oneBoro Forum

Boro vs West Bromwich Albion 1-1

BORO VS WEST BROMWICH ALBION

_46408778_middlesbrough_westbrom512.jpg

TUESDAY 31st JANUARY 2017 @ 7.45 PM

THE FORM

In the Premier League results are needed for The Boro and we wil have to do better than play for the draw, like we did when we visited WBA earlier in this season, where Boro currently are in 16th position. We, The Boro, have had too many goalless games and tried not to lose, instead of trying to win, way too often. One may think, that one point will do, but we have had too many draws, where we could and should have won, which makes this an important game we must win, to still be comfortably above the bottom 3.

THE OPPOSITION

West Bromwich Albion started the season slowly, but have played better and better and they are currently placed 8th with 12 points more than Boro. The philosofy in this team is; try not to conceed goals, and hope for a win. The only difference between the 2 teams here, is that WBA has taken their opportunities, when the 3 points in a game was up for grabs. I expect a dog fight with a lot of midfield battles and not many chances at goal. If someone scores, it probably is the winner... a semi boring 0-0 is expected.

POSSIBLE BORO LINE UP

Valdes

Fabio     Bernardo     Gibson     Friend

Forshaw   De Roon   Clayton

Stuani                               Downing    

Negredo 

HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDE

Here is a link to WBA forum: http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?board=146.0

Here is a link to some statistics: http://fussball.wettpoint.com/en/h2h/7-996.html

UTB

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As close to a must as we get at this point of the season. We really need a win under our belts and hopefully add a few extra points between ourselves and the bottom three.

Simply this has to be a "must win game" and as this last month has been poor for us results wise the game to me falls into the category of THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON.......so far!!!

Please not a repeat of the away game but part of me fully expects that

Simply this has to be a "must win game" and as this last month has been poor for us results wise the game to me falls into the category of THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON.......so far!!!

Please not a repeat of the away game but part of me fully expects that

I actually think this is our most important game of the season so far.. we need to get three points and I'd be annoyed if we didn't.

We can't play Downing in a central midfield 3, I'd understand that if we were a better side and could afford to play him in there to look to open teams up. We need grafters when we're in a battle, especially against teams like WBA. Downing is soft as ***e and won't put a tackle in or win a header.

Anyone know if Friend is fit?

We can't play Downing in a central midfield 3, I'd understand that if we were a better side and could afford to play him in there to look to open teams up. We need grafters when we're in a battle, especially against teams like WBA. Downing is soft as *** and won't put a tackle in or win a header.

Downing is perfectly capable of playing in a midfield three. He played a similar role against WBA earlier in the season.