broadcast in the UK, which is usually the main reason why a fixture's time is anything other than 3pm on a weekend.

Southampton went out of Europe last night with a very disappointing 1-1 draw, and Austin knacked his shoulder and will be out til January. I think both play into our favour.

Austin getting injured really enhanced our chances. Will it be Long up front then? He may be quick but I reckon Gibbo can keep him quite. We can certainly win the central midfield battle, but they look strong on the wings so Barragan and Fabio will have to be at their best.

Would rather us play Southampton with Austin up front than long. Longs pace is terrifying whereas Austin won't score without having chances handed to him on a plate and we don't tend to do that too often.

Saying that I think redmond will start up front.

Hmmm Stuani starting and perhaps Nugent on the bench?

How convenient that Rhodes is seemingly already out of contention for the game??????

Convenient?

Hmmm Stuani starting and perhaps Nugent on the bench?

How convenient that Rhodes is seemingly already out of contention for the game??????

Convenient?

I imagine the convenience is intended to sound like AK's in that Negredo finally got injured and Rhodes happens to be injured at the same time so he still doesn't have to play him.

Mind you, I'd quite like to see Stuani up top on his own. I'd really rather they didn't stick Nugent in just because he's designated as an out-and-out striker in our squad.

Nobody really thinks that AK hates Rhodes to the point where he desperately doesn't want to play him, do they? To the point he could even consider Rhodes being injured as 'convenient'?

He doesn't rate him, that much is clear by now, but I really don't think he hates him to that degree. That would be weird.

Austin getting injured really enhanced our chances. Will it be Long up front then? He may be quick but I reckon Gibbo can keep him quite. We can certainly win the central midfield battle, but they look strong on the wings so Barragan and Fabio will have to be at their best.

Long likes to get in behind the defense and I think we are set up well against that, Barragan v Bertrand isnt a battle I see going well for us mind you, I'd like to think though that Traore can either stifle Bertrand and give him something to think about or punish him if he over commits.

Would rather us play Southampton with Austin up front than long.  Longs pace is terrifying whereas Austin won't score without having chances handed to him on a plate and we don't tend to do that too often.

Saying that I think redmond will start up front.

Redmond can sod right off, the git! He takes me back to the feeling seeing that 2nd one go in at Wembley.

Negrado, Rhodes and Gaston doubts for the game as they haven't trained today...

As much as I appreciate what Negredo bring to the team, not having Gaston would be the one that really concerns me. Consistently the most creative player by far. Surely he'll be desperate to play Southampton and show them his quality? I've got a sneaky feeling he will be just fine ;)

Nugent potentially to make a return? I dont believe that Rhodes is injured. I think hes going in January and Karanka doesnt want to play him in case he gets injured. Sell Rhodes for an attacking player perhaps. I'd be gutted to see him leave, but as much as I love Rhodes and think he would be a good asset at this level, there is no point having him if Karanka is hell bent on not using him.