oneBoro Forum

Boro v Southampton (A) 0-1

I don't get the Fischer thing. What does he do?

He doesn't defend.

He doesn't create.

He doesn't score goals.

He's not physical.

He's not fast.

He can't head the ball.

he's not a great dribbler.

His passing is very inconsistent.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

He doesn't defend.

He doesn't create.

He doesn't score goals.

He's not physical.

He's not fast.

He can't head the ball.

Does he wash up? He never wash up

Does he clean up? No he never cleans up

Does he brush up? He never brush up

He does nothing, the boy does nothing

I would love to see the Liverpool thread up soon and just lock this one and we can pretend it never happened.

Something ive been thinking about...would De Roon be keeping Leadbitter out of the team if it wasnt for his cost? He is playing more advanced than Clayton and he isnt very good at it. I think if he wasnt our big summer signing Grant would be back in.

He handballed it against Hull and he was offside.

He took a corner.

Did well for the Rhodes thing.

He didn't break clear, it was a mistake from a Southampton player and he wasn't quick or strong enough to capitalise.  If he had we'd have been 1-0 up.

I'm not convinced he even did that well for the Rhodes opportunity early on, he kicked it against the Southampton player and it ended up at Rhodes. I don't believe he meant it at all

I was giving him credit for actually making it happen because if I don't Brunners will start talking *** about me as though I hate Fischer as opposed to just watching him kind of run around and not do much then saying he's just running around and not doing much.  All those PM's you sent about Brunners were spot on.

:rolleyes:

He doesn't defend.

He doesn't create.

He doesn't score goals.

He's not physical.

He's not fast.

He can't head the ball.

I would love to see the Liverpool thread up soon and just lock this one and we can pretend it never happened.

Something ive been thinking about...would De Roon be keeping Leadbitter out of the team if it wasnt for his cost? He is playing more advanced than Clayton and he isnt very good at it. I think if he wasnt our big summer signing Grant would be back in.

Trust me you don't, especially when you find out that it's me doing it. :D

Hopefully have something up tomorrow evening for those of you who want to bore yourselves to death.

He doesn't defend.

He doesn't create.

He doesn't score goals.

He's not physical.

He's not fast.

He can't head the ball.

Trust me you don't, especially when you find out that it's me doing it. :D

Hopefully have something up tomorrow evening for those of you who want to bore yourselves to death.

Ha ironically it was you lambasted before for putting the next thread up too soon! This one cant come soon enough. I feel more let down than any game since Cardiff purely because the players seemed to actually try but they were hindered by the manager (he chose the mix of personel and dithered on the subs).

The thing which worries me the most is the fact we've spent around 15m on absolute rubbish.. I mean I thought after I posted the De Roon thread strangely enough his performances picked up and then after his little episode at Leciester he's just gone back to his earlier season poor form and it baffles me as to what our scouting network saw in him. As for the other other 3m I'm on about Victor Fischer, now personally I cannot see what he brings either? He doesn't really have a great deal of pace and his supposedly best asset, his shooting also looks poor. He missed a great opportunity today and should also have scored against Hull.

I'm just hoping our recruitment is a lot stronger in January and we don't end up with another De Pena situation..

Are we talking about the same Fischer who scored against Hull but was marginally offside and disallowed, or the Fischer who set Ramirez goal against Hull or is it the Fischer who skinned 2 players in the first few minutes today put the ball to Rhodes who should of scored or os it the Fischer who broke clear today with a defender over him like a rash and a keeper cutting his angle and the ball fell to Stuani who should of scored please remind me what he doesn't give to the team.

I'm guessing you must of missed the however many other corners that came to nothing in the Hull game and today's game? I mean that first one today was a cracker to be fair!

Have you ever played Football Manager and made changes from your last game thinking you will still win, gotten 50 minutes in before realising it isnt going very well....so you decide to make subs. You check everyones fitness, passing accuracy, average positions and OH CRAP I FORGOT TO PAUSE IT AND ITS 80 MINUTES IN!!!

Happens to Karanka every single week. Needs to tap that space bar first

• Like 1

Have you ever played Football Manager and made changes from your last game thinking you will still win, gotten 50 minutes in before realising it isnt going very well....so you decide to make subs. You check everyones fitness, passing accuracy, average positions and OH CRAP I FORGOT TO PAUSE IT AND ITS 80 MINUTES IN!!!

:)

It is weird like.  We were going nowhere today but we make only one sub and it's in the 81st minute? If you're pushing and pushing you can understand that because you can make a case that the manager feels it's just a matter of time before you make something happen. However we weren't today at all. On top of that, what does it say about Downing and Nugent that Karanka didn't feel they would improve things?  Chasing a game again but we can't play with two strikers?  I think Karanka wasn't that disappointed with a 1-0 defeat or he was trying to make a point within the club.

:D :D :D :D

It was one of the worst games that I've ever been to, it took a great goal to settle it. I hate games like that, saints pressed us hard and stopped us playing out from the back. We missed our two star players today, hopefully they will both be fit for the Liverpool match.

Best post on the thread, can we close it now!?

He doesn't defend.

He doesn't create.

He doesn't score goals.

He's not physical.

He's not fast.

He can't head the ball.

100% agree with this, I really can't see what the fuss is (was?) about the lad.

The stats and figures don't lie, we are the lowest scorers in the league. We are too defensive and ultimately this could be our undoing.

Imagine coming to the end of the season and looking back at all those points we missed out on because we played with the hand brake on.

I think everyone would rather lose 2-0 and have a go when down, instead of yesterday's debacle.

If I upset anyone  yesterday I apologise, as I ended up very drunk by the games end.

Ha.... you know you shouldn't drink and type :)