Boro v Southampton (A) 0-1

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Apparently we did almost everything and Karanka is happy with the players who played.

From the BBC wesbsite.

"We did almost everything, I can't say anything about the players. We kept working but in the Premier League you have to score your chances.

"We finished the first half well and I said we had to keep that intensity but they started the second half better than us. We're improving and growing, especially in defence."

On the injured Negredo and Ramirez: "It would be easy to say we missed them but we win and lose as a team and I am happy with the players who played."

Do people still think Rhodes should be in the side over negrado?

We've got another in the battle against Rhodes. Said before the game he'd have deserved a medal getting a goal today with the players 'supporting' him and rightfully so, the lad never had a chance and Negredo would have done no different, in my opinion.

I don't see the difference in the argument of people....(not saying you) slagging off Negredo when the obvious is the lack of service he gets as like today it was Rhodes turn. Poor performance today from our team against an average team playing an average match. Shame really but we are allowed them and I'm sure the Boro will be a tad disappointed.

If negrado has put in the performence Rhodes did there would have been hell on

After that first half, I was really optimistic and it looked like we could actually win this, if the players kept that attitude and direct play...

What happened????? (genuine question) How could we be so frustrating bad all over the pitch?

Southampton were only good, when we made them look good...

Why would we play half an hour, looking happy to lose 1-0 ?

Anti climax of the year this one... (like Watford game)

Even Maddison is calling us in the nicest possible way.  It's just going to be  a worrying end of  season, probably down to the wire. Yuck!

We have all our eggs in AK keeping us up, yey or ney, nobody knows?

It's a a gamble, that's for sure?

Gibson is gambling with our future and will sell if we stay up, that's my opinion. Let's see what happens ?

It's one thing what ak says to the public and another what he says to the players in the dressing room.

I'm sorry if it looked like I was using Rhodes as a scapegoat - I wasn't. All our attackers were poor today and offered very little. However with the way we set up its very clear that Rhodes isn't suited for our system and its pointless to play him. It's the systems flaw and not Rhodes per se. He isn't a battler and isn't intelligent enough when he has the ball. He won about 0 battles and when he finally got the ball in a decent position he blazed it embarrassingly wide instead of finding Fischer who was running clear between two defenders. Rhodes is not what this system needs and that's just how it is. Nothing personal but he's not the kind of striker we can play.

Apparently we did almost everything and Karanka is happy with the players who played.

From the BBC wesbsite.

"We did almost everything, I can't say anything about the players. We kept working but in the Premier League you have to score your chances.

"We finished the first half well and I said we had to keep that intensity but they started the second half better than us. We're improving and growing, especially in defence."

On the injured Negredo and Ramirez: "It would be easy to say we missed them but we win and lose as a team and I am happy with the players who played."

Jesus Christ the man is delusional.

Even Maddison is calling us in the nicest possible way.  It's just going to be  a worrying end of  season, probably down to the wire. Yuck!

We have all our eggs in AK keeping us up, yey or ney, nobody knows?

It's a a gamble, that's for sure?

Gibson is gambling with our future and will sell if we stay up, that's my opinion. Let's see what happens ?

Mate I'm gonna put you out of your misery. There is absolutely no way Gibson is going to sack Karanka in the near future. Unless we lose 5-6 in a row he's safe for the season, and I don't think we will.

I know you obviously want him gone, but I think your just going to have to put up with him for the season at least!

Do people still think Rhodes should be in the side over negrado?

We've got another in the battle against Rhodes. Said before the game he'd have deserved a medal getting a goal today with the players 'supporting' him and rightfully so, the lad never had a chance and Negredo would have done no different, in my opinion.

I don't see the difference in the argument of people....(not saying you) slagging off Negredo when the obvious is the lack of service he gets as like today it was Rhodes turn. Poor performance today from our team against an average team playing an average match. Shame really but we are allowed them and I'm sure the Boro will be a tad disappointed.

If negrado has put in the performence Rhodes did there would have been hell on

Well first of all, Negredo has been in the team. Consistently. There's no chance he can blame lack of match fitness now, that's a significant difference between the two. That's why people went from saying "He's got to be given more" to "He's got to give more" within the space of a month or 2.

Secondly, how much are we shelling out for Negredo? Rhodes is probably on a bumper deal himself but can't imagine it comes close to Negredo if we're trying to help Valencia pay back what they owe Man City.

And finally, Negredo is supposed to be the man for this system. And you can see it on his good days. His work in build up play can be great. Rhodes has never been fantastic in build up. All his career he's been a finisher.

So if you say to me "Well Negredo would have got bollocked for putting in that kind of performance"... well maybe he would. Because we expect more from him given that he's playing every game, he's paid more than well enough and he's meant to be our #1 striker, the striker for Karanka's system. Rhodes is none of those.

But even after saying all this, only one thing is relevant for today's game. Rhodes got no chances and regardless of which way you try and put it, that's not down to him. I also don't think Negredo would have got a chance either in that line-up.