oneBoro Forum

Relegation Rivals

Anyone know the BORO strip for next season. WHY, because I believe it was ordered months ago. I would like to pose a question. Does anyone believe the objective was to restrict spending whiile publicly promote the goal was survival but in all reality know there was more likelihood of going straight back down. In financial  terms what exactly has it cost us. Basically we now receive the parachute payment so if we went up again would we receive the same again.

I don't think we really restricted spending that much, yes we could and should have spent more but we still spent over £20m in the summer and not far short of £15m in January. Not sure what any of it has got to do with our kit next season though?

I'm pretty certain that the kits are decided a good 18 months in advance, there was an article about it at the end of last season.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Anyone know the BORO strip for next season. WHY, because I believe it was ordered months ago. I would like to pose a question. Does anyone believe the objective was to restrict spending whiile publicly promote the goal was survival but in all reality know there was more likelihood of going straight back down. In financial  terms what exactly has it cost us. Basically we now receive the parachute payment so if we went up again would we receive the same again.

I don't think we really restricted spending that much, yes we could and should have spent more but we still spent over £20m in the summer and not far short of £15m in January. Not sure what any of it has got to do with our kit next season though?

I'm pretty certain that the kits are decided a good 18 months in advance, there was an article about it at the end of last season.

I don't see what that has to do with our spending though? Selling kits generates revenue, it doesn't cost the club money :s

The only way we can stay up is if we win the home games against Burnley, Sunderland and Southampton(can't see us winning ***nal at home), and win 2 away games - Bournemouth away and a tough one like Liverpool. So basically we're down. At least we started to plan our promotion winning side of 2018 in January 2017 :P

The only way we can stay up is if we win the home games against Burnley, Sunderland and Southampton(can't see us winning ***nal at home), and win 2 away games - Bournemouth away and a tough one like Liverpool. So basically we're down. At least we started to plan our promotion winning side of 2018 in Janduary 2017 :P

I agree. We pretty much have to beat Burnley. Looking at it OBJECTIVELY I don't think we were too far away this season. If we'd converted ONLY four of those draws in to wins, then we're right in a***st it.

BUT...... CT has argued his case so well... that I guess we actually are down.

The only way we can stay up is if we win the home games against Burnley, Sunderland and Southampton(can't see us winning ***nal at home), and win 2 away games - Bournemouth away and a tough one like Liverpool. So basically we're down. At least we started to plan our promotion winning side of 2018 in Janduary 2017 :P

I agree. We pretty much have to beat Burnley. Looking at it OBJECTIVELY I don't think we were too far away this season. If we'd converted ONLY four of those draws in to wins, then we're right in a***st it.

There are so many games you could name as well, Leicester Home and Away we should've won. ***nal away we could/should have won. Watford home and away could've so easily have been different. Stoke at home. West Brom home and away. United away could've been very different if it wasn't for the defensive lapses. Burnley away could/should have been different.

There are so many games you could name as well, Leicester Home and Away we should've won. ***nal away we could/should have won. Watford home and away could've so easily have been different. Stoke at home. West Brom home and away. United away could've been very different if it wasn't for the defensive lapses. Burnley away could/should have been different.

MATE.... you are totally right. Although the table now looks like we were also rans. We actually have been right in a***st it. We actually aren't out of our depth here. Despite what everyone is feeling.

I feel like a contrarian BORO fan here... but last season, when AK walked out, I thought OK let's move on (10%). Now, I'm feeling, MAYBE we can still make it this season... but if not, we'll crush it next year! (Not the general view)!

Option B. I'm just plain wrong.... but who cares.

COME ON BORO!!!