oneBoro Forum

Boro V Leicester City 0-0

The De Roon chance was harder than people seem to think, the ball was ever so slightly behind him which makes it very difficult to then direct that on target.

Ramirez, Negredo not gambling on Friends cross, Forshaw & Friend chances were all golden IMO though, all 4 need to at least work the keeper.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, great, we're great defensively.

Doesn't stop anyones criticisms of our attack or our dire & negative football being true. 

But whatever, I guess if it keeps us in the league we'll just have to put up with the garbage we're given and pretend to like it.

Yeah, great, we're great defensively.

Doesn't stop anyones criticisms of our attack or our dire & negative football being true. 

But whatever, I guess if it keeps us in the league we'll just have to put up with the garbage we're given and pretend to like it.

Just giving a bit of balance mate, read through my other posts and you'll see I'm not that happy with how we're playing.

The only good chance we created was Forshaw's and it wasn't the person you'd want getting that type of chance. The Ramirez chance was a mistake by them. Friend got a bit lucky with the first man he beat but then you're still expecting your left back to beat two people and finish on an angle with his weaker foot. I wouldn't personally call that a good chance. The effort for de Roon wasn't easy even for a striker and the only striker we had on the park wouldn't have scored it either as it was on his weaker foot and he has zero confidence in it by the looks of things. The stats show we're pretty bad at this part of the game and watching the games show it as well. Maybe the new the big fella can help with that, give us a new target and a different kind of threat.

Couldn't do it any quicker really :)

Man Utd game we were mostly defending as you'd expect. They had a few chances, a goal wrongly disallowed in my opinion and hit the post a couple of times. We actually could have scored very early on ourselves when we had a 3 v 1 in the first few minutes but Traore instead passing to one of the other players basically didn't know what to do so just hit a really tame shot. We took the lead from a nice little bit of football from left to right, Chambers put in a little chipped pass really more than a cross, Negredo brought it down and Leadbitter finished very nicely. We if anything sat back more and eventually the pressure told, they scored and then scored again within a minute or two. We didn't deserve anything really although we put a decent shift in.

Leicester in the first half was a sloppy game really. Neither team created much that I can think of and both teams looked very ordinary. In fact ordinary would be talking them up I'd say. The second half they sat back more and we dominated possession without being able to carve out many opportunities. Barragan went off with an injury (was it a hammy?) and Friend came on in his place, immediately looking like the best player on the park to be honest. Fabio moved over to right back in place of Barragan. Traore was lively but a bit wasteful although after the game it looks like he could have had a penalty. Negredo was poor in my opinion, Ramirez not much better and generally we lacked any kind of spark. Forshaw had a decent chance from a cross but completely messed up the header and Ramirez probably should have scored or at least hit the target after a mistake by Wes Morgan I think it was but he managed to hit the side netting.

4 good opportunities maybe, but none hit the target. The amount of games this season where we've tested a goalkeeper several times, is minimal. We need to up what we do in the final third, we need to be more clinical with the final pass, and have more intelligence too. The back end of this season is going to be very difficult, I'm slightly concerned at the points we've thrown away and the games in which we could have got 3 points but haven't really gone for it.

But all 4 chances should've been at least on target. The rest of our players can't do anything about those individuals missing very good chances. If Negredo is on that De Roon chance we score, if he gets the Forshaw header we score. 9 times out of 10 Ramirez buries that half volley and we win. Friend should have either worked the keeper or played the easy pass to Negredo and we'd probably score. It's fine margins and it's all the more frustrating because we are really very close to being a genuinely good team in this division, hopefully we can address the issues this month.

I'd say we're close(ish) to being a genuinely average team in this division, but I'd take average in the PL!

4 good opportunities maybe, but none hit the target. The amount of games this season where we've tested a goalkeeper several times, is minimal. We need to up what we do in the final third, we need to be more clinical with the final pass, and have more intelligence too. The back end of this season is going to be very difficult, I'm slightly concerned at the points we've thrown away and the games in which we could have got 3 points but haven't really gone for it.

But all 4 chances should've been at least on target. The rest of our players can't do anything about those individuals missing very good chances. If Negredo is on that De Roon chance we score, if he gets the Forshaw header we score. 9 times out of 10 Ramirez buries that half volley and we win. Friend should have either worked the keeper or played the easy pass to Negredo and we'd probably score. It's fine margins and it's all the more frustrating because we are really very close to being a genuinely good team in this division, hopefully we can address the issues this month.

I'd say we're close(ish) to being a genuinely average team in this division, but I'd take average in the PL!

Well I was meaning Southampton kind of level, which I consider good.