oneBoro Forum

Boro Vs Watford (Away) 0-0

They were really physical all over the ptich and we really struggled to deal with that particularly in defence and midfield where we got bullied out of the game far too often.

Still given how to feels we always struggle in the capital and some of the chances they had im happy to get out with a point.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The way we setup and the way we play actually gets into your head and makes you believe a point is a good result. So so boring yet again. So hard to watch us this season, they were there for the taking and we sat back yet again.

Awful what even was the point of buying Gestede

He's had less then 30 mins of football with us. Your post was pointless.

yes, stupid post indeed.

I'm not having a dig at Gestede for crying out loud don't you people get it it's about the way we play!

If it's about the way we play, then maybe mention that. How else were people suppose to interpret what you meant with the sentence you wrote???

You'd think we'd at least try and play to Gestede's strength when he came on, we gave him what, 1 semi decent cross in the half hour he played?

Needs to improve in these home games for sure.

At the end of the day we've robbed a point from them, we take it, bank it and move on to the next game.

You've hit Boro's problem right on the head there.

We cannot play to anyone's strengths, it seems.

Not Negredo, not Stuani, not Gestede. Its not a new problem. Look at all the strikers we've had before who suffered exactly the same way...

yes, stupid post indeed.

I'm not having a dig at Gestede for crying out loud don't you people get it it's about the way we play!

If it's about the way we play, then maybe mention that. How else were people suppose to interpret what you meant with the sentence you wrote???

Isn't it obvious?

F it. I'm going positive.

A clean sheet

A hard earned point

Luck was on our side

Friend looked back on form

No injuries

Gestede had a jog in our shirt

We broke our 2 up front virginity

Fabio pushed that barrel chested knob and showed no intimidation

Only 1 booking

away from home, big strong team chucking balls into our box trying to bully us all over the pitch. did we cave in?? no sir we dug in and grinded out another clean sheet. i've gave up hoping for an all action attacking team performance. 

these x2 home games are the big chance for us to attack and win them.  win a home game more often than we dnt and keep the points ticking over away we'll stay up.

The way we setup and the way we play actually gets into your head and makes you believe a point is a good result. So so boring yet again. So hard to watch us this season, they were there for the taking and we sat back yet again.

They were there for the taking but so were we. Every time the ball went up to Okaka or in the box from a set piece we really struggled, Watford had the better chances, it looked like we came for a point. So I guess Aitor will be pleased with the performance and result.

It's pathetic isn't it?

I don't think you understand my point... the post isn't even about Gestede it's about the way we've played for the last 3 years under Karanka

And my point would be that we've seen an improvement each year under AK, promotion and over half way into the PL season we're 4 points clear (effectively 5) plus actively looking to address that lack of creativity in the January window.

We may be lacking going forward. Boring even. But you can't argue with what he's achieved so far. Let's see where we finish and what amendments we make in the next window or two. Patience is a virtue. If your expectation is instant promotion, breeze to safety and instantly play fluent attacking football in such a short space of time - then you're nuts.

We now look like one of those boring teams that make up the numbers in the Premier League.

Not sure if I should be happy or not.

we're the new West Brom, thats what we've been waiting for all these years.

yes, stupid post indeed.

Isn't it obvious?

Completely obvious to me. Make a post asking what was the point of buying Gestede but that actually means that you're complaining about the way we play. I'm with you buddy, it was clear as day.

I said before that he wouldn't be the answer.

Its like buying a new air / oil filter for a car, when the spark plugs need changing.

But what if the auto shop won't sell you the spark plugs you need or there is a two week waiting list because they need to get new ones in first