oneBoro Forum

Boro v Liverpool 0-3

Ravenelli.jpg

[align=center]Venue: Riverside Stadium

Date: 14/12/2016

KO Time: 19.45[/align]

TRANSFER EXCLUSIVE

JIM WHITE: We start of with some big breaking news, yes that's right breaking news on a M/D thread, let's head over to oneBoro news correspondent Tom for the latest...

sky-sports.jpg?w=620&h=352&crop=1

TOM: Yes, Jim. It's the news we've all been waiting for. It's been rumbling on for a while but it can now be confirmed that oneBoro have secured the services of KM for the January 2017 Transfer Window. oneBoro supremo DS is delighted with the signing, he says: "KM is as good as it gets. Without KM we may as well not even have a Transfer Thread".

Anyway, enough of me for now, did someone say Boro v Liverpool?

INTRODUCTION

Right, have we recovered from yesterday yet? Just imagine what oneBoro favourite Naughty Boy would have been going through! Does this match even need an introduction?

A sold out Riverside Stadium welcome Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool on Wednesday night. After a blistering start to the season Liverpool's form has dipped in recent weeks. The obvious weaknesses in their defence have cost them big time having lost 4-3 at Bournemouth and then only managing a 2-2 draw at home to West Ham. It's at the other end where they are a match for anyone. Mane leads their scoring charts with 7 league goals.

Boro will be looking to make amends for a terrible day out on the South coast yesterday. The less said about it the better.

LAST TIME OUT

Boro and Liverpool last met in the league way back in February 2009 when Boro secured their first league win in 15 games thanks to an own goal from Alonso and a second from Tuncay Sanli. Remember him? He was good wasn't he? Not sure why so many weren't fond of him.

But the sides then met again in September 2014 in the Capital One Cup. That was a special night wasn't it! Boro took the tie to penalties thanks to a penalty from Paddy Bamford (I miss him :( ) in the 120th minute. Liverpool eventually came out winners after the shootout finished 14-13!

VIEW FROM THE OTHER SIDE

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/387715-Middlesbrough-vs-Liverpool-Wednesday-14th-Dec-KO-19-45

LINE UP AND SCORE PREDICTION

So what team would you like AK to put out? I hope Ramirez and Negredo are back but there are some rumours saying they could be out for a couple of weeks? We 100% have to start Traore. Why the **** has he even been dropped in the first place?

If we want to get anything out of this, we almost definitely have to score first. We are useless after going behind. I think the players will be well up for this, the fans will play their part, I'm going for 1-1.

CONGRATULATIONS MATT TERRY

;)

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow they are not optimistic on their side. Don't think any of them saw our game yesterday. But at home against a big team I fancy us to to something. It won't be up to us to create anything which should play into our hands.

Well I think Liverpool are struggling at the back. Southampton aren't. Southampton look pretty solid. They're scared of Traore attacking that back 4 and I'm not surprised. We should be testing that back 4 as much as possible for this game.

I think the problem Liverpool fans have is that they want to see this as a winnable game, they're chasing Chelsea at the top and have dropped 7 out of their last 12 points. They will see this as a must win to keep up with Chelsea's surge at the top.

So their concerns are pretty viable given that they're coming up against a good defence and have a poor defence who they're afraid will mess up one way or another. Karius in goal is really not helping their nerves right now.

I reckon this is a winnable game if we try. If we don't, I think we can at least nick a point. I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

Nobody cares about Naughty Boy, stop bringing him up.

Adama has to start over Stuani put I doubt that will happen.

Would it be worth playing Nugent against Liverpool so that he can harry their back line and keeper? Whether it is Karius or Mignolet, they both make similar mistakes IMO.

I'd also start Leadbitter over de Roon, I think he has been poor over the last few games and I think it's time to give Leadbitter a start.

My team would be:

Valdes

Barragan

Chambers

Gibson

Fabio

Clayton

Leadbitter

Forshaw

Adama

Fischer

Nugent/Rhodes

Valdes

Barragan, Chambers, Gibbo, Fabio : Defense is a no brainer (if Friend still is injured)

Forshaw, De Roon, Clayton: Midfield(No brainer, but I would put on Leadbitter, if one of the 3 musketeers looks off key)

Traore, Downing (We need to counter attacks from this offensive line and I choose Downing over Stuani)

Fischer (Why not try FIscher in attack? He could attribute to the counter attacks and he can run in the pockets in that semi bad Liverpool defense)

This kind of game, we know how to play .. It's defend and counter.. and everything else but a loss is a bonus.

Against weaker opponents (Hull) we can play with a lot of possession wit some success... Our problems are playing (equal teams) Palace, Watford, Southampton, west Brom, Westham .. those games gave us 2 points ... Hmmmm

I really don't hope we have top play weak (strength wise) players like Fischer or Rhodes up top. It just doesnt suit our system and it will be way to easy for Liverpool. Negredo simply has to be fit again. If Negredo isn't fir then I have no idea who to start.

I really don't hope we have top play weak (strength wise) players like Fischer or Rhodes up top. It just doesnt suit our system and it will be way to easy for Liverpool. Negredo simply has to be fit again. If Negredo isn't fir then I have no idea who to start.

I see that Fischer is turning into a boo boy for some people on here, but I also see others, who wanna give him the time needed to develop - He is still young, and I think he sooner than later will come good. 

