• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I understand that's what he believes because that's what he wrote down, i'm interested to know why he thinks that.

Well, I think front three is a choice of Traore, downing, ramirez (if fit) Fischer, stuani (injured).

its basically a null choice as its either start the remaining 3 or have nsue play as a RW.

either way if ramirez plays, i'd suggest that fischer is more likely to bring the game to swansea than downing would, which in turn would help to push us more up the top end of the field and may have something to prove. True downing does also, but I dont really see him pushing up too much.

Its 50-50 and more than likely a predecided anyway depending on ramirez's fitness.

I understand that's what he believes because that's what he wrote down, i'm interested to know why he thinks that.

Well, I think front three is a choice of Traore, downing, ramirez (if fit) Fischer, stuani (injured).

its basically a null choice as its either start the remaining 3 or have nsue play as a RW.

either way if ramirez plays, i'd suggest that fischer is more likely to bring the game to swansea than downing would, which in turn would help to push us more up the top end of the field and may have something to prove. True downing does also, but I dont really see him pushing up too much.

Its 50-50 and more than likely a predecided anyway depending on ramirez's fitness.

Fair assessment, but all i see from Fischer is him making the wrong runs, down blinds alleys and missing the killer pass. At least with Downing we have better game management with a better delivery and more balls in to the box. Granted both players like to recycle the ball and keep possession over taking a risk but Downing for me all day long.

Sorry lads and lasses. I've ended up on a bender with no end in sight. So I will not be doing any updates to the opening post at least for tonight. Please forgive me, I know not what I do.

I think you know exactly what you do and probably what you will do later :)

Fair assessment, but all i see from Fischer is him making the wrong runs, down blinds alleys and missing the killer pass. At least with Downing we have better game management with a better delivery and more balls in to the box. Granted both players like to recycle the ball and keep possession over taking a risk but Downing for me all day long.

That would be great if Downing actually did those things, which is think he doesn't do often enough. He is probably the best passer and crosser in the squad but he doesn't do it enough. Fischer at least challenges the other team. He is a lot more adventurous and more difficult to mark so I can see why AK picks him.

That would be great if Downing actually did those things, which is think he doesn't do often enough. He is probably the best passer and crosser in the squad but he doesn't do it enough. Fischer at least challenges the other team. He is a lot more adventurous and more difficult to mark so I can see why AK picks him.

And doesnt Fisher win us a fair few corners? It atleast feels like he does. I actually feel we should be much more of a threat with our corners and set pieces in general. One of the few times in a game we can commit a few bodies in the box. Fisher for me too.

Fischer over Downing all day long. Downing WAS good, but now he is too slow and plays it too safe, to ever be a threat or a treat.

WTF does Fischer have to do, to convince the last few of you, who doesn't see the fight, determination and approach he brings? He has that MADNESS we have been missing the last 3 years under Aitor Caramba ...

Try and look at his half against Liverpool, how often he keeps the ball in hard situations, with 2 or 3 oponents on his back, and still manages to pass it to a mate.

He also has a good corner kick - And yes it can be better, but at least it gave us two goals this season.

He improves game for game, and when he scores the first goal, he will believe even more and more goals will follow.

Fischer over Downing all day long. Downing WAS good, but now he is too slow and plays it too safe, to ever be a threat or a treat.

WTF does Fischer have to do, to convince the last few of you, who doesn't see the fight, determination and approach he brings? He has that MADNESS we have been missing the last 3 years under Aitor Caramba ...

Try and look at his half against Liverpool, how often he keeps the ball in hard situations, with 2 or 3 oponents on his back, and still manages to pass it to a mate.

He also has a good corner kick - And yes it can be better, but at least it gave us two goals this season.

He improves game for game, and when he scores the first goal, he will believe even more and more goals will follow.

You're speaking as if Fischer has been a stand out player in the last few games for us, he hasn't. He's been average at best IMO. So what he has to do in my opinion is show some form of outstanding attributes/skills as he hasn't done that so far and I really don't see what all the fuss is/was about him.

I never talked about skills, but WILL, Will.

He is improving and he will be better and better, cause he has the right attitude. He has only started 3 games. .. Try reading my post again.

He is going up, while Downing is becoming worse on his way down... Tha'ts my main point.

He is not mesiah and that's never been my opinion. But I prefer him over Downing...

Nope

What he has to do, before people see, what he can bring to the game.

He is not impressing yet, but he is on his way up ... and against Liverpool, he was playing well, that half he played.

But we can discuss from now to armagedon, only time will tell.

Downing just isn't the solution, can we agree on that? :P

Nope

What he has to do, before people see, what he can bring to the game.

He is not impressing yet, but he is on his way up ... and against Liverpool, he was playing well, that half he played.

But we can discuss from now to armagedon, only time will tell.

Downing just isn't the solution, can we agree on that? :P

We can agree on that. I'm not even necessarily wanting Fischer out (unless Gaston is back), I just am really struggling to see what he brings to our team. He's not bad but nothing I've seen of him so far is overly good either, just a bit 'meh' at the moment.

For me to see what he brings to the game he'd have to show it in a game, I haven't seen it yet, whatever it is. His close control is decent but I expect that of someone who came through the Ajax academy, he seems reasonably strong but that's not top of my list of desirable qualities in a winger.

Time will tell, if he keeps getting minutes on the pitch.

I just fear, that some people sees him as a Carlos De Pena flop.

I just like a player who has the right madness and who dares to shoot... Downing is the complete opposite. He passes safe backwards and never shoots.

I'd like to see Downing back in the team tomorrow. I thought he had a very good start to the season. We need some Premier League experience and grit in that midfield tomorrow. Same reason I'd probably bring Leadbitter back into the fold. We have two very big games now, we need all our leaders on the pitch.