• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Negredo yesterday to me didn't look interested and Stuani apart from the goal didn't offer too much either, De Roon was bought as a "destroyer" holding midfielder yet we play him the furthest forward of the 3 HMF's, I would prefer Forshaw to be the one furthest forward as in my opinion has the better footwork and can see a pass but then again should we be really playing with 3 HMF's at home ? I think not

• Like 1

Having read the comments I'm not to fussed if i'm honest. Think it roughly translates as "please show me some loyalty".

Without him - he is right, we would be lingering in league one.

Probably still shouldn't have said it - not that it makes anything he said wrong.

I think i am more upset with the local RAG coming out with "AITOR SLAMS FANS". Did he? or did he slightly criticise them for this one match (out for 150+ he has managed)? 

What's that? Boro fans criticise the team daily yet are criticised once themselves they go home to their message boards crying and sobbing claiming foul and uncalled for.   :s

Big babies, grow up ya fannies  :D

Spot on.

Couldn't have said it better myself, some of the fans I sit near in the south stand really don't understand football with some of the comments they come out with and that long balls don't work 90℅ of the time so I can see why someone as intelligent as karanka would be frustrated by the calls to hoof it long just to get it further up the pitch.

Hmmm. Maybe you don't understand football either then mate - LOL  :) I think you need to look at the long ball stats, that we play under Karanka.

We also have the 10th most passes of all teams.

Negredo yesterday to me didn't look interested and Stuani apart from the goal didn't offer too much either, De Roon was bought as a "destroyer" holding midfielder yet we play him the furthest forward of the 3 HMF's, I would prefer Forshaw to be the one furthest forward as in my opinion has the better footwork and can see a pass but then again should we be really playing with 3 HMF's at home ? I think not

Absolutely spot on!!

Absolutely spot on!!

It comes down to whether we want to be in possession or not. De Roon is arguably a bigger threat in the box than Forshaw, but is definitely technically inferior to Forshaw. Slotting Forshaw in De Roon's position most likely means less possession as De Roon would be forced into a 'controlling' midfield position with his main duty being distributing the ball to either flank. 

I agree Forshaw is far more creative, but it most likely comes at the cost of having less possession and being less in control.

I read the comments, more context when you read the whole thing rather than the snippets that make him sound much worse.

Condensed what I want to say about it to 3 things.

I like Karanka and genuinely wonder where we would be without him.

I feel Karanka was pretty much right and I can understand his frustration.

I feel Karanka shouldn't have made his frustration public.

Wilsoncgp, I normally rate your posts mate, so I'm interested which bits you think Karanka is right about?

Surely shouting 'Attack attack attack' is getting behind your team, so it's OK.  Secondly, if you look at the stats, which I think you do, you can see that we play more long balls than most. It's not the fans' chanting that causes that, it's the way we play. That comes from Karanka, and in his comments he was blatantly blaming that on the fans - how is that right?

Cheers.

PS. I've also listened to all of AK's comments, and I'm actually not bothered by them. I just think that some of what he said is plain wrong. (Factually rather than morally)!

Also... I've not seen it mentioned, but they did talk about it on MoTD briefly. They said that having a go at the fans was a dangerous thing to do when you're in a relegation battle. I see no reason why MoTD shouldn't be impartial on the matter.

I'm not going to dig into that rabbit hole right now. I just read his comments, thought about the way Aitor sees things from his point of view and decided I agree with the gist of what he's getting at... or perhaps it would be more correct to say I agree that I would perhaps feel the same if I was in his shoes at that point in time.

The problem here is purely the fact he came out and put it in the public's ears. That's precisely what he's got in trouble for in the past and it's bitten him again. But I'd take that once a season over the alternative... because who is the alternative? What is the alternative? He's the manager, best man for the job right now for me and that is in spite of the fact he needs to wind his neck in a bit.

I was thinking about this myself, Rich. I don't think Traore helped him much to be fair and I felt it was as much about that than his own performance? West Ham weren't daft though, I think they sussed it early and looked to attack us there.

On the whole "attack" chanting, from my perspective it's not being changed to encourage the team but is the fans trying to show Aitor they're unhappy with the style of play (which is fair enough, it's dreadful to watch and it's not actually working) but don't try to play it off as being solely to encourage the team. At Watford when it was being chanted, it was definitely a "for *** sake attack for once" feeling as opposed to "c'mon Boro" type feeling that it showed.

Anyone watched the tunnel cam of the game? So much has been cut, no half time footage and karanka doesnt feature at full time footage.

Ben Gibson can clearly be heard hitting the wall and shouting f**k off... surprised that made the cut. Made the refs head turn.

Anyone watched the tunnel cam of the game? So much has been cut, no half time footage and karanka doesnt feature at full time footage.

Ben Gibson can clearly be heard hitting the wall and shouting f**k off... surprised that made the cut. Made the refs head turn.

I'd guess as far as pr goes the club wouldn't want a lot of what happened after a defeat shown. I've seen many a destroyed changing room