oneBoro Forum

Karanka has criticised the fans after West Ham defeat

thats the video of the press conference in case any one wants to view it.

I suspect there will be a parting of terms at the end of the season if we stay up or go down or an internal situation which may be at play may force him to walk earlier.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. The dictionary is wrong. Just like everyone else who's not CT...

I've also played enough football to know that the atmosphere from the sidelines (the stands, in bigger games) is a huge influence. Negativity from your own fans is almost always counter productive. Vent after the whistle, vent at half time - don't vent during such a pivotal point of the game where the players could certainly do with the support to push them on to that final 10% as oppose to dragging them down by that same percentage.

Football fans are fickle, and I'm sure you've been in enough Boro crowds to know that mob mentality still overtakes at the Riverside just as it does in every ground around the world.

Here we go again, the usual crap when someone can't make a point properly.  I'm not talking about the dictionary definition of a word, which I thought I'd made clear.  I'm talking about your (and mine and everyone else's) experience of games and understanding when a crowd are venting. 

There was no negativity today I don't even know what you're talking about when you say this.  Can I ask, were you actually at the game and if so can you tell me what the negativity was? Genuine question because I didn't hear it and Karanka has called the support today awful so clearly I've missed a lot of bad stuff?  The fans were entirely behind us today as they have been all season long despite watching some of the most tedious football you can find anywhere.

So now football is exempt from the English language? Somehow football is so high and mighty, it transcends the rules of language and literature? No, mate. Just no.

In all honest - I wasn't at the Riverside today. I did watch the stream, and the atmosphere coming over from that was God awful. Perhaps there's an element to say being at the game you understand it more, perhaps there's an element to say that when you're physically here you predominantly only get the immediate atmosphere around you (ala the atmosphere in the Red Faction sections).

I'm not saying Karanka was right to vent his own frustrations - it's a lack of discipline and very reactionary on his part. But he's not wrong - there's sections of our fans who expect the world for nothing. The "attack, attack, attack" chants had a huge negative influence when you look at the body language of he players. When you play at home and your fans aren't behind you, it's kick square in the nuts and makes it an uphill battle.

CT - That usual crap you post about 'people not Postiga point' properly might work with most. It's not going to cut it with me mate. I'll happily ignore the childish elements of your posts and only reply to the well written, mature aspects.

thats the video of the press conference in case any one wants to view it.

I suspect there will be a parting of terms at the end of the season if we stay up or go down or an internal situation which may be at play may force him to walk earlier.

I think the ideal situation for us is that he keeps us up and then walks. 

I understand staying up by any means this season, but lets face it if we're playing this way next year then there was never any point getting promoted.

I feel his frustration we all want us to win, he has his way of playing and I don't think we influenced it, we had Gestede, Negredo & Bamford up front why wouldn't want to attack attack attack, but he his right, look where we were when he took over, this season is not about winning this season is all about finishing at least fourth bottom do let's have a reality check

I feel his frustration we all want us to win, he has his way of playing and I don't think we influenced it, we had Gestede, Negredo & Bamford up front why wouldn't want to attack attack attack, but he his right, look where we were when he took over, this season is not about winning this season is all about finishing at least fourth bottom do let's have a reality check

Another good post. If managers acted as reactionary as fans, they'd all be the likes of Bob Bradley, Terry Connor et al. Football isn't so black and white, and there's always a need to separate heart from head.

I've also played enough football to know that the atmosphere from the sidelines (the stands, in bigger games) is a huge influence. Negativity from your own fans is almost always counter productive. Vent after the whistle, vent at half time - don't vent during such a pivotal point of the game where the players could certainly do with the support to push them on to that final 10% as oppose to dragging them down by that same percentage.

Football fans are fickle, and I'm sure you've been in enough Boro crowds to know that mob mentality still overtakes at the Riverside just as it does in every ground around the world.

Here we go again, the usual crap when someone can't make a point properly.  I'm not talking about the dictionary definition of a word, which I thought I'd made clear.  I'm talking about your (and mine and everyone else's) experience of games and understanding when a crowd are venting. 

There was no negativity today I don't even know what you're talking about when you say this.  Can I ask, were you actually at the game and if so can you tell me what the negativity was? Genuine question because I didn't hear it and Karanka has called the support today awful so clearly I've missed a lot of bad stuff?  The fans were entirely behind us today as they have been all season long despite watching some of the most tedious football you can find anywhere.

So now football is exempt from the English language? Somehow football is so high and mighty, it transcends the rules of language and literature? No, mate. Just no.

In all honest - I wasn't at the Riverside today. I did watch the stream, and the atmosphere coming over from that was God awful. Perhaps there's an element to say being at the game you understand it more, perhaps there's an element to say that when you're physically here you predominantly only get the immediate atmosphere around you (ala the atmosphere in the Red Faction sections).

