oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

Boro vs West Bromwich Albion 1-1

BORO VS WEST BROMWICH ALBION

_46408778_middlesbrough_westbrom512.jpg

TUESDAY 31st JANUARY 2017 @ 7.45 PM

THE FORM

In the Premier League results are needed for The Boro and we wil have to do better than play for the draw, like we did when we visited WBA earlier in this season, where Boro currently are in 16th position. We, The Boro, have had too many goalless games and tried not to lose, instead of trying to win, way too often. One may think, that one point will do, but we have had too many draws, where we could and should have won, which makes this an important game we must win, to still be comfortably above the bottom 3.

THE OPPOSITION

West Bromwich Albion started the season slowly, but have played better and better and they are currently placed 8th with 12 points more than Boro. The philosofy in this team is; try not to conceed goals, and hope for a win. The only difference between the 2 teams here, is that WBA has taken their opportunities, when the 3 points in a game was up for grabs. I expect a dog fight with a lot of midfield battles and not many chances at goal. If someone scores, it probably is the winner... a semi boring 0-0 is expected.

POSSIBLE BORO LINE UP

Valdes

Fabio     Bernardo     Gibson     Friend

Forshaw   De Roon   Clayton

Stuani                               Downing    

Negredo 

HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDE

Here is a link to WBA forum: http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?board=146.0

Here is a link to some statistics: http://fussball.wettpoint.com/en/h2h/7-996.html

UTB

As close to a must as we get at this point of the season. We really need a win under our belts and hopefully add a few extra points between ourselves and the bottom three.

Valdes

Fabio

Espinosa

Gibson

Friend

Clayton

De Roon

Downing

Bamford

Negredo

Traore

Would like to see same team as KM, definitely want to see Bamford starting.

Simply this has to be a "must win game" and as this last month has been poor for us results wise the game to me falls into the category of THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON.......so far!!!

Please not a repeat of the away game but part of me fully expects that

This has draw written all over it doesn't it?

I hope I'm wrong and we can nick a win.

I don't think it matters much how we do it on Tuesday as long as we get 3 points.

Simply this has to be a "must win game" and as this last month has been poor for us results wise the game to me falls into the category of THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON.......so far!!!

Please not a repeat of the away game but part of me fully expects that

I actually think this is our most important game of the season so far.. we need to get three points and I'd be annoyed if we didn't.

We can't play Downing in a central midfield 3, I'd understand that if we were a better side and could afford to play him in there to look to open teams up. We need grafters when we're in a battle, especially against teams like WBA. Downing is soft as ***e and won't put a tackle in or win a header.

Guest Changing Times

I suspect the players rested yesterday will all be back in.

The OP post is now updated.

I really hope we can nick a win here.

Don't see us getting more than a point tbh. Expect it to be similar to the West Ham game

Anyone know if Friend is fit?

We can't play Downing in a central midfield 3, I'd understand that if we were a better side and could afford to play him in there to look to open teams up. We need grafters when we're in a battle, especially against teams like WBA. Downing is soft as *** and won't put a tackle in or win a header.

Downing is perfectly capable of playing in a midfield three. He played a similar role against WBA earlier in the season.

Watch us pull a result out of our ***. We're due one of those.

• Latest Posts

• Still depends on what you're looking for. I'd say some of the bigger ones include: World of Warcraft Guild Wars 2 The Elder Scrolls Online Final Fantasy XIV EVE Online Runescape Black Desert Online. There's a new one coming in early 2021 that looks quite interesting called New World.  
    • i said it last season, the kids will keep improving and be even better as time goes on. thats what we see now. some of the football today was nice and need fast football. players involved were the young lads and bola. they know eachothers game they are pretty familiar and now the confidence is coming for them we are seeing them express themselves. the shackles are coming off and the young lads are starting to show us what they can do. give it a few months if this form keeps up these kids will be flyin and the goals will be flowing. lot more to come from us yet. well done NW you can see they all love him he's like a grandad figure to them never mind a father figure. he'll give them the love and build their confidence and we'll keep seeing the results of that in their performances, UTB.
    • NW says he has been training at Rockcliffe for the last couple of weeks so his knee must be ok now. NW wants to get him so who would argue with his judgement? Not me.
    • I can't believe it was 5 years ago when I posted this.  Are there any good new ones out that people know about?
    • Yeah I thought he had a bit of promise a few years back.  Terrible luck with the injuries, like a few of our lot a while back - McMahon and Bates in particular.