oneBoro Forum

Karanka has criticised the fans after West Ham defeat

A game we could easily have won if someone had made substitutions 20 minutes earlier. I'm not surprised people weren't happy. He's just got his knickers in a twist after we started chanting 'attack'

I forgot your supposed to defend while getting beat 2-1 these days. It may be frustration on his part but he's still a moron for publicly criticising fans

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Attack, attack , attack attack attack was all heard from the north stand. It would have been abit daft not to try long balls once gestede came on. Very little else worked. Our goal was great but your not going to score those very often. It's fine keeping the ball in the West Ham half most of the second half but when nobody has a clue what to do when we are 20 yards from the goal I dread to think what we do in training.

I've never once criticised AK as he's done wonders but it seems he's spat his dummy out today again. We've player poorly in the past and that was down to players being poor but today we actually played quite well. It's AKs fault we lost today as the game was calling for subs 20 mins or so before we made them. I genuinely believe West Ham were there for the taking today even at 2-1 down.

Once Carroll went off then Fabio should of been on for chambers (I thought he did well but isn't an attacking fullback) gestede and bamford should of been on a lot sooner as I think stuani had ran out of steam and forshaw was poor

Fans spend thousands every season following the side around the country, you hear very little negativity from the stands at home and none at all away from home

For him to turn on the fans for his own poor decisions and bad management just shows the sort of person he is. Fans stuck with the side today so where he has got that from is beyond me. Trying to deflect attention from his poor management again perhaps?

Doesnt really make you want to go and spend more money on the club does it?

Complete idiot

Well I've got to say I'm shocked that Graeme Bailey is trying to stir the pot, he's usually so unbiased about Karanka...

I think this has got lost in translation a. Bit. I think what he meant to say was. I coach the team all week to play a certain way and due to pressure from the crowd we played a completely different way in the last 10 mins and I think the crowd have to buy into what we do and back the way we play

Yes, but he also said the atmosphere was awful and that the fans have short memories, another reference to where we were when he took over. Neither is going to play well with supporters.

Karanka has done a good job for us and we can't forget where we were when he took over. However his budget has been greater than virtually every other championship team that we were competing with.

He has faired worse than Shaun Dyche this season and marginally better than Mike Phelen despite having a far greater budget and better resources to work with.

He needs to be careful criticising the fans because he is a good coach but he certainly isn't the messiah that he thinks he is.

Karanka has done a good job for us and we can't forget where we were when he took over. However his budget has been greater than virtually every other championship team that we were competing with.

He has faired worse than Shaun Dyche this season and marginally better than Mike Phelen despite having a far greater budget and better resources to work with.

He needs to be careful criticising the fans because he is a good coach but he certainly isn't the messiah that he thinks he is.

Very similar budget to Burnley...

In my opinion I think Karanka was probably just frustrated after the game for giving it a go more than he usually does, but still hearing slight chants of attack from fans. I also think he probably is annoyed he succumbed to the crowd chanting for Bamford, as the Karanka we know up till now would have never played a new signing that wasn't up to his version of match fitness.

I'm not saying I agree nor disagree but that's what I think his angle was.

Very similar budget to Burnley...

Far bigger wage bill

I find the 'attack attack attack' chant bemusing personally, and kind of get why AK was a bit annoyed. I get that we want to see a brand of football that man utd played at there pomp but that's just not possible with our players on our budget. When the fans chant that, the players naturally sense the fans restlessness and start playing in a way they aren't trained....get the ball forward quickly, just to appease the fans.

Not saying he is right to moan about the fans, but the fans are being vocal about his style of play (and yes he gets paid a fortune to take that on the chin), but the players need to follow HIS instructions, not the fans. That's why he gets paid. Just an opinion (and no, I've never called for a managers head, when I hate what I see, I don't turn up as with WGS)

To be fair to Karanka, Dyche has managed in the PL before, Karanka hasn't. And it's a completely different beast to the Championship.

That said, he will want the fans on side as much as possible for the rest of the season otherwise people will be soon calling for his head. Let's hope this is the Karanka-Charlton issue from last season, hope that it doesn't get any worse, and hope that we don't lose another game for the rest of the season  :D

I posted on the match thread about this but his comments are moronic, don't reflect the reality of what happened, of what we do game in game out or his own part to play in all this. I'm staggered that anyone agrees with it unless it's just the usual side with Karanka nonsense.

If you were at the game today you'd know the crowd were fine and fully behind the team. If you've watched Boro at all this season you'll know we play plenty of long balls. If you've watched the game today then you'd know that for the most part we played exactly as we usually do, there was no significant change. Finally, if you know much about football then feel free to go through what bringing Gestede on and partnering him with Negredo was all about if not for an aerial threat? Then combine this with a lack of creativity through the middle, only one winger of any kind and let me know what you think the most likely outcome is going to be? It's not going to be lots of inch perfect threaded throughballs is it? He made changes that would make us more direct and then complains that the fans wanted us to be more direct? What a load of ***e. The fans were chanting attack attack attack, I don't remember everyone en masse shouting just lump it in the box or words to effect and his own changes would have lead to it. Not that I think we actually were just launching it really anyway.

Has anyone read what thepinkponce has put up on Twitter tonight? Karanka apparently walked out on Thursday and didn't stay with the rest of the team last night.