• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

When we're in possession it'll be 3-5-2. 5-3-2 isn't a negative lineup imo, I'm looking forward to seeing how it works for us.

I don't think it's the lineup people are criticising, it's that 8 of them are defensive minded players.

I'm excited tbh, a 2 striker formation, a formation that SHOULD allow Friend & Fabio free reign down the wings. More Bernardo.

Lets see how it goes :D

When we're in possession it'll be 3-5-2. 5-3-2 isn't a negative lineup imo, I'm looking forward to seeing how it works for us.

I don't think it's the lineup people are criticising, it's that 8 of them are defensive minded players.

I'm excited tbh, a 2 striker formation, a formation that SHOULD allow Friend & Fabio free reign down the wings. More Bernardo.

That's a bit harsh, I wouldn't call Leadbitter or De Roon defensive players. De Roon gets in the box quite a lot, Leadbitter is there to spread the ball to those wing backs and Forshaw keeps things ticking. He's picked the ideal midfield three for this formation in my opinion.

I think people see 5 defenders and automatically think it's going to be a defensive performance, it makes sense the way we;ve playing recently.

those of you who have seen the games might have noticed we've been playing in small areas on one side of the pitch, creating a load of space on the other flank and we've been switching it and looking to get the ball in, this way it means we cans till do that with the 3 CM's dragging players over , but now we theoreticaly have an extra man in the box to hit with crosses, meaning the way we've playing recently is more likely to be effective

Also for those who aren't changing threads, according to the Telegraph Chelsea have told Burnley to return Patrick Bamford and have pulled him from todays squad due to interest/bid from us.

It'll be interesting to see how the midfield three lines up today, all three of them have played the more advanced role of the three so could we be seeing all of them playing high and supporting the striker?

That's a bit harsh, I wouldn't call Leadbitter or De Roon defensive players. De Roon gets in the box quite a lot, Leadbitter is there to spread the ball to those wing backs and Forshaw keeps things ticking. He's picked the ideal midfield three for this formation in my opinion.

Oh no I like it myself but that seems to be what others are saying.

Also while he has been operating in a more box to box role De Roon did turn up here with a DM tag on him so not surprised he hasn't fully shook that.

Same set up/ formation with Fabio on the wing is my bet

Again, we release our team sheet with the players in order from GK out, right to left. Fabio is 100% RB/RWB today unless we've suddenly changed the way we release teamsheets.

Same set up/ formation with Fabio on the wing is my bet

Again, we release our team sheet with the players in order from GK out, right to left. Fabio is 100% RB/RWB today unless we've suddenly changed the way we release teamsheets.

Who releases the team sheet? Maybe that's their interpretation of the line up, why would we give the opposition an hour to think about our strategy?

Having seen many team sheets as they've been handed out over the years, it's often just how they get scribbled down by whoever's doing them, you shouldn't really read anything into the order they've been written down.

Won't likely be about much for chat during the match today, but reckon it'll be a 1-1. Hoping, of course, for more. Atmosphere should be powerful with the crowd paying tribute to Graham Taylor, I'd have thought.

Up the Boro!