oneBoro Forum

Boro v Southampton (A) 0-1

It was a very frustrating game, but the. Tied lost heart after saints scored and just resorted to moaning and whinging. It really wouldn't have made any difference if Traore had come on 10 minutes earlier, he had very little effect when he came on, if anything we looked worse.

I don't blame AK for the result, some of the players just didn't look up for it, We barely won a 50/50 ball all game.

I thought we won more than our fair share of 50-50s the only one that didn't was Rhodes he just got bullied by van dyke

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I hated the way that the crowd were yelling at Karanka to "give them a sub" I can't think of anything that would undermine the players on the pitch more. It's also incredibly disrespectful to s manager who had got us where we are. I though the crowd were an embarrassment in the second half, to be honest.

Everyone was yelling for a sub at their tv/computer screens so why can't the crowd. Literally everyone but AK saw we needed to make a change, they're well within their right to make that known.

Why would you yell at your computer? What would be the point?

:rolleyes: 

Of course bringing Traore on earlier would have been better. Know why he didn't get into the game? Because he only had 10 minutes and we couldn't get the ball over to him enough because we couldn't get a foothold.

Guess what happens if he comes on with 30 - 35 minutes to go? He gets the ball more and has more of a chance of making a difference.

That was probably one of the silliest comments I've ever seen you make.

I think the fans whof went all the way down to Southampton are well within their rights to bemoan the lack of changes.

We made one substitution with 10 minutes left to get something from that game. If anyone is happy with that then I just can't understand.

Had a great day yesterday. Game was ***, result was ***, tactics were ***. Great day meeting up with so many forums members on my birthday. Memories of the game were a little hazy and have a vague memory of bear hugging/ rugby tackling an 8ft snowman outside the ground. Cheers for the beers guys. Had a wonderful birthday and thanks to Alan for the travel! !!!

I hated the way that the crowd were yelling at Karanka to "give them a sub" I can't think of anything that would undermine the players on the pitch more. It's also incredibly disrespectful to s manager who had got us where we are. I though the crowd were an embarrassment in the second half, to be honest.

I've got to agree with Billy on this one.  I think it's more than a little embarrassing when hundreds of football fans show that they have a better grasp on a situation than the fella being paid a fortune to be the manager.  It's not ideal.

Everyone was yelling for a sub at their tv/computer screens so why can't the crowd. Literally everyone but AK saw we needed to make a change, they're well within their right to make that known.

Why would you yell at your computer? What would be the point?

:rolleyes: 

Of course bringing Traore on earlier would have been better. Know why he didn't get into the game? Because he only had 10 minutes and we couldn't get the ball over to him enough because we couldn't get a foothold.

Guess what happens if he comes on with 30 - 35 minutes to go? He gets the ball more and has more of a chance of making a difference.

That was probably one of the silliest comments I've ever seen you make.

You obviously haven't been paying enough attention to all my other comments :)

It was a very frustrating game, but the. Tied lost heart after saints scored and just resorted to moaning and whinging. It really wouldn't have made any difference if Traore had come on 10 minutes earlier, he had very little effect when he came on, if anything we looked worse.

I don't blame AK for the result, some of the players just didn't look up for it, We barely won a 50/50 ball all game.

I think you're the first person i've seen not lay any blame at the door of Karanka.

Had a great day yesterday.  Game was ***, result was ***, tactics were ***. Great day meeting up with so many forums members on my birthday.  Memories of the game were a little hazy and have a vague memory of bear hugging/ rugby tackling an 8ft snowman outside the ground.  Cheers for the beers guys. Had a wonderful birthday and thanks to Alan for the travel! !!!

The tactics were fine. No one complained when the same tactics got us draws with ***nal and City away from home. Tactics stayed exactly the same. The personnel who were on the field to implement those tactics did not and the effort the players put in did not. I only caught the second half and the last 5/10 minutes of the first but as BWS has stated, players just didn't look like they couldn't be bothered much of the game and after the goal went in, that was it.

I think you're the first person i've seen not lay any blame at the door of Karanka.

Yeah I still think that AK is the man for the job and I'm not going to turn on him on the back of that result. Sure, I would have preferred him to start Stuani up front, but I understand that he wanted to give Rhodes his chance up front it's what many fans wanted, so fair enough.