I'm not saying Karanka was right to vent his own frustrations - it's a lack of discipline and very reactionary on his part. But he's not wrong - there's sections of our fans who expect the world for nothing. The "attack, attack, attack" chants had a huge negative influence when you look at the body language of he players. When you play at home and your fans aren't behind you, it's kick square in the nuts and makes it an uphill battle.

CT - That usual crap you post about 'people not Postiga point' properly might work with most. It's not going to cut it with me mate. I'll happily ignore the childish elements of your posts and only reply to the well written, mature aspects.

You're wrong mate, I'm sorry to say it as I agree with you on a lot of things but on this you are just flat out wrong.

The atmosphere wasn't god awful, not even close to it. I said earlier that there were moans and groans, but that really was it. No booing, no major negativity at all. The moans and groans were at times where we had the chance to go forwards or put a ball into the box and instead we decided the best option was to go back to Espinosa/Gibson instead.

The "attack attack attack" chants weren't widespread whatsoever, to the point where I actually didn't even hear them where I'm sat, I only learnt about them when I got back and read through the threads. So that gives you an idea of just how quiet and limited these chants must have been. I didn't see any point in the game at all where the players heads noticeably dropped, so I have absolutely no idea where your getting that from, as it just didn't happen.

Honestly the atmosphere today was distinctly average. Nothing bad, Nothing untoward about it.

I wouldn't say the 'attack' chant was any different to the 'come on boro' chant, it's just the fans encouraging the team to do well. It's not like there was any boo-ing going on (that I heard)

The crowd at the game today was way more supportive and vocal than the leicester game, at halftime everyone around me was saying how good traore looked and how they still fancied us to maybe even nick the win if we tightened up the defence second half and kept putting good balls in the box, its the first time this season that good portions of the west stand joined in with the few of us chanting songs and getting really enthused. That continued right the way up until the 3rd goal, theres 2 blokes that always leave before full time that stopped because we all genuinely thought we were still well in the match and we were all together, team and fans. Havent got the foggiest where this crowd slating has come from, leicester me and my mates discussed how the south wasnt as vocal as usual but maybe that was down to the performance, none of the sort after the game today.

You're wrong mate, I'm sorry to say it as I agree with you on a lot of things but on this you are just flat out wrong.

The atmosphere wasn't god awful, not even close to it. I said earlier that there were moans and groans, but that really was it. No booing, no major negativity at all. The moans and groans were at times where we had the chance to go forwards or put a ball into the box and instead we decided the best option was to go back to Espinosa/Gibson instead.

The "attack attack attack" chants weren't widespread whatsoever, to the point where I actually didn't even hear them where I'm sat, I only learnt about them when I got back and read through the threads. So that gives you an idea of just how quiet and limited these chants must have been. I didn't see any point in the game at all where the players heads noticeably dropped, so I have absolutely no idea where your getting that from, as it just didn't happen.

Ok fair play Will - I know how TV works enough to understand that microphone placement and the like can make things seem worse than they are. On the streams, they seem widespread - can understand all too well how that can be false, but it's evident that the players and management heard it as the body language speaks for itself. Negativity sticks far harder than support - as we'll all know from our professional careers regardless of what field we work in.

I will say though that the atmosphere around the stadium wasn't what we've become used to at the Riverside. Be that football quality, be that frustration, whatever. Today we weren't the Boro fans we've come to believe ourselves to be. Perhaps it goes hand in hand with our defence being far weaker than its been for a long while, and that being the basis of everything we've built upon making it a bigger knock than it would have originating seemed, but if we're to survive, we need to keep the Riverside as a fortress. Look at Swansea - their atmosphere has been phenomenal since Clement took over, and the results they've achieved have gone hand in hand. Granted, it couldn't have been worse from their Bradley days - but the influence cannot be underestimated.

The Riverside isn't Ayresome. It's not the easiest ground in the world to create an atmosphere in. We need a fortress, and the Ricerside simply hasn't been for quite some time.

Criticising your home crowd is fine if you have the management record of Alex Ferguson, if not it is a very slippery downhill road. Taxi for Senor Karanka.

I'm not even sure it's that. "Criticising your home crowd is fine if you have legitimate reason to criticise them" works better for me.

The atmosphere was very good today. Karanka has tried to spin another angle to provide an excuse for his own misgivings. There was no negative atmosphere today, none whatsoever.

The atmosphere was very good today. Karanka has tried to spin another angle to provide an excuse for his own misgivings. There was no negative atmosphere today, none whatsoever.

I don't agree with very good but the reality is an awful long way from Karankas take on it.

Criticising your home crowd is fine if you have the management record of Alex Ferguson, if not it is a very slippery downhill road. Taxi for Senor Karanka.

I'm not even sure it's that. "Criticising your home crowd is fine if you have legitimate reason to criticise them" works better for me.

I like that even better, thanks Will.