• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Me ane km were discussing does anyone find the turn Forshaw uses all the time annoying? We bloody do. Haha

The Forshaw spin? Aye it's bloody annoying.

Me ane km were discussing does anyone find the turn Forshaw uses all the time annoying?  We bloody do. Haha

Butterfield used to do the exact same

From being arguably our best player at the start of the season Forshaw has been poor since we switched to a 3 imo. I think it might be a little trial and error as to who is the best 2 of 3 if we switch back. De Roon/Clayton would probably get my shout if we went back to actually having attackers on the pitch.

Me ane km were discussing does anyone find the turn Forshaw uses all the time annoying?  We bloody do. Haha

Problem is it's either that or force the ball into a contested area. The forshaw spin is ALWAYS begun by looking up the field, but our team is terrible when it comes to making themselves open, unless it's a CB or a CM who's run 5 yards towards Forshaw.

Just got back in from the game travelled from Derby, having to pay 40 pound in train tickets and 22 pound for the ticket plus about another 10 pound for food so 72 pound in total. Ok we got a draw, but im not sure how much longer i can watch negative football only having one shot on target all game btw i was one of the fans who stuck with boro even under Stracken who i consider our worst manager in history. Karanka will keep us up, but i think if we keep going on like this we will have forgotten what positive football looks like. Im not sure after this season i want karanka in charge despite getting us up (with the best team in the championship in my opinion) hes taken us as far as he can.

But we don't play negative football?

We play possession football. We just lack the players in attack to have any sort of cutting edge, which we are hopefully trying to rectify.

The least goals, the least shots, the least shots on target, I think the facts say we do play negative football !

I don't understand how people can't possibly see that if you have attackers of the average/low Premier League quality of Stuani, Traore, Downing and Fischer then you aren't going to score many goals. To me, this season is all about keeping up with the best tactics to acheive that goal. Obviously if we keep up and stabilise then it will become easier in the transfer market to sign better attackers and SURPRISE SURPRISE them better attackers will score more goals. We have an opportunity in January to add much more quality so I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing improvements on our limited attacking options.

It's a slow process, but we will get there. All the best teams are built from the back, we don't ship many stupid goals, this window we will concentrate on attacking options. No need to panic, we are on course for survival.

Im not actually panicking, i know he will keep us up and i know thats his job this season to keep us up and betting gibson doesn't care how he does it. My worry is its gonna be exactly the same next season.

It's a slow process, but we will get there. All the best teams are built from the back, we don't ship many stupid goals, this window we will concentrate on attacking options. No need to panic, we are on course for survival.

Im not actually panicking, i know he will keep us up and i know thats his job this season to keep us up and betting gibson doesn't care how he does it. My worry is its gonna be exactly the same next season.

I'm not worried about that at all. We've improved every season that Ak has been in charge and I see no reason to believe that that won't continue. I think when he gets the attacking options he wants finally we will start to win games that were currently drawing

We play possession football. We just lack the players in attack to have any sort of cutting edge, which we are hopefully trying to rectify.

The least goals, the least shots, the least shots on target, I think the facts say we do play negative football !

Which backs up my point of not having good enough players in attack? Doesn't suggest negative football.

We get players forward, we get crosses in the box, we get into good positions. We do this every game. What we don't do is create chances from the build up. That comes down to not having the players to do so. Not down to being negative.

I'm not worried about that at all. We've improved every season that Ak has been in charge and I see no reason to believe that that won't continue. I think when he gets the attacking options he wants finally we will start to win games that were currently drawing

I agree so far hes advanced the team every year in the championship onto the prem, but he had more money than every other championship club apart from derby (admittedly at least he spent it wisely unlike derby). Now hes in the prem alot of teams have more money than us so he cant rely on that anymore and the reason hell survive this season is because Palace, Sunderland, Swansea and hull are so bad its laughable.

Which backs up my point of not having good enough players in attack? Doesn't suggest negative football.

We get players forward, we get crosses in the box, we get into good positions. We do this every game. What we don't do is create chances from the build up. That comes down to not having the players to do so. Not down to being negative.

I have watched us three times live away from home this season, and at no time did I believe that our team had been set up tactically to win that game, but merely to not concede.If we had" better " forwards it would make little difference to the mentality of the manage in my opinion. I do not think that you and I will reach a concensus on AK,s tactics if we debate this all night, so let us agree to disagree.