Southampton played a pressing game against us, that no other team has so far this season, we were having to rush our play out of defence which disrupted our playing style, we just couldn't keep possession. Sure you can blame Karanka for the fact that we play that way, but recently we've looked good in possession so I don't blame him for that.

The match thread comments at half time were all positive, along the lines of we can take this. We then conceded a goal from out of the blue and our crowd fell silent. There were groans about Stuani, but I don't think he did anything less than Fischer, he had a couple of shots and played a couple of nice passes, that's not saying much, but he wasn't any worse than the other 2 forwards.

Traore could have come on sooner, but he didn't have any space to run into and he's hardly known for his goal scoring or his crossing ability, I just don't think that he could have unlocked the defence in the same way that Gaston does, even if he'd had 45 minutes in this one.

I paid particular attention to Rhodes, as I thought maybe I had been too harsh on him, but his movement was sluggish and he lost every aerial ball. Even on the ground the ball didn't stick to him in the same way that it does to Negredo. We really miss the beast when he doesn't play, even when he doesn't score he provides a target for an out-ball when things are a bit congested and we need to go long.

My best mate is a Saints season ticket holder, we chatted after the match and he also thought that it was a shocking match even though they won. The game deserved to be a nil nil draw, we lost because of a great strike on goal. It's not really grounds for getting on the manager's back. We lacked the flare of Gaston, he's vital to the side I hope he's back soon.

Yeah I still think that AK is the man for the job and I'm not going to turn on him on the back of that result. Sure, I would have preferred him to start Stuani up front, but I understand that he wanted to give Rhodes his chance up front it's what many fans wanted, so fair enough.

Southampton played a pressing game against us, that no other team has so far this season, we were having to rush our play out of defence which disrupted our playing style, we just couldn't keep possession. Sure you can blame Karanka for the fact that we play that way, but recently we've looked good in possession so I don't blame him for that.

The match thread comments at half time were all positive, along the lines of we can take this. We then conceded a goal from out of the blue and our crowd fell silent. There were groans about Stuani, but I don't think he did anything less than Fischer, he had a couple of shots and played a couple of nice passes, that's not saying much, but he wasn't any worse than the other 2 forwards.

Traore could have come on sooner, but he didn't have any space to run into and he's hardly known for his goal scoring or his crossing ability, I just don't think that he could have unlocked the defence in the same way that Gaston does, even if he'd had 45 minutes in this one.

I paid particular attention to Rhodes, as I thought maybe I had been too harsh on him, but his movement was sluggish and he lost every aerial ball. Even on the ground the ball didn't stick to him in the same way that it does to Negredo. We really miss the beast when he doesn't play, even when he doesn't score he provides a target for an out-ball when things are a bit congested and we need to go long.

My best mate is a Saints season ticket holder, we chatted after the match and he also thought that it was a shocking match even though they won. The game deserved to be a nil nil draw, we lost because of a great strike on goal. It's not really grounds for getting on the manager's back. We lacked the flare of Gaston, he's vital to the side I hope he's back soon.

But Karanka said the players played fine...which is it?

For the record, i don't think there's any harm in criticising the manager when he gets it wrong (and he did)...i'm not one for wanting him out after one poor performance though. Bad day at the office for him. Move on.

I wouldn't take a lot of notice of what managers say in post match press conferences. I'd rather he protected the players than hung them out to dry.

I didn't hear his comments but I presume he was trying to stay positive and not single anyone out in public. I'm sure there will be words behind closed doors, that's where his comments matter.

He picks the team and it's clear it didn't function correctly against Southampton nor was he pragmatic in making game-changing decisions in game. I'd rather he hung himself out to dry in this instance.

Had a great day yesterday.  Game was ***, result was ***, tactics were ***. Great day meeting up with so many forums members on my birthday.  Memories of the game were a little hazy and have a vague memory of bear hugging/ rugby tackling an 8ft snowman outside the ground.  Cheers for the beers guys. Had a wonderful birthday and thanks to Alan for the travel! !!!

The tactics were fine. No one complained when the same tactics got us draws with ***nal and City away from home. Tactics stayed exactly the same. The personnel who were on the field to implement those tactics did not and the effort the players put in did not. I only caught the second half and the last 5/10 minutes of the first but as BWS has stated, players just didn't look like they couldn't be bothered much of the game and after the goal went in, that was it.

To be fair my Beer goggles were on most of the game!!!!!