oneBoro Forum

Boro v Burnley (A) 0-1

If its true that Ak has told players after this match they can leave (Rumoured) then i can see him walking out again..this time for good. Time for a new manager to give it a go with the transfer window beckoning. UTB

He said it in his pre match press conference, there is no rumour about it. There was no anger involved, just players being told that they can leave because they aren't involved. Stop looking for negatives.

What part of this was looking for negitives, simply repeating another comment hence the rumour bit added...didnt say it was fact ffs. Oh i remember now im not allowed to say anything negitive as this makes me a "bed wetter" and a doom merchant

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a regular or big poster but yesterday felt like a watershed moment in some ways, so here I go...   We kept the ball well for long spells in the second half, albeit without opening them up a singl

If its true that Ak has told players after this match they can leave (Rumoured) then i can see him walking out again..this time for good. Time for a new manager to give it a go with the transfer window beckoning. UTB

He said it in his pre match press conference, there is no rumour about it. There was no anger involved, just players being told that they can leave because they aren't involved. Stop looking for negatives.

What part of this was looking for negitives, simply repeating another comment hence the rumour bit added...didnt say it was fact ffs. Oh i remember now im not allowed to say anything negitive as this makes me a "bed wetter" and a doom merchant

Yes it does... now go dry your eyes (and your duvet) ;)

Can I just ask what were people expecting this season because we're having the same disagreements after every single defeat? I really couldn't give a dam about the performances as long as we stay up. We're a newly promoted side if you were expecting this season to be anything but a long hard slog you've got it all wrong. And we still haven't been in the bottom 3 all season.

I may have you confused with someone else, and whilst I completely agree with the sbove, I don't believe that's what you were saying after Soton was it?

Can I just ask what were people expecting this season because we're having the same disagreements after every single defeat? I really couldn't give a dam about the performances as long as we stay up. We're a newly promoted side if you were expecting this season to be anything but a long hard slog you've got it all wrong. And we still haven't been in the bottom 3 all season.

I can accept losing to teams in the top half having set up defensively to try and get a point.

But I expect us to have the balls to go to Burnley for a win. Not a draw. That's what I expect from this season.

And don't tell me it's how we play away from home, because we set up exactly the same at home. That's just his philosophy. Don't risk going forward because defense is our main priority.

Against better teams I haven't got a problem, but it's against Burnley for God sake.

I can accept losing to teams in the top half having set up defensively to try and get a point.

But I expect us to have the balls to go to Burnley for a win. Not a draw. That's what I expect from this season.

And don't tell me it's how we play away from home, because we set up exactly the same at home. That's just his philosophy. Don't risk going forward because defense is our main priority.

Against better teams I haven't got a problem, but it's against Burnley for God sake.

I get where you are coming from but let's face it, he's not going to change his philosophy. He has 100% trust in his own style, it's worked for him since the day he joined. Isn't his win % the best out of any Boro manager? I've sort of accepted that now, as long as he gets us the results I'm not too fussed on style. All I want is survival and then build again in the summer. But I get the impression he won't be here next season whatever league we're in so you haven't got long left of his brand of football. :P

I think Karanka will keep us up in the prem (just about), hes had 2 wonderful seasons building and getting us into the prem for this he should be thanked and respected by the boro fans. His stubbornness to only play one way frustrates me and he keeps bringing in players he does not want for instance rhodes, de pena, de sart or guzan which is bizarre and we cant afford to waste money.

If we keep playing the karanka way with no plan b, we will not progress up the table or score many goals but i think but we will just about survive due to our defence year in year out. In my opinion, if we just survive this season karanka has done a fantastic job. But what I think after this season the boro fans and Steve Gibson have got to decide whether they want to just survive year in year out or take a chance on another manager with more a attacking philosophy but we may go down in the process.

We've beat Sunderland, Hull, Swansea and Bournemouth playing this way and very nearly beat Leicester. We're not going to win every game agaisnt our rivals, that's unrealistic, but if we continue winning most of them (as we are) then Karankas style is fine by me.

Can I just ask what  were people expecting this season because we're having the same disagreements after every single defeat? I really couldn't give a dam about the performances as long as we stay up. We're a newly promoted side if you were expecting this season to be anything but a long hard slog you've got it all wrong. And we still haven't been in the bottom 3 all season.

