• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We can win this match but need to start creating from our midfield and our 2 wide players ala Fischer and traore need to Tuck in more to support negrado and let our width come from the full backs.

Would like to see downing used in the midfield 3 as his presicion passing could open Swansea up!

Come on Boro!

Exactly, problem is it's the full backs who are tucking in and the wingers dropping deep(yas must of noticed Fabio and barragan sitting 10 yards infield and the wingers deep) like we play 7 across the back lol negativity, we need more forward thinking against teams like swansea and alike UTB!!!!

And doesnt Fisher win us a fair few corners? It atleast feels like he does. I actually feel we should be much more of a threat with our corners and set pieces in general. One of the few times in a game we can commit a few bodies in the box. Fisher for me too.

Possibly, but then he quite often takes them (if Downing isn't playing), and his delivery is terrible. Usually doesn't clear the first man.... so it doesn't really help.

And doesnt Fisher win us a fair few corners? It atleast feels like he does. I actually feel we should be much more of a threat with our corners and set pieces in general. One of the few times in a game we can commit a few bodies in the box. Fisher for me too.

Possibly, but then he quite often takes them (if Downing isn't playing), and his delivery is terrible. Usually doesn't clear the first man.... so it doesn't really help.

Amusingly he's got 2 assists from corners and I'm not even convinced we've scored any from corners without him taking them.

Was Ayalas header a corner or a free kick, I can't remember?

Boro 0 - 1 Swansea

Why?   

Give your reasons on the back of a £5 note and send it to me :)

:P

i just have a feeling we will make life difficult for ourselves again

a goaless first half with not much effort from both sides, then they go and score a goal of the season contender in the 78th minute

i'm not confident in this team to be honest, there is a lack of killer instinct and real quality going forward, Adama and Gaston need to play as much as possible.

One of the things I like about Fischer is he looks to shoot and he also appears quite accurate at it.

Something to go to sleep on...

Our players will wake up thinking the worst that can happen is Swansea go level on points if they lose...But Swanseas players will be facing a 6 point gap if they lose.

The onus should be on us to win as the home side but the pressure is certainly on them

Yes, good point. The more players we have who are prepared to shoot, the better. (And I'm not suggesting shoot on sight, but a few more shots wouldn't go amiss)!

Amusingly he's got 2 assists from corners and I'm not even convinced we've scored any from corners without him taking them.

Yeah, I know.... but "Give a thousand monkeys a thousand type writers....." and all that.

Our delivery from set pieces is poor. We waste SO MANY opportunities because we don't swing in balls that are difficult to deal with.

You've surely thought the same when watching Fischer take corners!?

Yeah, I know.... but "Give a thousand monkeys a thousand type writers....." and all that.

Our delivery from set pieces is poor. We waste SO MANY opportunities because we don't swing in balls that are difficult to deal with.

You've surely thought the same when watching Fischer take corners!?

Oh yeah no he blows most of them.

Just find it funny that he's STILL the best we've got regardless of that. We really suck.

The players seem to rise to these big games for the most part. I think they know that they have to attack today and Swansea will come to frustrate as much as possible.

I just hope we play in front of their goal rather than pointless crosses into the box. I think we will win.

Fisher and Negredo

I liked it better when we played those clever short corners in the championship.

We've tried a few of those this year and we have sucked at those too. Guess they've figured better to at least have the chance of a lucky bounce/deflection rather than just completely waste it by taking it short.

I see no reason why we can't win this one. Swansea have struggled all year long and although they've picked up a couple of wins lately they've also been well beaten a couple of times. The concede goals and whilst we don't score many I think we'll struggle to find opponents that potentially give us more of a chance of recording a 'comfortable' win. I think we can win this by a couple of goals. As much as I'm not impressed by much I've seen so far from him, it'd be great for Fischer to get a goal and might just settle him into the side a bit more. I think Negredo getting another goal would be useful as well. We seem to be wedded to this guy as first choice regardless of how he plays so it'd be better for us if he's playing well and with confidence. Another goal could help with that. I could see this going a similar way to the Bournemouth game perhaps where we're never properly on top but we score first and then go on and win the game.