Negredo would be first choice if fit, but if not, I can't see why Fischer could'nt get the striker nod.. He could find them pockets, I guess

Not a boo boy on my account and neither is Rhodes. I just don't think they suit our system to play up top. Neither of them are strong enough to play alone up top. If we ever were to go 4-4-2 then I'd like to see them alongside Negredo, but that's not going to happen.

I see that Fischer is turning into a boo boy for some people on here, but I also see others, who wanna give him the time needed to develop - He is still young, and I think he sooner than later will come good. 

Negredo would be first choice if fit, but if not, I can't see why Fischer could'nt get the striker nod.. He could find them pockets, I guess

Is sooner than later before the end of this season? If not it's not that much use right now and he shouldn't be playing.

In the first message on this forum I mentioned that I'm more a Liverpool fan but also have a lot of sympathy to the Boro in England. I started watching two teams even in the same year, 2005, but Liverpool earlier a bit that's why I'm more a Liverpool fan probably. Anyway the upcoming match is very hard for me because I really like the Boro and I don't even know who to support that day hahaha.

As a person who watches almost every match of Liverpool and the Boro (sometimes I was watching my local team on the stadium while the Boro or LFC were playing) I can say that it's really difficult to predict the result. The Liverpool defence is utterly poor. No comments on the GK. Liverpool concede goals almost every single match. Both matches when they kept clean sheet ended 0-0 and only one match against Sunderland ended with 3 points. Countinho is off so you can see Liverpool lack creativity. It's not the best days for the team.

Regarding the Boro I think that AK will try to play the same way like it was against ***nal or City. The only problem is the last match against Southampton. That was really awful. A lot of people will say that Liverpool is a favorite in this game but I wouldn't say so. If the Boro keep their well organised defence and try to be more clinical in attack then it's probably 1-0 or 2-0 Boro. But my prediction is a draw. Both teams are struggling in the final third so scoring goals will be a problem for both teams.

Some offtop if you let me. What do you think of LFC supporters? Is there any hate? If I'm not mistaken a lot of people in England hate scousers so that's why it's interesting for me to know your thoughts.

Sorry my English :-(

And yeah. Adama Traore can be a real problem for Milner on the LB. Probably Klopp will use Moreno in the starting lineup but even if so Moreno always loses position on the field so I will hardly understand Karanka if he goes with Stuani or somebody else on the right wing.

In the first message on this forum I mentioned that I'm more a Liverpool fan but also have a lot of sympathy to the Boro in England. I started watching two teams even in the same year, 2005, but Liverpool earlier a bit that's why I'm more a Liverpool fan probably. Anyway the upcoming match is very hard for me because I really like the Boro and I don't even know who to support that day hahaha.

As a person who watches almost every match of Liverpool and  the Boro (sometimes I was watching my local team on the stadium while the Boro or LFC were playing) I can say that it's really difficult to predict the result. The Liverpool defence is utterly poor. No comments on the GK. Liverpool concede goals almost every single match. Both matches when they kept clean sheet ended 0-0 and only one match against Sunderland ended with 3 points. Countinho is off so you can see Liverpool lack creativity. It's not the best days for the team.

Regarding the Boro I think that AK will try to play the same way like it was against ***nal or City. The only problem is the last match against Southampton. That was really awful. A lot of people will say that Liverpool is a favorite in this game but I wouldn't say so. If the Boro keep their well organised defence and try to be more clinical in attack then it's probably 1-0 or 2-0 Boro. But my prediction is a draw. Both teams are struggling in the final third so scoring goals will be a problem for both teams.  

Some offtop if you let me. What do you think of LFC supporters? Is there any hate? If I'm not mistaken a lot of people in England hate scousers so that's why it's interesting for me to know your thoughts.

Sorry my English :-(

And yeah. Adama Traore can be a real problem for Milner on the LB. Probably Klopp will use Moreno in the starting lineup but even if so Moreno always loses position on the field so I will hardly understand Karanka if he goes with Stuani or somebody else on the right wing.

No hate for Scousers from us as far as I'm aware. Any animosity towards Liverpool fans is from a perceived sense of entitlement as some tend to believe they're underperforming and should be fighting for the title season after season (granted this was most prevalent after they got shot of Benitez and had a spell of less successful managers). Other than that Liverpool & Man U hating is more common on the West coast where a lot of teams have been living in the shadows of the above 2 for many years.

We can manage a draw against Liverpool, but if they turn up and perform to their best we'll walk away with nothing. They're the type of team I expect to thoroughly rinse us to be honest. They defend so differently to just about any other team we've played as they press high up the pitch and try to win the ball back in your half. The only other times I've seen that happen to us this season were the first halves against City and Spurs where we were utterly ruined and in both games should have conceded more than we did.

Our only real hope is for Traore to be on form. if he can beat 1 or 2 men then he should have acres of space to bomb into. I thoroughly expect Klopp to outline that though and ensure he's being pressed by 2 players any time the ball comes near him.

Karius is definitely a weak link, but it's getting the ball into an area where we can cause Karius problems that I think we'll struggle with. If AK has something about him then we'll have someone on Karius in any set piece situation to try and block him from getting to the ball and take advantage of any spills. We will neeed gifts from liverpool to manage a result against them

Traore has to play, if he doesn't we lose in my opinion.

100%. I'd hope the only reason he didn't play against Saints was because Karanka had 1 eye on this one.

Traore has to play, if he doesn't we lose in my opinion.

100%. I'd hope the only reason he didn't play against Saints was because Karanka had 1 eye on this one.

I did start thinking that during the first half yesterday, hopefully it means 90 minutes from him against both Liverpool and Swansea.