Boro v Southampton (A) 0-1

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

The thing which worries me the most is the fact we've spent around 15m on absolute rubbish.. I mean I thought after I posted the De Roon thread strangely enough his performances picked up and then after his little episode at Leciester he's just gone back to his earlier season poor form and it baffles me as to what our scouting network saw in him. As for the other other 3m I'm on about Victor Fischer, now personally I cannot see what he brings either? He doesn't really have a great deal of pace and his supposedly best asset, his shooting also looks poor. He missed a great opportunity today and should also have scored against Hull.

I'm just hoping our recruitment is a lot stronger in January and we don't end up with another De Pena situation...

What a waste of time and effort going to the match, the only good thing was meeting up with everyone.

I can not think of anything good to say about the team nor the Manager whatsoever.

Then stuck in traffic for an hour getting out of the place made the day even worse

Karanka out is the boro equivalent of leicesters tinker man out calls

Not really.  One won a Premier League title on a relative shoestring budget and one got a promotion at the second time of asking after spending a fortune.  The two achievements aren't even close to being the same thing.

The thing which worries me the most is the fact we've spent around 15m on absolute rubbish.. I mean I thought after I posted the De Roon thread strangely enough his performances picked up and then after his little episode at Leciester he's just gone back to his earlier season poor form and it baffles me as to what our scouting network saw in him. As for the other other 3m I'm on about Victor Fischer, now personally I cannot see what he brings either? He doesn't really have a great deal of pace and his supposedly best asset, his shooting also looks poor. He missed a great opportunity today and should also have scored against Hull.

I'm just hoping our recruitment is a lot stronger in January and we don't end up with another De Pena situation..

Are we talking about the same Fischer who scored against Hull but was marginally offside and disallowed, or the Fischer who set Ramirez goal against Hull or is it the Fischer who skinned 2 players in the first few minutes today put the ball to Rhodes who should of scored or os it the Fischer who broke clear today with a defender over him like a rash and a keeper cutting his angle and the ball fell to Stuani who should of scored please remind me what he doesn't give to the team.

Not really.  One won a Premier League title on a relative shoestring budget and one got a promotion at the second time of asking after spending a fortune.  The two achievements aren't even close to being the same thing.

One won the league with a small team and one won promotion with a team he took over at the bottom levels of the championship I'd say similar if people call for thier heads the season after big success

He handballed it against Hull and he was offside.

He took a corner.

Did well for the Rhodes thing.

He didn't break clear, it was a mistake from a Southampton player and he wasn't quick or strong enough to capitalise. If he had we'd have been 1-0 up.

I don't get what Barca watched in Fischer. Maybe I'm missing it and I accept he is still adjusting but he average pace no real tricks no outstanding ability ...just don't get he is ever going to be great

Just got home after a crap journey both getting out of Southampton and then the wonderful M25

As to be expected some of the negative stuff is verging (scrub that ... fully over the verge) of hysterical but hey ho

Clear that without Ramirez we lack an inventive spark. Team tried hard enough but the quality in the final third was poor. Felt sorry for Rhodes as the poor lad didn't get a decent pass all game and like others was dumfounded that AK didn't bring on Traore earlier to add some pace on the break. Whole team were poor second half but Fischer in particular faded and we eventually got what we deserved.

He took a corner.

He didn't break clear, it was a mistake from a Southampton player and he wasn't quick or strong enough to capitalise. If he had we'd have been 1-0 up.

I'm not convinced he even did that well for the Rhodes opportunity early on, he kicked it against the Southampton player and it ended up at Rhodes. I don't believe he meant it at all

One won the league with a small team and one won promotion with a team he took over at the bottom levels of the championship I'd say similar if people call for thier heads the season after big success

One won the Premier League with a team that just escaped relegation and had a small budget.  He did something that may never be repeated and probably has nothing comparable to it in the whole history of the English game because money is very important now. Not only that but it was Leicester's first ever league title wasn't it?

The other did something that you've seen a few times already as a Boro fan.  He did it with a big budget.  The struggling team he took over shouldn't have been struggling at all.  There's no question that Karanka improved us but that's the sum total of it.  He didn't work miracles he just got us to where we should have been given the resources we had.

I can't even believe something like this is up for debate.  The two situations aren't comparable.

edit - I understand the point you're making about managers achieving something but I don't see those two things as being close to the same level of achievement, rich.

I think the results against man city and ***nal give us false hope that we were better than we actually are. We seem to lack the fight and aggression you see in other managers, burnley for instance ( wash my mouth out) say what you like about dyche but he knows now to get the best out of a team. Fortunatly for us there are worse teams. We havent over night become poor, as i said we've been blinded somewhat by recent results.I still believe as ive said lots of times AK is not the guy for this team to go forward and amazes me how many turn from his supporters to his haters after a defeat..at least i have been consistant in my views.

He took a corner.

He didn't break clear, it was a mistake from a Southampton player and he wasn't quick or strong enough to capitalise.  If he had we'd have been 1-0 up.

I'm not convinced he even did that well for the Rhodes opportunity early on, he kicked it against the Southampton player and it ended up at Rhodes. I don't believe he meant it at all

I was giving him credit for actually making it happen because if I don't Brunners will start talking *** about me as though I hate Fischer as opposed to just watching him kind of run around and not do much then saying he's just running around and not doing much.  All those PM's you sent about Brunners were spot on.