• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if Dimi and Fry will both play. They played for U23s the other day maybe giving them a game prior to this one?

Dimi/Guzan

Fabio Chambers Fry Friend

Clayton Leadbitter

Bamford Downing Fischer

Gestede

Would it not make Fry ineligible for another loan if he played?

Agree with the jist of the teams above. I'd rather see Bamford in the middle with Gestede though, try and get him on the goal trail again. Fischer has to start to build up a bit of confidence and get some game time after the injury.

Not as much is said about our youth anymore. Is there nobody else pushing to get in the first team squad? Would be a good game to test a center mid/ defender.

Would it not make Fry ineligible for another loan if he played?

Agree with the jist of the teams above. I'd rather see Bamford in the middle with Gestede though, try and get him on the goal trail again. Fischer has to start to build up a bit of confidence and get some game time after the injury.

Not as much is said about our youth anymore. Is there nobody else pushing to get in the first team squad? Would be a good game to test a center mid/ defender.

Yes, it would.

As far as team selection goes, I think Karanka is aware that this is not a bad chance of success at all. Beat Accrington, and we're suddenly two wins away from the semi final. We don't have a huge fixture congestion like last season. Even though we do have a game 3 days later, I expect to see the likes of Guzan and Bamford play, but would be shocked to see a Fry or a Fewster.

Guzan

Fabio - Espinosa - Fry - Friend

Leadbitter - Clayton

Bamford - Forshaw - Fischer

Gestede

Would be interesting to see AK go back to 4231 for this one to see how it plays out. But with Ramirez out and Downing out of favour, our number 10 role could go to Forshaw. Believe he played a little there last season?

If it is 433 I'd expect Forshaw to be pushing up fairly high anyway against lower league opposition.

6-0 win. Then coming back down to earth with a 1-0 to WBA a few days later.

I would expect a very strong Boro team to start with clear instructions to get the job done and in very quick time.

Score as many goals as possible, create as many chances as possible will do the world of good for the following MIGOTS..so far!!!!!

I would definitely go more or less full strength with possibly Guzan in goal although I think given the fact we have West brom on Tuesday we will see a few changes.

We are in need of a confidence boosting performance after our recent run of games so this would be a great opportunity to do so. Perhaps the game will be an ideal time to revert back to the 4231 formation.

I reckon near full strength, but think there will be a bit of rotation just to get some players fit. Important for the likes of Bamford and Gestede to get game time.

Maybe one or two youth players on the bench - Jakupovic?

----------------------Guzan---------------------

-Chambers-Espinosa-Gibson-Friend-

---------Leadbitter----Clayton-------------

----Bamford----Forshaw----Fischer----

---------------------Gestede-------------------

Been reading a little on Accrington Stanleys forum and they actually think they can get something, cause they believe we will play reserves to the reserves,

Wouldn't that be true if we played rhodes against them lol

My team would be...

Dimi

Fabio-Bernardo-Fry-Friend

Clayton-Leadbitter

Bamford-Fischer-Downing

Rudy

but think AK will go...

Dimi

Chambers-Bernardo-Gibson-Fabio

Leadbitter-De Roon-Forshaw

Bamford-Gestede-Downing

Hope we see some young players featuring on the bench. The likes of Jakupovic, Cooke, Mondal seem to be the top performers most u23 games and would be great for them to get a taste of the action.

My team would be...

Dimi

Clayton-Leadbitter

Bamford-Fischer-Downing

Rudy

but think AK will go...

Dimi

Bamford-Gestede-Downing

Hope we see some young players featuring on the bench. The likes of Jakupovic, Cooke, Mondal seem to be the top performers most u23 games and would be great for them to get a taste of the action.

Maybe the young new finnish guy

My team would be...

Dimi

Clayton-Leadbitter

Bamford-Fischer-Downing

Rudy

but think AK will go...

Dimi

Bamford-Gestede-Downing

Maybe the young new finnish guy

he played for the u23s the other night dont think he will feature im afraid.