oneBoro Forum

Boro v Swansea City 3-0

I think we will not see Fischer until the new year so a chance for Downing to bloody well pull his socks up and address the reasons as to why AK dropped him.

or we play Ramirez to the left and Adama to the right

Here i am, stuck in the middle with you.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we will not see Fischer until the new year so a chance for Downing to bloody well pull his socks up and address the reasons as to why AK dropped him.

or we play Ramirez to the left and Adama to the right

Here i am, stuck in the middle with you.

Against Burnley I think Downing will start with Gaston. Definitely Traore for the United game though.

Thought Downing did ok yesterday. Especially defensively when Barragan went to ground which left him hopelessly out of position it was Stewy that did the covering. Don't think you'd get that from Fischer. Yes Fischer shoots more but he's not as good defensively.

We didn't really have any foothold in the game yesterday until Downing came on, obviously he isn't the reason we won but I think his calmness and composure on the ball were a contributing factor to us slowly growing into the game.

Now that Friend is back, I would rather use Fabio as winger than Downing :)

But aint that the beauty of soccer/football, everyone has their opinion.

E=mc2

Could I still be drunk from last nights x-mas party? :P

Now that Friend is back, I would rather use Fabio as winger than Downing :)

But aint that the beauty of soccer/football, everyone has their opinion.

E=mc2

Could I still be drunk from last nights x-mas party? :P

Lord knows I am!

I think downing shoots more than any other of our attacking midfielders. He gets accused of passing backwards a lot bit I've no idea how anyone can suggest he doesn't shoot a lot

We all remember the Downing of old. That's what we all want to see again and when he doesn't, its viewed as he's under performing or hiding. His game has changed due to age and what he's asked to do. Recently people have been applauding Fischers willingness to shoot but when downing does it he was slated for putting it straight at the keeper. Forgetting it was 25yrds out on his weaker foot , I don't get the stream of negativity that is directed at him some times

Also the reffing performance was one of the better ones, although there were still a few weird decisions in there.

Think Barragan was very very lucky not to give a penalty away when grappling with his guy on a corner/freekick (can't exactly remember what it was) and also the throw in to set up the penalty was about as blatant a foul throw as you'll ever see, he really needs to work on those - and is lucky that didn't get called also.

All in all though, nowhere near the worst reffing we've seen this season which is about as high a praise as I can offer.

Great to see Downing back in the side. You could tell the rest of the side have more confidence in Downing the way they kept trying to find him. He looked a little rusty at times but his range of passing is huge asset. Funnily enough i think Traore could be used well against Burnley so i wouldn't be surprised to see him in.

In the long term Downing has to start on the wide. As much as i clearly don't want to see any Boro player injured, Fischer's injury may be a blessing in disguise.

Great to see Downing back in the side. You could tell the rest of the side have more confidence in Downing the way they kept trying to find him. He looked a little rusty at times but his range of passing is huge asset. Funnily enough i think Traore could be used well against Burnley so i wouldn't be surprised to see him in.

In the long term Downing has to start on the wide. As much as i clearly don't want to see any Boro player injured, Fischer's injury may be a blessing in disguise.

I personally though Downing was a bit of a weak link. Kept the ball nicely enough but didn't offer all that much IMO.

Interestingly just looked it up, Forshaw managed 100% pass accuracy against Swansea!