oneBoro Forum

Traore in behind Negredo? I think he's far better suited to playing on the wing. In that #10 role he would need to show for the ball and then when he gets it turn and play a forward pass. Not really his strength.

------------Negredo-------Bamford----------------

------Leadbitter----Clayton-----De Roon-------

Friend-------------------------------------------Fabio

--------Gibson----Bernardo----Chambers-----

------------------------Valdez---------------------------

Change back to 4-3-3 and bring Traore off the bench if we need to late on.

Traores passing seems to have advanced slightly less slowly than his crossing and he wouldnt have to cross playing centrally, that was my thinking hah.

We should play Traore up front, that way he is as close to their goal as possible and when he gets the ball perhaps he could dribble it into the net!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is vital. that we put on a good performance on Saturday and whilst this is definitely a "must not" lose game I believe that a win just might sway any player considering joining us allowing them to take part towards the march of a safety position in the league.

Also as I will be going to the game then I much prefer a journey back without my son being in a foul mood, no fun if you have to travel 250 miles one way

I'll be honest, i'm not in the slightest bit interested in how well we perform as long as we get 3 points. We've put in enough "good" performances over the last month without picking up points. We really need to start putting distance between ourselves and the bottom three. Above anything else we really need to start picking up wins.

Think Stuani will start again, but unsure if upfront or back on the wing. Thought he had a decent game against Watford in first half. Shouldn't have come off for Gestede.

Is Ramirez out for this one?

Would love to see Bamford come on and score the winner in the last minute. Then do one of his knee slide celebrations.

I think 4 points minimum from the next 2 league games are key for us. Theres no reason why we cant get the win here as despite their win last week they still have problems such as Payet. Im happy to win ugly in this one.

Although I seem to be in the minority I do rate Carroll for them and he can cause us problems especially with his physicality.

I cannot see Bamford participating in this match, or indeed the next few really. The guy has hardly played two full games, uninjured, for two years, he needs time on the training pitch, a couple of reserve games and then lets see.

Valdes

Fabio Chambers Gibson Friend

Clayton De Roon

Traore Downing Fischer

Negredo

Now that Downing has said he wants to stay and fight for his place and Ramirez is injured I'd like to see Downing tried in the middle. Clayton and De Roon should be enough grit at home. I don't think Forshaw has been as effective in last month or so, so I wouldn't mind seeing Downing take his role albeit more advanced. And of course Downing is bound to score against West Ham.

Hammer in peace here!

I have lived up in the North East since 1996 and Boro has always been a bit of a bogey ground for us. Up until 2007 when Scotty Parker got a late winner I think we had always been turned over at the Riverside. I think this Saturday will be a tight game and don’t expect to see too many goals but I think we might shade it especially if Andy Carroll travels. We have had so much negatively on/off the pitch this season with the move etc but the Payet situation seemed to galvanise the players and the fans and we saw that in the reaction on the pitch against Palace. It was also the loudest I have heard the fans at the new ground with Bilic getting so much support from them.

I will be attending the game on Saturday with my 2 sons and a friend and I have already told them to keep their heads down as we are aware of a backlash after Boro’s visit to West Ham. Please bear in mind before labelling us all as thugs that there were 50,000 plus Hammers there that day but unfortunately you will always have a few idiots that seem to attach themselves to our club. We sold out our allocation before reaching general sale so I have had a right problem getting tickets for us, never known Boro away sell out so quickly!

All the best and good luck for the remainder of the season and living where I do I obviously want to see Boro stop up.

COYI

Hammer in peace here!

I have lived up in the North East since 1996 and Boro has always been a bit of a bogey ground for us. Up until 2007 when Scotty Parker got a late winner I think we had always been turned over at the Riverside. I think this Saturday will be a tight game and don’t expect to see too many goals but I think we might shade it especially if Andy Carroll travels. We have had so much negatively on/off the pitch this season with the move etc but the Payet situation seemed to galvanise the players and the fans and we saw that in the reaction on the pitch against Palace. It was also the loudest I have heard the fans at the new ground with Bilic getting so much support from them.

I will be attending the game on Saturday with my 2 sons and a friend and I have already told them to keep their heads down as we are aware of a backlash after Boro’s visit to West Ham. Please bear in mind before labelling us all as thugs that there were 50,000 plus Hammers there that day but unfortunately you will always have a few idiots that seem to attach themselves to our club. We sold out our allocation before reaching general sale so I have had a right problem getting tickets for us, never known Boro away sell out so quickly!

All the best and good luck for the remainder of the season and living where I do I obviously want to see Boro stop up.

COYI

It was more than a few idiots tbf mate, there were about 3 rows of them the length of the platform outside of the London Stadium waiting for us after the game. That isn't a stewarding problem.

From what I hear Stewarding, segregation, home supporters wanting to stand, home supporters wanting to sit, home supporters fighting a***st themselves have lead to so many issues with the new ground. Hopefully things will improve but by how much I don’t know as the stadium was built for Athletics not football.

No matter what fans frustrations though it doesn’t justify in anyway trying to attack rival fans. I lived through the 70s & 80s travelling across London to get to West Ham and I certainly don’t want to return to those days. It is not just a problem at West Ham though and unfortunately trouble around grounds does seem to be on the increase.

Hi Aycliff and thanks for giving your opinion, in fairness though a small sectipn of your fans have been a menace since as far back as I can remember. I have visited all of the capitals grounds at some time, but there are two I would not go back to, WH and Millwall, really bad experiences. Anyway hope you enjoy the match.

Remember going to Upton Park for the last game of the season in about 99ish. They were attempting a world record for blowing bubbles, as soon as they’d finish the bottles and other debris started to rain down on us from the tier above. The FA Cup semi final was quite unsavoury too. Never liked West Ham fans. I think there may be a bit of trouble on Saturday.

From what I hear Stewarding, segregation, home supporters wanting to stand, home supporters wanting to sit, home supporters fighting a***st themselves have lead to so many issues with the new ground. Hopefully things will improve but by how much I don’t know as the stadium was built for Athletics not football.

No matter what fans frustrations though it doesn’t justify in anyway trying to attack rival fans. I lived through the 70s & 80s travelling across London to get to West Ham and I certainly don’t want to return to those days. It is not just a problem at West Ham though and unfortunately trouble around grounds does seem to be on the increase.

Thing is, I think the way your fans acted towards us will bring out some unsavoury scenes from Boro fans on the weekend. I was at Watford last week and it was really respectful and fans got on really well together.

West Ham fans seem to be unable to let go of the whole Green Street mentality and i think that will bring out the wrong reaction out of Boro fans and I imagine it's the same elsewhere and that's why you think it is on the rise.

I live in East London and I think most of these fans don't even live in West Ham, Bow etc. to them it's an attitude/culture that they think makes up a part of supporting West Ham.

No offence mate - but i'd love it if you went down, the way your chairman goes about himself on twitter, the way you do business, the fact that the taxpayer is paying for you to sit in that beautiful stadium that I see everyday and your mockney hooligans that arrive into Stratford on a Saturday.

But you seen like a nice guy so I think i'm just venting now, apologies, I hope you enjoy the game and don't run in to any trouble!

I'm sure we would all be happy to suggest more friendly places to go for you if needed!