oneBoro Forum

Boro v Burnley (A) 0-1

We had far too many average players playing today... Barragan, De Roon and Stuani all aren't good enough. Stuani is probably one of the most limited PL footballers I've ever seen. Chambers was also very poor today and relied on Gibson quite a few times to get him out of trouble. Valdes should have saved the goal. And don't even get me started on the ref... Apalling... Apparantly football is now a non contact sport. And the free kick for the goal was taken about 10 yards further forward than where the foul took place. Makes the Leicester game massive now!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a regular or big poster but yesterday felt like a watershed moment in some ways, so here I go...   We kept the ball well for long spells in the second half, albeit without opening them up a singl

Some big statements on here. As much as Karanka frustrates me too, he's not gking anywhere this season, so calls for his head are pretty irrelevant.

As far as results go, we were quite lucky that everyone else has seemed to have lost also, but the performance was boring and negative, but as I said, all too familiar.

I want us to stay up and I suppose if this way of playing does allow us to it'll be worth it, but the way we play these days has got to be the most negative and soul destroying way, since I've been following the Boro in the late 80s.

Furious with that sh*t

Always so fecking negative, we were playing Burnley ffs

Stuani horrible AGAIN

No subs AGAIN

We had a whole season to show how much better we are than Burnley in the Championship but we weren't and still aren't so deal with it and stop pointing the finger.

I have no idea what you are waffling on about. If you are happy with that sh*t then fair enough. But I can point the finger at whoever I want.

If we can't have a go at a bang average team like Burnley then when exactly can we?

Against a really really *** team like Swansea :D

Feel like we're going to go through the same cycle of discussions about Karanka, Stuani etc all season with no end.

Hopefully January can paper over a few cracks.

After the Southampton game I was livid and felt raging at Aitor's lack of ambition, but at least they are a better team. We have just went to *** Burnley and accepted a 1-0 defeat because the manager is too much of a *****bag to attack. I'm usually the optimistic one who thinks people need to calm down and stop overreacting but I've nearly had it with Aitor. It's all well and good being solid at the back but actively choosing to keep your best attacking players on the bench and going for the game plan of hoping to not concede and score a free kick or something is utter rubbish to watch. And when we do try that and then concede, to not even try to get back into it is a *** disgrace.

Traore is not nearly a***st our best attacking players. He is someone that can run fast and do a few fancy dribbles but most of what he does is completely useless.

It gives us something different though and at least its a threat, what does Stuani offer?

Furious with that sh*t

Always so fecking negative, we were playing Burnley ffs

Stuani horrible AGAIN

No subs AGAIN

We had a whole season to show how much better we are than Burnley in the Championship but we weren't and still aren't so deal with it and stop pointing the finger.

Really? So you just stick your head in the sand until it's too late?

People are perfectly entitled to get fed up with AK. They probably don't need you always coming on here lecturing that it's unreasonable.

Why is my point of view a lecture, I just don't agree with some comments. I basically don't slags off the manager every time we don't get a result. I am allowed my reasonable point of view that does not come on here swearing and saying horrible things about the players and manager. I do consider and understand it comes with being a fan, I'm shouting at the TV here in Dubai but can control what I write. Sorry if my defence of the manager is upsetting you and others.

Thought the teams were much of a muchness really - that shot was about the only thing Gray did all game, and Valdes should have parried it away rather than letting it dribble past him. Not sure I saw any desperate desire to win in Burnley that was missing in us. Two teams that struggled to keep the ball for any length of time, and the goal came from a route one combination the likes of which Paul Wilkinson and John Hendrie used to enjoy. As much as people are criticising Stuani - and I ain't saying he was great, no one was for us, really - he had our best chances, so he was in the right place for those. Ramirez our best player by far, pretty much our only creative spark throughout the game.

After the Southampton game I was livid and felt raging at Aitor's lack of ambition, but at least they are a better team. We have just went to *** Burnley and accepted a 1-0 defeat because the manager is too much of a *****bag to attack. I'm usually the optimistic one who thinks people need to calm down and stop overreacting but I've nearly had it with Aitor. It's all well and good being solid at the back but actively choosing to keep your best attacking players on the bench and going for the game plan of hoping to not concede and score a free kick or something is utter rubbish to watch. And when we do try that and then concede, to not even try to get back into it is a *** disgrace.

Traore is not nearly a***st our best attacking players. He is someone that can run fast and do a few fancy dribbles but most of what he does is completely useless.

It gives us something different though and at least its a threat, what does Stuani offer?

Nothing. Well he does offer some hight but doesn't really use it. But that doesn't make Traore better. Downing should definately have started. Or Fabio with Friend behind.

5 months out of the country and I come back to that. No ambition,no pace,no tactical substitutions, it is going to be a long hard winter make no mistake. Someone should check to make sure that Karanka has not had a sneaky bet with Willism Hill on the Boro being relegated with a new record for lack of goals conceded!

I know we've only lost 1-0, but I am so done with Karanka.

Playing against Burnley we have had the chance to attack and take the game to them. Instead, we play Stuani who misses chances and doesn't even do anything.

It's pathetic and worst of all, predictable. How embarrassing to bring your most pacey striker on with 4 minutes left. The same in the other matches where he didn't make any impact.  

What a joke.

But I had a fiver on Gray to score and Burnley to win 1-0.

The only joke is your reaction to the result because as disappointed as I am we deserved  a draw we are not head and shoulders a better team than Burnley but we more than matched them.

My reaction? How is that result any different from Southampton? What is Karanka learning? Terrible. It's not just an over reaction from one game, his game management is so so so bad.

As frustrating as that was it almost worked. Stuani missed a sitter and Valdes should have done much better.

However when it didn't work you need to change it quicker than he did. Not saying traore is the answer but there are other things he can do.

Gonna be a long season

As frustrating as that was it almost worked. Stuani missed a sitter and Valdes should have done much better.

However when it didn't work you need to change it quicker than he did. Not saying traore is the answer but there are other things he can do.

Gonna be a long season

It was always going to be a long season, but we're still on track.