oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Watford (Away) 0-0

I'm not sure if defensive football can be called negative football but it is hard to dismiss the fact we play a dull possession based game.

We look comfortable in possession in our half and on the half way line, but we just run out of ideas and movement in the final third.

When watching today I genuinely wouldn't be able to tell you what our game plan was. Was it to attack down the sides? Or go through the middle?

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a good day out at watford,but god another borefest for me we are just set up not too loose, very little attacking today and in the end we could of lost this game, if we took the game bye the scruff of the neck and showed some attack minded play, they were there for the taking,negredo today didnt show much passion,his movement on and off the ball wasnt good enough,

I'm not sure if defensive football can be called negative football but it is hard to dismiss the fact we play a dull possession based game.

We look comfortable in possession in our half and on the half way line, but we just run out of ideas and movement in the final third.

When watching today I genuinely wouldn't be able to tell you what our game plan was. Was it to attack down the sides? Or go through the middle?

Well our two best chances came from lofted balls into negrado who knocked it down for stuani so I assume this was the plan. We just didn't do it very often

every game i go too i think this is it today, we might show a little bit of backbone and attack a team and get our just deserts, but as soon as the match kicks off you can see thats not going too happen it was just wishfull thinking,

i speak how i see it , today at the match the moans and groans of fans who pay good money too follow the boro is getting more intense,and louder,it was a good point only because we were hanging on creating nothink,and lucky not too loose, THATS IT MY RANT OVER.

Hypothetical question for everyone -

Offensive football that gets loads of goals that might take us down but will entertain the fans or continue like this for the rest of karankas regime and survive just about because other teams cant defend but we see the least amount of goals every season?

Hypothetical question for everyone -

Offensive football that gets loads of goals that might take us down but will entertain the fans or continue like this for the rest of karankas regime and survive just about because other teams cant defend but we see the least amount of goals every season?

Out of those two, with such specific situations, the second one.

Swansea have been in a few high scoring games which would be classed as entertaining as have Palace. But Palace have conceded nearly twice as many goals as us so far this season and Swansea have conceded more goals in their last 8 games than we have all season.

I don't think anybody will be happy with us being an unentertaining team forever and ever like some people see it. I see it as a project; sort the defence out and then build out from there over a few seasons on the back of a solid defence - ala Stoke. If we keep up then next season I'd like to see a bit more entertainment next season. I'm surprised that people are surprised about what this season was going to be like!. To me it was always going to be a grind. If we want to be competing for Europe and Cup competitions in a few years time then we're going to have to establish and then build over a period of time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I don't think anybody will be happy with us being an unentertaining team forever and ever like some people see it. I see it as a project; sort the defence out and then build out from there. If we keep up then next season I'd like to see a bit more entertainment. I'm surprised that people are surprised about what this season was going to be like!.

Pretty much spot on. Our defense and even defensive midfielders are of a very good age to build on.Staying up this year will only help fill the coffers to buy better players for the final third.

Shut up shop against the big boys and top half of the table, but play with a bit of intent against the lower teams.

The worst part for me is that games that we draw 'could' have been won with a bit more attacking threat. Not every game has to have the same approach of being solid. You need risks at times to win football games.

I was at the Bristol v Cardiff fans where Bristol lost 3-2.

Wasn't a particularly exciting or entertaining game and believe me when I say none of be Bristol fans were walking away saying

Oh well at least we attack 'd :s