• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Decent result today. Not the best performance, but better than the first half of the shef wed game!

Few points from me:

- job done. Doesn't matter whether it's 1 nil or 6 nil.

- Thought Fisher held on to the ball far too long when he was in a good shooting position. He did this two or three times. Could have bagged himself a brace.

- fabio had a good game. Beat their full back a few times.

- shame about friend going off so early, but it didn't look too serious his injury, so he should be back soon hopefully

- Traore looked good again. Scared the bejeesus out of their defence.

- we really do lack creativity without ramirez. Hopefully he stays and gets his head down or we get a decent replacement for him.

- good to see Bamford back. He looked rusty to begin with, but seemed to get better as the game wore on.

- what on earth is the ayersome exercise?!?!

Was Gestede any good?

Played a different game to what I expected. I was waiting for the roughy and tumble win everything in the air whilst trying to hold a high line.

But he really wanted the ball to feet. Pointing to where he wanted it making some intelligent runs. Unfortunately these were not seen by Fischer or Bamford although Leadbitter did find a few through balls. Considering it's it's his first run out against a team set up to frustrate (albeit lower quality he had a decent showing)

Was Gestede any good?

Played a different game to what I expected. I was waiting for the roughy and tumble win everything in the air whilst trying to hold a high line.

But he really wanted the ball to feet. Pointing to where he wanted it making some intelligent runs. Unfortunately these were not seen by Fischer or Bamford although Leadbitter did find a few through balls. Considering it's it's his first run out against a team set up to frustrate (albeit lower quality he had a decent showing)

Yeah pretty much this. As I said in the transfer thread, his movement was fantastic. Plays very differently to Negredo. He was quite poor with the ball at times, but that could be down yo rustiness.

How did we only score one goal! Some pretty big misses in there. Should have had at least three. The players really need to find there scoring boots because we won't get as many big chances against WBA on Tuesday.

Anyone hear any racists chants today?

I didn't, but it really wouldn't surprise me if some people in the Red Faction are a bit racist.

The comment below that spoke volumes, saying why did you not sit in the family stand everywhere else you can expect them kind of chants....

I didn't, but it really wouldn't surprise me if some people in the Red Faction are a bit racist.

The comment below that spoke volumes, saying why did you not sit in the family stand everywhere else you can expect them kind of chants....

Yeah that disgusted me. In this day and age it's not acceptable to hear racism anywhere.

Does it speak volumes? I've sat in several different sections of the ground and never heard racist chants.

Downing looked good going through the middle today.

Bamfords movement was class as expected.

Dael Fry was lucky he let an attacker go wandering only for him to shoot wide.

Score line definitely flattered Accrington.