• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Worst performance of the season according to Ak...  Not sure I agree with that! Think he's just trolling us at this point

I thought that was an odd comment.  I can only image he meant it was our worst performance out of our wins? He said something like 'it's our biggest victory but our worst performance'.

I still don't agree with him like.

Good result to cancel out Wednesdays game. Clean sheet, goal difference restored, and stuffed a relegation candidate. These are the games that make all the difference at the end of the season.

Worst performance of the season according to Ak...  Not sure I agree with that! Think he's just trolling us at this point

I thought that was an odd comment.  I can only image he meant it was our worst performance out of our wins? He said something like 'it's our biggest victory but our worst performance'.

I still don't agree with him like.

Honestly, apart from the goals, we didn't do well, did we? I don't agree with the commentators saying we were better in all departments. 

Our defending was poor relative to what we've shown before. We didn't hold the ball well. This has got to be one of the games with most hoofed balls. 

We didn't challenge the flanks, and we didn't look threatening.. again, apart from the goals.

First 10 mins absolutely shocking, confidence was down, the old adage goals win games or goals change games, never a truer word. The game turned on its head once that first goal went in. Got in and stuck final scores on, Dion Dublin praised the boro defence and rightly so they can snuff out most teams in the league(that's most), not complaining about anything or anyone result is the main thing can go out and get pished even watch m.o.t.d and enjoy with a good win bring on the flat caps and whippets. Good weekend all... BOOOOSH!!!! ...UTB!!!!

I thought we played alright to be honest. Think the score line flattered us, but definitely deserved winners.

As I said earlier, really impressed with Negredo's general play today, and took goals well. After our first went in, there was no way we weren't winning, we managed to keep Swanseas chances down to a minimum and they ended up resorting to long range chances. We managed to keep Sigurdsson quiet too, which I thought would be key to winning the match. Really rate the guy, and if Swansea went down I'd love it if Boro went and bought him in the summer.

Thought Ramirez and Fabio played well, De Roon too. He pressed well and took his chance. Only slight concern for me was Barragan's performance again, would put Fabio at RB against Burnley.

Swansea need rid of Bradley. Think if he stays for the season then they're doomed personally.

Phew, big win that, big big win.

It was good to see Ramirez back in the side before kick off. I thought we didn't start particularly well and up until the goal we seemed tentative/apprehensive. It felt as if we were making too many mistakes and if anything Swansea appeared to have gotten into the game more easily than we did. However the goal settled us down and the second goal within 10 mins or so was great really as it put us in the driving seat and allowed us to play the exact sort of game Karanka probably wanted us to. I said before the game that it might go a bit like Bournemouth and it was kind of like that with them dominating possession but us having the cutting edge. It's a funny one but I don't think we actually played that well in a way. I'd love to see what our passing accuracy stats were as it just felt that almost across the board we kept giving sloppy passes away or we'd play a ball and the intended target hadn't made the run. The third goal was just lovely football and great to see that we are capable of this kind of stuff.

Positives other than the obvious win and three goals would firstly be the midfield three for me. How strange a game is it when Clayton goes down the left hand side, does a step over and sets up a goal, Forshaw drives into the area and wins a penna and de Roon bags a goal?! Lol, bizarre. But it was great to see and really we need a bit more of it from the three of them. I think each of them probably made more mistakes than I'd like to see but they contributed to three goals and you can't argue with that. It was great to see Negredo looking like the beast. I said after the Liverpool game we needed to see the beast this weekend and we got a decent look at him I think. The first goal was a super finish and his penalty was cool as you like. I wanted a goal for him before the game and it was great to see not just one but two. Ramirez was bright with some nice touches, lovely ball in for the third goal. Getting Friend on for a little while was useful as well and he had a few decent runs up field. Other than that I think everyone was sort of ok but I really didn't see that as a top performance so it was no more than ok.

Negatives would be Fischer and his injury. I hope it's not too bad. It's hard enough when he's trying to establish himself in the team but when he's also had a bad injury relatively recently as well :( I felt our passing throughout the team was below par, which is one of the reasons I'm saying I don't think we played that well. It's a weird thing to say when you've won 3-0 and will no doubt lead to accusations of negativity but it's just how I felt during and after the game. I also thought defensively we weren't at our best again. I think Swansea were able to get through us, particularly in midfield, just a bit too easily.

Overall, we won a game we had to win and when the pressure was on. We scored three goals and the midfield made a real contribution to the result in more than just a defensive way. It'd be easy to say it was Swansea and they aren't very good and that's certainly true. They are awful defensively and I think a few of their players aren't really putting it in to be honest. Too many fair weather players. But that would be a little unkind to us to be fair. I don't think we played that well and we'll probably play better and lose this season. I suspect Karanka will be unhappy with certain things but we were clinical and we haven't been clinical often enough this season. We deserved the win on the back of that and the beers will taste that bit nicer tonight.

Just read a lot of comments on Swanseas match review post. Thy are fuming and they blame the ref, well some of them. Others say, they have a nice team without defence... Only a few thought we were the better team.

We didn't play that well, but the result was nice

UTB!