oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Accrington Stanley (FA Cup 4th round) 1-0

Anyone hear any racists chants today?

I didn't, but it really wouldn't surprise me if some people in the Red Faction are a bit racist.

The comment below that spoke volumes, saying why did you not sit in the family stand everywhere else you can expect them kind of chants....

Does it speak volumes? I've sat in several different sections of the ground and never heard racist chants.

Been in the south stand for 3 seasons and to be fair iv not heard anything like that

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was Gestede any good?

He is as much of a premier league footballer as I am judging by today

We should sign you up then, only problem is that you clearly have problems with your sight...

I guess it depends what you expect from Gestede. I expected someone strong with good hold up play and he seems like he offers that and a little bit more. His main issue was his decision making. Some of his positioning was a bit off too but both those things could come with game time. I saw enough of him today to see some promise. Had a tough job but he's much better at holding up the ball than Negredo.

Spoke to a couple of family members who went today and both said he was pretty poor? Thought I'd have a wander over to FMTTM and that seems to be the general consensus there as well.

His performance was overshadowed by Bamford for me, Patrick's movement and general play was top notch as we already knew. Gestede was decent in my opinion, but he can't be any more than that because he got zero service to his main strength.

Spoke to a couple of family members who went today and both said he was pretty poor?  Thought I'd have a wander over to FMTTM and that seems to be the general consensus there as well.

Like I said, some of his best work came off the ball. If Leadbitter had been looking up a bit more, or say, a Forshaw or Ramirez had been playing, he'd have had numerous one-on-ones, such was his running off the shoulder of the last man.

Was Gestede any good?

We should sign you up then, only problem is that you clearly have problems with your sight...

Tell me one thing he did well?

Really hope its because he was in a new side but he looked completely lost to me today

Was Gestede any good?

Really hope its because he was in a new side but he looked completely lost to me today

Held the ball up well, got into good positions, showed good movement that was regularly ignored by his teammates.

Was Gestede any good?

I remember a great knock down to Fischer (I think) where he must have leapt 8ft in to the air to gently head it back for a shooting opportunity on the edge of the box. But the guy took a extra touch and the shot was blocked. (Again it was either Fischer or Paddy)

Anyone hear any racists chants today?

I didn't, but it really wouldn't surprise me if some people in the Red Faction are a bit racist.

The comment below that spoke volumes, saying why did you not sit in the family stand everywhere else you can expect them kind of chants....

Does it speak volumes? I've sat in several different sections of the ground and never heard racist chants.

Sorry i did not explain that well, i meant it spoke volumes that someone would write that reply you shouldn't have to sit in the family stand to avoid racists chants.

We are in the hat tonight and lots of others would like to be so happy with that

Good to see Downing remind us of his class and maybe (just maybe) this can be the start of some game time. I for one would rather have someone wanting to be in the team rather than a Ramirez who wants out. I rarely criticise Aitor but for my money letting Downing go would be plain stupidity so hope this now makes all parties see sense.

The likes of Gestede and Paddy needed game time and frankly to get used to how we play. Neither have played much football for 2 years so will need time to get match sharp as well

Hoping for a relatively easy home game tonight to keep the dream alive