We've beat Sunderland, Hull, Swansea and Bournemouth playing this way and very nearly beat Leicester. We're not going to win every game agaisnt our rivals, that's unrealistic, but if we continue winning most of them (as we are) then Karankas style is fine by me.

Very poor display. Both team wise and managerially, the performance was not up to par by any stretch of the imagination. Carry on though if you want to kiss AK's hairy ass. He's as good as his last game and that effort was pathetic.

Can I just ask what  were people expecting this season because we're having the same disagreements after every single defeat? I really couldn't give a dam about the performances as long as we stay up. We're a newly promoted side if you were expecting this season to be anything but a long hard slog you've got it all wrong. And we still haven't been in the bottom 3 all season.

Very poor display. Both team wise and managerially, the performance was not up to par by any stretch of the imagination. Carry on though if you want to kiss AK's hairy ass. He's as good as his last game and that effort was pathetic.

Where were you after the Swansea game?

Fairly poor performance. And a bad mistake from Valdes (who otherwise has done reasonably well this season) to concede late on (when it would have been a great point). Happens.

But I haven't a problem with anything AK has done this season. If anything, I applaud him for switching from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 in order to protect us in the middle of the park after an obvious step up in opposition (a tactical change I never thought I'd see him make). And if you're a newly promoted or obvious bottom half / bottom third team, then the #1 priority is to shore up the defence. You build from the back, and defensively we have been fantastic.

If anything I'm excited about our future prospects, not concerned about out future approach. Survive the season. Keep AK. Maintain our solid back-line. And bring in some more creative quality in the summer (or with any luck some in January) who can fit seamlessly into our system. And then there's no reason we can't secure ourselves a safe mid-table position in future seasons and kick on from there.

Fairly poor performance. And a bad mistake from Valdes (who otherwise has done reasonably well this season) to concede late on (when it would have been a great point). Happens.

But I haven't a problem with anything AK has done this season. If anything, I applaud him for switching from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 in order to protect us in the middle of the park after an obvious step up in opposition (a tactical change I never thought I'd see him make). And if you're a newly promoted or obvious bottom half / bottom third team, then the #1 priority is to shore up the defence. You build from the back, and defensively we have been fantastic.

If anything I'm excited about our future prospects, not concerned about out future approach. Survive the season. Keep AK. Maintain our solid back-line. And bring in some more creative quality in the summer (or with any luck some in January) who can fit seamlessly into our system. And then there's no reason we can't secure ourselves a safe mid-table position in future seasons and kick on from there.

Valdes was poor with the shot but it was Chambers who was caught out. He switched off and lost his man and by the time he recovered it was too late.

I'm torn over our future. I agree that we've built great foundations yet I also think that with just a little bit more intent we'd probably have 4 or 5 extra points already. That would put us 9th/10th in the league.

So we are doing ok but we won't stay up if we can only beat the bottom 3.

Back to the optimism if we add those 2 or 3 players that we need then we are a top 10 team. Actually think we could achieve this with the current set up if we focused on set pieces.

I see a lot of Sevilla and Atlético Madrid in us - we just need more quality further up the field and some intent to attack.

A niggling doubt I have is whether AK has it in him to find the balance. The issues that we are facing in the Prem are the same we faced last season and the season before. This is despite repeated investment in those key areas.

I think I'm right in saying we've won 1pt from loosing positions this season and dropped 9 from winning positions.

So I've seen nothing to suggest that AK will change but if he does grow we could be onto something really special.

Where were you after the Swansea game?

What's it got do with you stirrer  :rolleyes:  I've got a life actually and I think you're a cheeky get too  :D

Similar frustrations to the Southampton game. Not much between the two teams. Soon as we go a goal down though we just look bereft of ideas, as if the players are thinking "ohhh Plan A of don't concede has failed, what's plan B?" - Plan B seems to consist of slow ploddy passing and then lumping a crap ball upto Negredo who, not for the first time this season, I felt sorry for.

I don't know if Karanka is playing the "look at my lack options" game with Steve Gibson but his substitutions are at times baffling - a full back playing right wing when you're searching for a goal - what the effing F is that about??