oneBoro Forum

Boro to launch virtual reality app

Can't wait to get a go of this! I'm developing games for VR in my current job. I've got a Samsung GearVR and I tried out the Man City app where they stuck a 360 camera in the stands so you can experience match day.

I somehow can't see it being a cheap thing to do but if the Boro managed to do something like that with the radio commentary in the background, I'd be so happy.

Apparently it's going to be quite good. Using the VR headset you can do your own scouting by watching our transfer targets play up close. Enhancing the realism the app will make you feel like you can reach and out and grab the players but ultimately they will slip through your fingers leaving you empty handed. A true realistic Boro experience.

Apparently it's going to be quite good. Using the VR headset you can do your own scouting by watching our transfer targets play up close. Enhancing the realism the app will make you feel like you can reach and out and grab the players but ultimately they will slip through your fingers leaving you empty handed. A true realistic Boro experience.

Made me chuckle, well done :)

Well its cool that Boro are investing in cutting-edge tech to improve fan experiences, but I was checking out the price of VR headsets a few days ago...and its safe to say I won't be getting one any time soon. :(

Well its cool that Boro are investing in cutting-edge tech to improve fan experiences, but I was checking out the price of VR headsets a few days ago...and its safe to say I won't be getting one any time soon. :(

This one works on your phone with cardboard glasses, £12.00

And the club are releasing their own cardboard ones to wear with it. Gadget shops sell them quite cheap too.

GearVR is like the next one up. It's really good for the price which is ~£50. Comfortable to wear. The only downside is that you need a Samsung phone and you have to make sure you have a specific one. I've got an S6 and it works perfectly.

Oculus Rift and HTC Vive are top of the range and very few people have them. You need a powerful VR-ready computer to run them off and they're still wired at the moment as well I think. Bonus with those is you can get controllers with the Rift and the Vive to use as your hands and the Vive has head tracking too so you can set up a space to walk around in.

I love it personally, it's come a long way in a short space of time. If you're on the GearVR and a gamer, I would definitely check out Esper and Esper 2, which are the 2 games we currently have out. The company managed to get the voice talents of Nick Frost and Sean Pertwee in the 2nd one too. :D